MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-15-2001, 01:56 PM   #1
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Angry CA needs to step up and oust their Representative.

The Senate voted 98-0 to authorize Bush with full use of force as necessary to bring the people who attacked us to justice.

The House of Representatives voted 420-1.

The one person voting against this was California Representative Democrat Barbara Lee.

She argued that lawmakers need to "think through the implications of our action today so that it does not spiral out of control."

I hope to god Californians are outraged by her lack of resolve and inability to effectively lead us in a time of crisis. She is a perfect example of the week kneed leadership we need to get rid of in this country. To actions, just words. Is she not there to represent the interests and and will of the people she represents, not to take the people's decision into her own hands and decide she knows better than the collective will of at least 99% of her constituients. How dare she silence her people's voices in this out of her own arrogance?
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 02:04 PM   #2
Power
Registered Member

I hear ya 100%. That kind of action is why we are still picking our asses concerning the USS Cole bombinb.
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 04:42 PM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs down

Barbara Lee is from a very safe, ethnic district in CA. She is a fool, but as the lone dissenter she has no influence and possibly just wanted the publicity - who knows? She will always carry the shame of her dissenting vote, so I say, forget her.

I believe one Senator voted against declaring war on Germany and Japan Dec. 8, 1941.
Proving that there is always someone who will do the wrong thing, even in war.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 05:27 PM   #4
PKRWUD

Barbara Lee is very proud of being a female and a minority, and she has always gone out of her way to attract attention to herself for both "causes". I don't know a single person who would vote for her, but I don't know anyone in her district, either. I have no doubt that her decision this week will be brought up by her opposition next time she is up for re-election. Please don't think that her vote was truthfully representitive of Californians.

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 08:41 PM   #5
Unit 5302
Registered Member

There is no way I think CA's feel that way, which is why I said she went directly against what all of her constituients wanted.

I hope she never holds a job in this country again, even at White Castle.
Old 09-15-2001, 09:14 PM   #6
PKRWUD

Yeah, right, Unit! I know your type. Just trying to stir things up! Damn Commie!

BTW, I don't know of any White Castle's out here. They tried one on Van Nuys Blvd. in the valley a while back, but I think it closed. The politically correct burger stand here would be In-N-Out Burger.

How ya doin' Unit? This is a little too nuts for me to comprehend right now. To make matters worse, I busted my foot, and am sitting at home while my team is racing tonight! I know that's nothing in comparison, but like I said, it's too much for me to comprehend right now.

Armed and Ready
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 02:18 AM   #7
84_GT350
Registered Member

That was absolutely ludicrus. The most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Who wants to place bets she doesn't get re-elected. Like Unit said...she must've gone against 99.999999% of her constituents. What a fool. Like her piddely little vote would make a difference. And if it's a message she's trying to send, she failed miserably. This is not the time for personal glorification.

------------------
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops), 302HO, Comp cams Xtreme Energy cam, Carter 625cfm carb, Weiand Stealth intake, MSD distributor, MSD coil, FMS 9mm wires, 1 5/8" MAC unequal shorties, 2 1/2" MAC Prochamber H-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, KYBs, 16"x8" 4 lug Cobra Rs, Falken 245/45ZR16s

So I pushed it up to 110,
That flathead motor was about to give in,
I crossed my fingers and prayed to the lord,
Don't let me down you fuct up ford!"

"5-Oh Ford" by The Reverend Horton Heat
84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 09:25 PM   #8
Unit 5302
Registered Member

PKRWUD

I'm doin alright. I've never been to the East Coast. The closest I've ever been is Panama City Beach, so I've never been to NY, or the World Trade Centers. I did feel personally violated, and I am saddened by the loss. I am moving forward with everything, obviously, which is what I must do. I'm glad nobody I know was injured in this senseless attack. Now I can only watch for what the US's reaction is, and hope for a strong response. Cheney said it make take years. I'm not prepared for that, and neither is the rest of the country. Hours yes, days okay, weeks acceptable. Months unacceptable, years why even bother? If this takes years we might as well put a big sign up at the Statue of Liberty saying kill us, we'll get really angry, and eventually come after you.