MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2001, 02:58 PM   #1
Kevin Price
Registered Member

Thumbs up ON CLOUD 9!!!!! 815 HORSEPOWER!

Well, as some of you may recall last June I finally got my motor back after 2 years of anticipation.

The day I was set to go to the track I was testing my line lock when noises erupted from the new engine. Further exploring I found a broken pushrod as a result of the motor not oiling at the top of the motor, negligence of the engine builder. Further inspection and disassambly it was found that:

1) Head gaskets were installed upside down
2) Connecting rods were on BACKWARDS
3) Oil line to the top of the motor was not connected to the right port
4) Incorrect intake was used for my application.
5) Oiling hole was not drilled at the back of the block thus not letting oil reach the cylinder heads

All of this money and all of these problems from a ???PROFESSIONAL??? engine builder (whos name I won't disclose unless someone is considering having any work done in Oklahoma City).

Anyway, I sent it all off to Bennett Racing in Alabama. Talked to John Bennett this morning and he just completed the dyno session that yielded:

815 hp and 600 lbs. of torque

Can you believe it?? This horsepower is the most they have seen out of a set-up such as mine by 40hp!!!

I don't know, I'm just happy that FINALLY this thing has come together and with the power levels it has. This should put me at the brink of 8's naturally aspirated in a 3000lb car, hope I can get it down the track!! (Good problem to have)

Anyway, hats off to John Bennett of Bennett Racing.

Sorry so long folks but I'm really happy right now and wanted to share my experiences with you. Time to upgrade my sig. now!

------------------
SVO siamesed 351 stroked to 417ci,Yates heads, solid roller,Trans King glide and a little blue bottle
of giggle gas. My Car

[This message has been edited by Kevin Price (edited 09-22-2001).]
Kevin Price is offline   Reply With Quote