MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Poll: National or Regional MustangWorks meet?
Poll Options
National or Regional MustangWorks meet?

Old 12-30-2001, 06:42 PM   #1
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Default National or regional MustangWorks meeting?

It's time to start figuring out the details on this event.

Who's in favor of having a national event sowhere in the central US? Oklahoma City, Des Moines, St. Louis, Kansas City, etc.

Who's in favor of having separate regional meets? East, West, Central?
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 07:08 PM   #2
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

A National would be cool but how many members would really come out? Like this isn't that big of a message board. Like how many members would you expect to come out? I'm not saying I'm agaist this I think it is an amazing idea. But should we have a Mustang show and even people that don't belong to the message board come out and like promote the site?
Just some thoughts and suggestions

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 07:12 PM   #3
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

It would of course be open to anyone. Not just Stang owners or even members of this board. I'm not really sure how many people to expect. That's hard to tell at this point. Maybe anywhere from 25-50??? Not sure.....

Hopefully I'd be able to get Dan to post a whole bunch of stuff all over this site to get some attention to it. That would probably help boost the attendance a little.
Old 12-30-2001, 07:18 PM   #4
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Yup of course, we could even have some other mustang msg boards come out and stuff. I hope to come aslong as I am still alive and have my pony looking pretty. And aslong as I can make it to that location fine. =)

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 07:31 PM   #5
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

That sounds good 1969Mach1!
Old 12-30-2001, 08:05 PM   #6
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Default Not to be negative.

Hey guys, not meaning to be negative, just trying to put this into a realistic perspective.

One thing to consider is attendance. We have a decent amount of regulars here at Mustangworks, but divide the number of regulars we have, and the regions they live in, and you might see what I mean.

(Forgive me if I forget anyone, this is just a quick example.) For instance. In the southern region, we have ,Rbatson,TireBurner, Crazy Horse, Bri32z, Bigwhite Cobra, Tim C, Budman, Mike Navigator, JL1314, and of course Me (Mercury).

What if only 50 percent (Probably would be more, but for arguements sake) of the above people named could make it out to the Regional meeting. That would mean only 5 1/2 ( Guess my other personality will count for the 1/2) people would show. WHile it would be worth it to meet you all, I just feel that there would be some disapointed people. And if people are disapointed the first time, the chances of them trying to make it to a second Mustangworks get together fall off greatly. Even if the second meeting is organized 1000% better, and has a planned attandance of 200 members. Kinda follows along the lines of the impact of a first impression of someone.

So if were going to do this, lets make sure we have each others support, supplies, means, and the know how to pull this off and make it right, we need to figure out a location first, then a date.

The date should be set far enough in advance that people may take vacation days off at work if they'd like to. Some people have to give a few months notice for vacation days. Just a few points to consider.

I look foward to a chance to meet you all. I wont talk any trash though I did that jokingly with Rbatson, I said I'd smoke him. Then he pulls up in a Super Charged, stroked fox-body. I was thinking of another members ride. I'd still smoke you man....j/k.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 08:27 PM   #7
7DMACH1
Registered Member

I know I'm new here and shouldn't have much imput on what you senior members want. Just thought I would give my 2 cents. I live in Phila. Pa and the farthest I've ever traveled for car shows was Columbus Ohio. I would not even think about going to Kansas and I'm sure most people wouldn't drive more than 500 miles. A nice east coast meeting would be Wildwood NJ at the Jersey Shore. They have a spring and a fall show. It's held on the boardwalk and about 5,000 cars attend. There are 100's of hotels, It's a great vacation resort for the whole family. The beach is one of the largest and the boardwalk has thousands of rides for the kids. They have burn out contest, flame throwing contest and cruises. Great show. Just my 2 cents. RAY
7DMACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 08:48 PM   #8
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I know what Mercury is saying, that's why I think a national event would be better. Even if we have to give up a few members coming, there's still going to be a better turnout there than to have 5 or 10 people at a regional meet. I think we could have 25-30 people attend a national meet. But I'd be surprised if 10 showed up for a regional meet. Even if it is closer, it wouldn't be near as much fun. If we're going to do this, we need to go balls to the wall.
Old 12-30-2001, 09:11 PM   #9
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I just saw LSIJAY on the board and I thought I'd mention that it would be cool to have all the import and GM guys come too! inferno replied on the big thread about the gathering....I'd like to get the other guys interested on it too!
Old 12-30-2001, 10:11 PM   #10
rbatson

Default Re: Not to be negative.

I really think that we should 'host' another Cyberbrawl type of meeting. Get a couple other sites interested and meet somewhere like tn or ky. Meeting at another big event is a good idea as well, though I like the cyberbrawl idea.

We could let each other know which events we plan to attend and meet up and cruise in a pack to that spot, I like that idea too. I have been in Bradenton the past 2 or 3 years for the spring break shootout in March, its really a good meet.. I come back with a sunburn every year.

If we can't have our own meet(I highly doubt it, but its possible), we could meet up along the way(to another event) and everyone would know.. The Mustangworks Crowd HAS ARRIVED!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury
I'd still smoke you man....j/k.
Hahaha, you crack me up Merc... there is noone saying you can't 'smoke' me, run what ya brung.. hehehe
Old 12-30-2001, 11:30 PM   #11
MustangKelly96
Registered Member

Personaly, I'm thinking it should be a National get together.
There was mention of maybe hooking up with another Mustang site? I know Super Stallions of the Net has a spring and fall racing series and then a Smackdown in OH. in the fall. I wasn't able to find the exact dates(sorry). It takes place in Eastern US (Rising Sun, MD) which would make it more of a travel for the southern and western members. Just a thought.
Kelly
MustangKelly96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 12:14 AM   #12
7DMACH1
Registered Member

I like Rising Sun Md., that's only an hour drive for me. RAY
7DMACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 12:29 AM   #13
Tim C
Registered Member

Rising Sun, Md. isnt THAT far from me, Merc, rbatson, etc. Its a haul, but if it was planned well enough, and with enough time for me to schedule my vacation accordingly, I'd try to attend.

I'd like it to be closer to me though. Tim
Tim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 09:10 AM   #14
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

I like regional because I don't have much time or money to make it out east.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 09:53 AM   #15
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Having 2 might be better West and a East.........We need to find out where all the pople are that want to come where the pople are one meet out in no where land Mid US is not good for the west or the East cost Guys.

Ye4s I would love to come But not sure I realy could make it...... I will do my best to get out and be there where evey it is.
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 11:23 AM   #16
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Default Hey

Maryland is fine with me. I have alot of family i can stay with. We could have something at Bud's Creek. They recently had the NOPI nationals for those funny hondas. It could be a huge event. They also have a cool speed store in maryland. Speed unlimited, It has a nice blown gt-40 crate motor their.

mike
admin of
www.v8tec.com
mike_navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 02:38 PM   #17
Strawberryblond
Registered Member

Default here's an idea

I myself voted for a National meet!

But as I read Mercury's post I thought that maybe it would be beneficial to start a poll to find out how many people are from each region who would go to a regional meet. That would help us determine whether there would be enough interest and individuals for regional meets.

However I still think a National meet would rule!
Strawberryblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 02:55 PM   #18
Coupe Devil

Hey I like the idea of national meet or a regional meet. Anywhere in Texas, Cali, N.C. (Merc Tim C.), Florida (strong member base there), St. Louis (closest to me), or just about anywhere in between. I would love to have a big meet and meet yous guys.It really doesnt matter to me. Just let me know Cause Im there dude.

Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote