MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-15-2001, 09:20 PM   #1
lx mike
Undescribable

Question Repo

anyone ever have a vehicle repo'd?? reason i am asking is that i have been tryong to sell my truck since last december and it realy hurts to be making payments on soemthing that i don't even use. i advertize in the car shoppers and newspaper but not any calls or the ones that do call want an extended cab. i am asking 2-3000 under what i owe, i am starting to think about either calling and asking them about taking it back or even possibly just not paying and letting them come take it. anyone ever go through this?? please any advice would be appreciated here.
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 09:44 PM   #2
rbatson

Exclamation

Have you tried selling it on line?? You really should. I had my Cobra and boat up for sell this past summer. I had them both in the local classified/car shopper for a month. 1 call on the Cobra and none on the boat. Then I put them both on www.traderonline.com and sold both. The guy that bought the boat was local, I asked if he saw it in the Ad Pak. He said no, I went online and searched until I found what I wanted. Everyone shops on line now, its just sooo much easier and you find what you want. I think it cost $30 to run the Cobra w/pic, run it 'til it sells... $30. You can even run an ad for free, but the $30 is well worth it.
Old 11-15-2001, 09:50 PM   #3
bri32z
street racing junkie

don't do it Mike. If you let them repo it it will cast a shodow on you for a very long time bud. Hey I was just in Ft myers on Tuesday visiting family. A lot bigger now couldn't believe it. Dont give up on selling it. repos are bad news man.
bri32z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 11:22 PM   #4
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

A buddy of mine did that, just stopped makin payments, and it took them 6 months to come repo it! And they called him numerous times to ask if they could come get it, and one time he was like ahhhh maybe monday? WTF.. I was in shock.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2001, 07:57 PM   #5
lx mike
Undescribable

I have tried all the local car shopper and have had it in traderonline a few times, just seems like nobody is looking for a truck like mine. now i am down to trying one at a tinme, first the newpaper and then when that runs out i use a car shopper.

i was just curious about what happens, i'm not gonna stop making payments, no matter how much i wanna get rid of it. every once ina while someone seems interested so sooner or later someone will take it off my hands.

bri: next time your planning on coming down send me an e-mail and we'll get together.
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2001, 08:25 PM   #6
bri32z
street racing junkie

Sounds good Mike I will be sure to get in touch with ya next time I am down that way....Should be soon because my grandmother is very ill and will be passing soon But life goes on.................
Maybe we can stir up some trouble with Lee county's finest (the sherriff dept) J/K Talk at ya soon
bri32z is offline   Reply With Quote