MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-16-2002, 09:29 PM   #1
RAINSTANG
Registered Member

Default Who believes..

Ford will actually produce a 390HP 2003 Cobra? After the much anticipated and extremely disappointing release of the Bullit does Ford really get it. The Bullit was touted to be a solid 275HP 4.6 yet barely hits 265HP. Why did big blue wait until the Camaro and Firebird are being put out to pasture to release a "real" production 390HP Mustang. Still scared of the LS1? I think it will be the same old crap, just like the Bullit. Oh and let's not forget the 1999 Cobra and all of it's recalls required just to get it to it's factory stated 320HP rating. Ford should have pulled thier head out of thier (.) years ago. What do we do with a 390HP stang in 2003 when the bowties & birds are gone? Go out and humiliate a bunch of slammed Civics? Woo Hoo!
92GT,K&N, air silencer removed, MAC equal length shorty headers,9mm FMS wires, 2 chamber Flowmasters, Hurst Billet Plus,King Cobra clutch,FMS aluminum drive shaft,FMS 3:55's, KYB struts, shocks & quads.
Old 03-16-2002, 09:43 PM   #2
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Wow, no more Camaro's or Firebird's? Kick azz. Where did they all go?

Yes, they are producing the 390 horse Cobra. Too bad that it will be compared to the Vette, and of course, Car and Driver, Road and Track, MotorTrend, etc. will all say that the 'Vette is soo much more of a car.

Later.
Old 03-16-2002, 10:21 PM   #3
91GTturbo
Registered Member

Why compare every new mustang against one bad year? The 2001's cobras are making their advertised hp, what makes you think the 2003's want?

As far as where are all the lS1 powered cars, what, you think just because they've quit making them, their suddenly going to disappear from the face of the earth.
Old 03-17-2002, 12:19 AM   #4
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Angry Re: Who believes..

Originally posted by RAINSTANG

Who really believes Ford will actually produce a 390HP 2003 Cobra?

I do.

After the much anticipated and extremely disappointing release of the Bullit does Ford really get it. The Bullit was touted to be a solid 275HP 4.6 yet barely hits 265HP.

Apples and Oranges comparison.
The Bullit is a special project, limited production car; the Cobra is a regular production model, although with somewhat limited production. A 10 HP difference is no huge deal.

Why did big blue wait until the Camaro and Firebird are being put out to pasture to release a "real" production 390HP Mustang.

Who cares?

Still scared of the LS1?

No.

I think it will be the same old crap, just like the Bullit.

Stop whining about what you don't even know yet. If you don't like the '03 Cobra, don't buy one. Problem solved.

Oh and let's not forget the 1999 Cobra and all of it's recalls required just to get it to it's factory stated 320HP rating.

Yeah, I'll sure never forget it. Keeps me awake nights, just remembering that terrible period in our lives.

Ford should have pulled thier head out of thier (.) years ago.

It spelled 'their' and what does that inane statement mean?

What do we do with a 390HP stang in 2003 when the bowties & birds are gone? Go out and humiliate a bunch of slammed Civics? Woo Hoo!

Gee, I dunno...enjoy driving it, maybe? Get real. You can't enjoy a 390 HP blown Cobra if you can't find a GM car to race? Please...spare me.

This is one big whine with almost no basis in fact. Lighten up.
Old 03-17-2002, 12:35 AM   #5
Jeb_Bush_2000
Registered Member

Quote:
What do we do with a 390HP stang in 2003 when the bowties & birds are gone?

Holy crap! You're right! Because, as we all know, YOU NEVER SEE ANY CARS MORE THAN A YEAR OLD ON THE ROAD.
Old 03-17-2002, 02:07 PM   #6
Tony Frank
Registered Member

Stop whining about what you don't even know yet. If you don't like the '03 Cobra, don't buy one. Problem solved.

----i didnt think he was whining. just askin if they are actually gonna make a 390hp cobra.

It's spelled 'their' and what does that inane statement mean?

----this means that ford has always been under powered in comparrison to the bird.

This is one big whine with almost no basis in fact. Lighten up.

----Lighten up?????? your the one who is jumping all over him.

1985 Mustang GT 19,000 ORIGINAL miles, E-303 cam, edelbrock performer RPM intake, holley 600 cfm carb, MAC headers, windage tray, 8.8 rear end with 4.10 gears, 4"cowl hood, 5lug conversion, 04 Mach1 wheels.

http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?1501
Old 03-17-2002, 03:49 PM   #7
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

I got your back on this one Mr 5 0, I couldn't of said it better.
I still think the Z06 will be able to take us, obviously for it being smaller and 15 more hp. But who cares, I'm sure acouple mods will put up a good fight agaist it. Also there is a huge price difference. If you buy a car just for racing you mind as well buy a civic, strap on a whole lotta stickers, big *** wing, and let other cars try to race you.
I'm looking forward to the 2003 390Hp Cobra, I know I have no chance of affording it but I'm proud to say it's part of my cars family.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
Old 03-17-2002, 05:11 PM   #8
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation 2003 Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Frank

Lighten up?????? your the one who is jumping all over him.
I responded to his comments - that I disagree with. That's how it works, Tony. He posts, then others reply. Simple as that.

'RAINSTANG' sounds like a guy who is p.o.'ed at Ford for not giving him the car he wants and now, when they finally do, all he does is complain...before the car has even been sold or tested!

Invalid complaints as far as I'm concerned, based on shaky evidence from past years and a generally anti-Ford bias- which he is entitled to - but others, you and me included, are just as entitled to dispute or at least disagree with.
Old 03-17-2002, 07:31 PM   #9
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Mr 5.0:

Despite your usually helpful responses and advice to those on this board, myself included, I feel that you were out of line in your response to Rainstang, especially as a staff member.

