MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-28-2001, 04:32 AM   #1
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs up Topless new Exauhst: QUESTION??????

Okay, Im sure ya'll are sick of looking at my car!!! BUT....since I got the new exauhst in on Monday, I'm just totally blown away and thrilled to death!!!!!!!!! it all turned out SO MUCH better than I thought...and OMG!!!! I love the way it sounds..,
I've heard it both ways as far as loss/gain of h.p. with the Borlas and the side exaust...does anyone have the skinny on that???? I dont have a clue!! Now, i personally feel like its running ALOT stronger!!!!! Is this my imagination, or might it be?? Any feed back will be appreciated!! THANKS!!!! (still no cats, off road h-pipe)I've heard you get a few more w/ the Borlas and that you dont. Whos knows?????

------------------
1994 GT CONVERTIBLE
TOPLESS IN TEXAS Girls can too's July "Mare of the Month"

Perf. Red,MAC Cold Air Ind.,K&N,Motorsport Underdrive Pulleys,MAC OffRoad H-Pipe,SVO/BORLA Side exaust /Custom Paint Skirts, 3.55, Light bar,Cobra WhiteFace 5 color Ind.Gauges, Cobra Clear Headlights,'96-'97 Taillights,Custom Pony HeadRests.Alum. GT Pedals, Alum.GT Scuff Plates, 12 Disk C.D.,Lotta Chrome

[This message has been edited by Topless In Texas (edited 10-28-2001).]
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 04:43 AM   #2
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Your car really looks good! And I'm sure you picked up a few hp also. ;o)

------------------
-1989 GT, not stock.

-2000 Camaro SS-A4,
13.4's bone stock.

-1989 Chevy S-10, EX. Cab-383(500+hp on motor), tubbed, trick flow heads, trick flow pistons, etc... autometer phantom gauges, "built" 700R4, roll cage, lexan back window, corbeau seats, R.H.S. 5 harnesses, Fuel cell, convo pro wheels, 15x14's with 29x18.5 M/T'S on back, 15x4's on front, nitrous, and so much more!
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 09:01 AM   #3
Stefan
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Damn Topless you finally got 'em!

You car looks awesome. I guess a dyno would be the only way to prove it one way or another but I didn't feel a loss either. Mine felt more open as well. I knew you would love 'em. Do you agree that you didn't really lose that much clearance? I still have had no problems with mine.

Congrats!

Brett

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
30 Years & 30 inches apart in the driveway!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 01:22 PM   #4
rbatson

Thumbs up

That looks awesome! I've always liked the looks of sidepipes . I was looking at getting some for my car before I replaced my stock exhaust(5-7 yrs ago). I called the company that sold them and they told me that a straight exhaust would be better hp-wise because of all the bends the sidepipe kit required. So I got the straight exhaust instead. What exhaust did you replace with the sidepipes? I think the borlas give maybe 3 more hp than the flowmasters but bending the pipe hurts some.

Thinking back... it seems like I could only get the kit with 2 1/4" pipes but I don't remember exactly. Yours has 2 1/2"?

------------------
Rick
My 89lx(updated 7/20/2001)
Old 10-28-2001, 07:15 PM   #5
SLIGHTLY_INSAIN
I AM ME!!!!

Cool

Those do look great! lucky you liveing in a place where you can have the top down this late in the year... Up here in seattle you cant even in late summer its too wet to enjoy topless travel. But on well. when it is nice out you are one of the few ones able to enjoy it nicely! Do you have any close ups of the svo marking. I would like to see how it was done. Well enjoy your pipes!

------------------
1993 white 5.0 vert
limited edition
22k on the clock
StOcK

My Mustang
SLIGHTLY_INSAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 02:03 AM   #6
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan:
Damn Topless you finally got 'em
Do you agree that you didn't really lose that much clearance? I still have had no problems with mine.

Congrats!

Brett

YEEAHHHH BABY!!!! Hey Brett. Yeah, after I saw all the pics of your car you sent me, I KNEW THATS WHAT I WANTED TO DO!!!!
I have had ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM W/ THE CLREARENCE!! That really surprises me. I have the speed bumps from hell where I live, and I've hardly had to 'adjust' my driving habits!!(although I am TRYING to be careful w/ them on inclines and bumps!! ) I want to keep them looking good!!
And Rbatson...I want to say they are at least 2 1/2 or better. I forget now, i'll have to look. Also, I replaced the Flows w/ the Borla exauhst....I LOVE IT!!!
Slighttly Insain...here's a couple of close ups of the paint work.....Chuck from Couplands in LaPorte did an AWESOME JOB!!!! He painted the chromey reflective look throughout the SVO. The pics really do not do it justice!!!!

------------------
1994 GT CONVERTIBLE
TOPLESS IN TEXAS Girls can too's July "Mare of the Month"

Perf. Red,MAC Cold Air Ind.,K&N,Motorsport Underdrive Pulleys,MAC OffRoad H-Pipe,SVO/BORLA Side exaust /Custom Paint Skirts, 3.55, Light bar,Cobra WhiteFace 5 color Ind.Gauges, Cobra Clear Headlights,'96-'97 Taillights,Custom Pony HeadRests.Alum. GT Pedals, Alum.GT Scuff Plates, 12 Disk C.D.,Lotta Chrome

[This message has been edited by Topless In Texas (edited 10-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Topless In Texas (edited 10-29-2001).]
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 03:55 AM   #7
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs up

Impressive, looks sweet!

------------------
Joe! 1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.58@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:www.joe4speed.com
99 Ninja ZX-6R:10.32@135mph!
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS 16.40@88.8mph
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote