MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-15-2001, 09:35 AM   #1
CobraFire98
Registered Member

Post Can't believe it: ran into the back of my COBRA!!

At first I thought it was fate to get this car!! I'm not so sure anymore. I had a spill in it; okay, it was more than a spill (over $12,000 in damages) and lost the car for almost three and a half months(about a year ago). The year anniversary of the wreck was coming up and I needed take it back into the shop and get some things done. Two weeks later, my brother went to pick it up for me (I live in Austin attending school and my body shop is in Houston where I'm from. He picked it up on Friday, and wrecked on Friday night. He claims the valet service must have did it. You know it really hurts when someone you love lies to you...!!! The front end got $1,500 in repairs and took almost two months. I have no idea why, I had them put in some Eibach Springs (courtesy of my brother of course) and that took an extra week. I was itchin' to drive my car. I get it back Saturday, and while on my way to school this last Monday, an @ss-hole in an old Chevy Blazer slammed right into me (Yes, on the highway). The estimate is over $1,000 easy with one tailpipe bent. He got out of his piecer and saw how pissed off I was, then mentions that he just got his out of the shop, too (and I swear he said "***** " after that...under his breathe) So then I get his info. start driving and I turn off onto a side street and I hear him honking. So I pull over, and he asks me if we can work the deal without insurance??!! Did I mention that he is a kid? I say, "Sure, man...uhhh, I'll get an estimate and call you..." Let me tell you all something, he had his dad call me and tell me that he wanted to get the repairs done at a shop that he knows the people at and that they'll do good work on the car. YEAH RIGHT, he must have thought that I was stupid. Then, he says, "Well I'm just trying to help you and my son out, so that it doesn't go on YOURS and his insurance record....!! O-K-A-Y...buddy...wanna run that by me just one more time?????? I told him, "Yeah, that is how I wanna do it...thanks anyway...(click)" Needless to say I called the insurance right a way. By the way, because my neck was 'hurting' and I'm gonna be outta of a car once again...I get a hefty sum for 'pain and suffering'. Let's just say it's enough for a Bassani X and the installation!!! No more complaints here, but does anyone here think that the car and I are not meant to be??? I mean a Cobra isn't supposed to ever be wrecked and I've got a record on that puppy. The sad part is that I've only wrecked the damned thing once of my own accord. Oh well, I still love the hell out of it!!

------------------
Tony
1998 Cobra

[This message has been edited by CobraFire98 (edited 07-15-2001).]
CobraFire98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 10:44 AM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Damn dude, I'm sorry to hear about all that **** . My guess is Jodi isn't too happy either.

What do you drive for the months that you don't have the Cobra?

I'd start thinking about taking it to a different body shop. It should never take more than a week or two to get your car back IMHO.

Hope things go better for you.

Lata,

Unit 5302
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 11:00 AM   #3
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Unhappy

DAMN!! Thats enough to make you wanna cry!!!

------------------
1994 GT.Convertible/Performance Red. Cold Air Ind.,K&N,H.P. Pulleys,OffRoad H-Pipe,Flows,3.55,Light bar,Custom HeadRests.Lotta Chrome
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 11:54 AM   #4
CobraFire98
Registered Member

The shop I take it to is the best in Houston, and above all, I trust them!!!

------------------
Tony
1998 Cobra
Old 07-15-2001, 12:34 PM   #5
dinomite
The Dude

www.cartalk.com has a list of good mechanics.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 12:41 PM   #6
cad614

Unhappy

I know what you're going through, hell my car is in the shop for the fourth time since Thanksgiving! Just don't start thinking you and the car are not ment to be because after three wrecks it's yours. I know every accident I've has made me appreciate my car even more, and there is no way I'd even consider selling it now.. besides I seriously doubt I could even get what I wanted for it.
Be grateful for having a good body shop, it's just too bad the "pain and suffering" wasn't enough for a supercharger.

------------------
'95 GT Convertable
cad614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 10:39 PM   #7
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Dude that sucks just seems like u are having some bad luck. U should get alot more money than just for an x pipe. Especialy with ur neck and back hurting. I got rearend on the freeway before I was just the passenger in a truck. Got my self a awesome lawyer and well lets just say i got two months of free messages (by some cute chiropatic assitants)all for free and just over 3 grand. So if u do it right it does have benifits.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 11:37 PM   #8
slider
Registered Member

once the same car is in a wreck, it is most likely to be in another one.

it's very true

I would sell it and get another car.

David
slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 10:51 AM   #9
Mach 1
Registered Member

Get rid of it. Too much bad karma. Ive been there before, get rid of it, the sooner the better. Besides, the subframes probably all twisted up anyway.

there are plenty of other mustangs in the sea.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 12:24 PM   #10
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

DAMN THAT SUCKS!! M<arbles went into the shop to have her front frame core replaced and a new coat after just 1 week. She's the bomb now tho. Love her. Take care and try to be safe. I love cobras. Light EmUp!

------------------
My 87 GT....Marbles
AIM: Marbles87Fox
Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 02:49 AM   #11
LincoConti87
Registered Member

Well I say as long as everything can be fixed(no frame damage)keep it until you tire of it...theres no such thing as Kharma or any of that superstitious junk...well thats my opinion as Christian but you can think whatever you want cus its a free country(in which you have to pay money to live lol)
LincoConti87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 09:15 PM   #12
CobraFire98
Registered Member

I can't believe how some of you are so eager to just get rid of something because of a lil 'bad luck'. No offense, but I LOVE this car and have a bond with it. Anyway, I knew of frame damage after I wrecked it (the only time I wrecked it) and I knew and trusted the guys working the frame machine. The car is solid, I have no problem racing and winning still. I do plan to put in some subframes to lock everything back up since the car has been through Hell. Does anyone know if this will destroy the ride quality; I just got some Eibachs put in and the car rides like dream!!!
AND NO--I JUST CAN'T GET RID OF IT!!!!!!!

------------------
Tony
1998 Cobra