MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-23-2002, 05:02 PM   #1
Back Seat Driver
Registered Member

Exclamation Mustang Out running a chopper

Well i was watching the previews to Real T.V and saw what looked to be a convertable Sports car. Well as the show goes on it turns to the high speed chase. I noticed it was a mustang. The guy was just flying up and down the highways,turnpikes and a dirt road.
During the chase (with no police cruisers , just the helicopter) I heard the pilot say we can't keep up to him.

I wonder if it had mods because i doubt a stok 94-97 mustang could out run a Helicopter. But I am probably wrong.

Ends up he ran to Mexico because he had 3 pounds of Cocain!

Well they ended up Aprehending (SP?) him in Mexico and charged him with Trafficing drugs.

NIK
Old 04-23-2002, 06:19 PM   #2
Bad_intentions
Registered Member

Must have been modded, maybe all engine but modded. Think about it, have you ever seen a helicopter really move? They are really quick. So he must have had some thing lurking under his hood.
I wonder if this top was down. Must have been loud.

If the road to hell is paved with good intentions, then is the road to heaven paved with bad ones?
Bad_intentions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 06:21 PM   #3
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thad, a member of this board, had his car stolen, and it outran the helicopter as well. Pretty impressive.. luckily he got it back.
Old 04-23-2002, 06:23 PM   #4
Bad_intentions
Registered Member

Has he posted latley?

If the road to hell is paved with good intentions, then is the road to heaven paved with bad ones?
Old 04-23-2002, 10:36 PM   #5
Back Seat Driver
Registered Member

Yes the Guy had the Top down. Good Thing they caught the Scumbag that had the Cocaine and i BELIEVE Stolen car. I ahte how they steal belongings to support themselves. Don't get me wrong Police Chases are good to watch but I know they will come to a schreeking stop not jsut hurting themselves but innocent people. Sorry had to rant a lil

Anyone know how fast a police Helicopter goes?
Old 04-23-2002, 10:38 PM   #6
Bad_intentions
Registered Member

Not fast enough

Probably 35-50 tops...I don't really know though.

Old 04-23-2002, 11:28 PM   #7
VorteX
Registered Member

Default heh

I think it would be fun as hell to try to outrun the cops...

But remember, A Mustang Might be able to lose a helicopter or police cars in a pursuit, but It can't outrun a simple phone call to 5 different police stations... =)
Old 04-23-2002, 11:47 PM   #8
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

For some reason I heard or read, it was a rent a car.

Some choppers arent very fast. I clocked a old UH-1H Medavac at 85mph, on its way to a wreck. The pilot said thats all it would do. I'll go by ambulance.
mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 12:12 AM   #9
czstang1701
Registered Member

I definately will stick to computer games when i want to live without rules.. In real life, theres no way id ever, nor 99% of the people out there by themselves, be able to outrun the law. Can't believe it when i see people running from the cops.. I mean cocain, i can kinda see it, because your in the deep end already..but for a traffic violation? Common. Trained professionals that know the roads, have had plenty of practice at driving high speeds.. and its not 2 or 3 people against you, you have the highway patrol, etc etc.. (im not sure exactly who gets called into the action, but its more then enough)

Thats why i enjoy watching them.. Watching the idiots and scum of society get whats coming to them.

Yah i got up on the wrong side of the bed, what of it?

Sorry, venting.. kinda hit a nerve when i read that... people like that make me so mad but yet can be so entertaining.

BTW, i agree, its sick to think of what cops and innocent drivers get hurt or killed just because of 1 moron who thinks he's hot ****..or watched Chase or something... I have really yet to see even much movies where people even get away with it..let alone real life.

Brand new! w00 h00! :-D
czstang1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 01:15 AM   #10
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
Originally posted by Bad_intentions
Has he posted latley?
yeah... I'll email this thread link to him!
Old 04-24-2002, 12:45 PM   #11
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

It's easy to out run the cops. Just wind it up to 8K then hit the N20.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 09:31 PM   #12
elliotness
Registered Member

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know we got smoked last year buy a stolen mustang. We had a helicopter and other undercover vehicles. The crook made the surveillance and took off toward the border. Most of the vehicles we drive are V6 's loaded with high performance packages. We had one Crown Victoria in the group the locals had 2 95 mustang Gt's equiped with police packages (not sure what that means) but we could not catch the mustang. The guy smoked us and crashed through a gate on the Rio Grande. He bailed and was able to run into Mexico. It was some scary Sh#$ the guy was driving at speeds in excess of 110 mph. I know it doesn't sound fast, but when you factor in that we were on a two lane piece of crap road it was very impressive.

The guy was an excellant driver. The guy was driving the old box shape 5.0. The car was in great shape, prior to him totalling it on the gate. We found 120 pounds of MJ in the trunk, and a section of his scalp with hair in it.

FEDS O
Crooks 1

Anyway, just wanted to tell you that we get our a@#es kicked every now and then by experienced drivers in fast cars.
elliotness is offline   Reply With Quote