Sure, you are entitled to think he is a complete moron, and that his post is a waste of space...but like the rest of us, you are bound by rules that you YOURSELF enforce concerning flaming, etc. Despite your obvious stance of NOT agreeing with his predictions, I really don't see the need to tear him a new one, and in the same sentence play grammar checker.

I also don't think the mispelling of a word has anything to do with his views on Ford. Judging from your usual manner, I don't think you intended on coming off as harsh as you did--I just know my feelings would be hurt if you had responded in that attitude to a thread I started, especially since you are the one in charge of curbing arguments on the board, not starting them.

Belle.
Old 03-17-2002, 08:09 PM   #10
RAINSTANG
Registered Member

I'm not "whining" about anything and hey Mr. 5.0.. why dont you pull the board out of your butt (gee, I wonder if he'll let me post that?) and look at Ford's claims from the past and how they've not lived up to them. I'm willing to bet that I've been building and driving Fords since before you were a twinkle in your daddy's eye. You all want to get po'ed at my question? Fine, I'm just looking for some good feedback not a bunch of BS from some hack that just happens to drive a Mustang. Thanks Tony, you seem to be the only one that got it. And, oh by the way MR. 5.0, dont worry, if I don't like the 03 Cobra I won't buy it. I leave that up to guys like you.
92GT,K&N, air silencer removed, MAC equal length shorty headers,9mm FMS wires, 2 chamber Flowmasters, Hurst Billet Plus,King Cobra clutch,FMS aluminum drive shaft,FMS 3:55's, KYB struts, shocks & quads.
Old 03-17-2002, 09:12 PM   #11
RAINSTANG
Registered Member

Oh yeah.. one other thing MR. numb nuts 5.0: 10Hp is nothing?
Old 03-17-2002, 10:34 PM   #12
Tony Frank
Registered Member

lmfao
THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT

1985 Mustang GT 19,000 ORIGINAL miles, E-303 cam, edelbrock performer RPM intake, holley 600 cfm carb, MAC headers, windage tray, 8.8 rear end with 4.10 gears, 4"cowl hood, 5lug conversion, 04 Mach1 wheels.

http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?1501
Old 03-17-2002, 10:39 PM   #13
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Cool

Old 03-17-2002, 11:05 PM   #14
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Hey man, why don't we just tone it down a little? That was un-called for no matter who it was to. I would think that it would be your best interest to go back and edit that post...I'm just trying to help you out.

Come on guys? Enough already. I see all your point of views, but let's just mellow out a bit.
Old 03-17-2002, 11:21 PM   #15
srv1
Get down.....

Quote:
Originally posted by 1BAD89

Hey man, why don't we just tone it down a little? That was un-called for no matter who it was to. I would think that it would be your best interest to go back and edit that post...I'm just trying to help you out.

Come on guys? Enough already. I see all your point of views, but let's just mellow out a bit.
you know what Bad? your right! it did get a little out of hand. but i wont edit it, i will let Mr. 5.0 do it. it makes him feel like he has control, like a god. but yeah bad, your right, over did it.

go ahead puppet master, do your thing!
Old 03-17-2002, 11:27 PM   #16
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Now we know why SRV1 got voted Biggest pain in the ***

Rainstang came on here basicly bashing Ford. Mr 5.0 responded in the same manner as I would have done. If you don't like Ford's don't buy them. But don't come on here and bash them.

RainStang: What's your problem? You base you arguement on the Bullit and the 99 Cobra. The Bullit was designed to look good and get PR, not go fast. True the 99 Cobra was over rated, but the 01's are better than ever and under rated(from what I've seen).

". What do we do with a 390HP stang in 2003 when the bowties & birds are gone? Go out and humiliate a bunch of slammed Civics? "

Yea, all LS-1's dissapeared the day Chevy stoped making them. We'll never seen another one again

10Hp is nothing?

If you can feel a 10hp difference on the ole' butt dyno, you've got one sensitive ***. You won't be able to tell between 265 and 275.

And, oh by the way MR. 5.0, dont worry, if I don't like the 03 Cobra I won't buy it. I leave that up to guys like you.

What, they guys that actully desearve to own a stang?

You all want to get po'ed at my question?

I can't speak for Mr 5.0, but I'm not PO'd about your question. I'm PO'd about the load of crap that came after.

Belle: I see no post where Mr. 5.0 flamed. He simply stated his opinon(in a manner that I have seen countless other members do before). SRV1 and RainStang, however, have flamed.

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 03-17-2002, 11:35 PM   #17
srv1
Get down.....

why would RAINSTANG bashem if he owns one? besides, cars are alot of money these days and maybe he wants to be sure he gets his moneys worth!

besides Tireburner, you voted for me on PITA! what did you expect? im just shocked that i didnt get 13 as well oh well, life goes on.......
Old 03-17-2002, 11:35 PM   #18
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by srv1
you know what Bad? your right! it did get a little out of hand. but i wont edit it, i will let Mr. 5.0 do it. it makes him feel like he has control, like a god. but yeah bad, your right, over did it.

go ahead puppet master, do your thing!
Gezz, what crawled up your butt and died?

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 03-17-2002, 11:40 PM   #19
srv1
Get down.....

Smile

nothing at all. most people think that im a raging lunatic. why, i dont know. im not mad at all.
Old 03-17-2002, 11:48 PM   #20
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Wow I agreed with some of what Mr 5 0 was saying but geese I wasn't willing to start a arguement on it. I do agree he was alitte rough but I seen how he got the impression that RAINSTANG was being negative. Wow I am going to step down now and just watch. This is a fight for the tough ones, but honestly remember guys we're all friends here no need to call names. If you don't like it find a nice way of disagreeing. A opinion is based on what you feel, there is no right or wrong answer.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
Closed Thread