MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-17-2001, 03:20 PM   #1
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Thumbs up Prepare for deployment... (IMPORTANT)

With the deadline for the Osama Bin Laden hand-over approaching, we need to make sure our troops get a good sendoff when they are deployed. Keep an eye out for any troop\squadron\ship deployments and be sure to be there if you can when they leave. Nothing in the world increases the moral of a serviceman\servicewoman like the sight of cheering, supportive civilians as you deploy.

The sight of flag-waving crowds lining the edges of fences around the taxiways certainly helped the aviators (Pilots fly in the Air Force... ) in my squadron. While I personally will always remember the supportive folks clamoring on the pier as we manned the rails when our carrier disembarked.

Other ways to help are to send non-expirable goodies to deployed squadrons, carriers, divisions. Store bought chocolate chip cookies will last a LONG time on the shelf and in the package, approximately 30 seconds once the package is opened by a soldier or sailor with throngs standing behind him with that "you aren't going to eat ALL of them are you?" looks on their faces.

If you can't do that, try sending a letter to "any US soldier, sailor, or airman" and let them know how important they are to us.

I will try to find some general contacts to send simple stuff like this out soon.

Also, If there are any out there who have contacts or family currently serving in Navy SEALs or other special forces branch, contact me so we can get some stuff to the guys on the "real" front lines. (Often BEHIND the lines...)

I'm going to contact Dan and see if we can't get some sort of special "Mustangworks" thing going here...

Expect to see the folks currently stationed in the middle east now to see some of the early nastiness, so I'll also try to get a contact for any squadrons\divisions currently deployed out there.

I'll have more info later, but be sure to do all you can. These folks do what they do for US, it certainly ain't the pay....

------------------
Adam "Hammer" Packett:
Moderator, Gulf War Veteran
GO GET 'EM BOYS!

[This message has been edited by Hammer (edited 09-17-2001).]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 03:44 PM   #2
PKRWUD

What a great idea! Where do I send a couple bags of cookies to? I've never had correspondence with an aircraft carrier before! Let me know, okay?

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 04:03 PM   #3
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Thumbs up

As always buddy, you've got my support. I'm all for helping the military kick some a$$!

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 04:13 PM   #4
90'5.0 Conv
Long time member in and out

Talking

I served in the army 4 years and you are exactly right. When we went to Kuwait in 98 for what was to be Desert Thunder (although nothing ever took place), support was amazing and really makes soldiers feel good. I have many family friends in the military and I'm very proud to say that they and I have or are serving in the US military.
Thanks for the observation Hammer.
James

------------------
90 5.0 Convertible
and loving every minute
of it!!
90'5.0 Conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 04:27 PM   #5
bada$$lx

Cool

That's a really nice idea Hammer. I got 2 buddies and a cousin heading over there now. I wish you all well. Good luck, God bless, and a quick safe return to you all.....and oh yeah - kick some a$$!

------------------
'90 LX 5.0;12K original miles (no sh*&);3.55 gears; March pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads;BBK 1 5/8" equal length shorties;MSD 6AL ignition w/ blaster 2 coil;FMS E303 cam;Pro-M 75mm MAF;BBK 70mm TB; Eibach drag-launch spring kit;Southside welded subs;9" K&N cone filter charger;Hurst shifter;Cervini's 3" turbo hood;A/C delete; gutted cats;2 chamber Flomasters;Corbeau racing seats;FMS 30# injectors;JMS chip; Holley 190lb fp;TFS track heat Intake (12.299 @ 113 - 1.78 60')
Old 09-17-2001, 07:39 PM   #6
Extremestang

I'm active duty and let me tell you, when i see people out there with tears in thier eyes and cheering for us...it makes us work twice as hard. That is good stuff HAMMER! Thanks for your support. Petty Officer 2nd Class Brian Mertes USN(seabees)

Extremestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 11:56 PM   #7
mustang marty gt

Thumbs up

good luck to all of you, when we left for , desert storm , it made me feel better, as all our steet's were lined with people, waving flag's & burning iraq flag's e-mail me before you leave i lived for mail call, i even took the one's marked any soldier when , no one wanted to bother just give me some , addresses i will write or my wife will ,and we will send whatever ge-dunk we can take care , god bless you all ,my old unit is being de-ployed, but i can't go with them this time , i would but gulf war syndrom will not allow me , to re- up . so i'm there with you in spirit. be careful guy's .

------------------
Old 09-18-2001, 04:37 AM   #8
Mach 1
Registered Member

Im expecting tight COMSEC on anything in this situation, and you probably wont know when any units deploy, unless you are the spouse of a soldier.

These kinds of things should be kept quiet for obvious reasons. Save your thanks for when we get home.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 08:58 AM   #9
mustang marty gt

sorry MACH 1 imeant activated not de-ployed it was late & i was tired the are still around just wrong choice of word's they are just national gaurd , they culd all still be at home just waiting. take care

------------------
Old 09-18-2001, 09:57 AM   #10
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Its true that the first echelons of any surprise attack (SEALs\Special Forces) will have some tight comsec, (and if your part of anything like that, I wish you luck Mach 1) but a steady build-up (what I think is also coming) will have press announcements days ahead of time.

If there is a steady build-up back into the middle-east, the press is usually told what units are deploying days before they leave.
(usually about 24-48 hours after military personnel are told).

If you want to know what ships are currently deployed in the Indian Ocean or Red Sea, its posted at www.navy.mil, you can also get deployed squadron lists over at the air force's web site too...

It's no secret where our major forces are...
Where we're going and what we're up to is another matter...

------------------
Adam "Hammer" Packett:
Moderator, Gulf War Veteran
GO GET 'EM BOYS!

[This message has been edited by Hammer (edited 09-18-2001).]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 11:30 AM   #11
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Thumbs up

They just announced on the news that Iraq may be involved in this so I can see us building up a large number of troops over there if that is true. They said one of the terrorist pilots had met with an Iraqi official a year prior to this and they think that terrorist was the ring leader of all the ones involved with last weeks attack. In any case, I think they should hit Saddam again on the way over just to let him know we haven't forgot about him.

I wish all of you the best of luck.

------------------
Gunning for 12's!

Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote