MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-10-2002, 10:14 PM   #1
Jessica
Registered Member

Thumbs down Why do most Guys Cheat?

I just dumped my 4th cheating boyfriend. Why do guys cheat? Why ask a girl out if she isn't enough that you have to cheat on her?
Old 08-10-2002, 10:22 PM   #2
PKRWUD

Ahhh. Be prepared. The floodgates are about to open with nothing but young bucks that will promise you the world for as much as a smile. They will reassure you of a lifetime of fidelity, if you'll only give them a chance.

I'll reply to this thread after a couple of pages have been filled. I'm curious to read what the masses have to share.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 10:23 PM   #3
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Well,
I'm guessing you're in your teens.
To be perfectly honest, most guys (and most girls for that matter), don't take relationships very seriously at that age.

In many ways, this is actually a good thing....

When you're young, you're just starting out and figuring out how to deal with "the opposite sex". Young folks take the experiences they learn and build on them....

and to be honest, just because you're going out with someone, doesn't mean either of you are "tied down".

You'll both have plenty of time for that when marriage comes around someday....

Last edited by Hammer; 08-10-2002 at 10:39 PM..
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 10:34 PM   #4
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
They will reassure you of a lifetime of fidelity, if you'll only give them a chance.
HAHA. I wish I could go back to when I was 16, 17, 18. This would have described me to a"T". I used to say anything to get a chance at a girl. But then I grew up. Oh, those were the days...hehe

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 10:43 PM   #5
Jessica
Registered Member

Guys can be scum...then some can be sweethearts
Old 08-10-2002, 10:57 PM   #6
Stang Obsession
Registered Member

Angry IMMATURE GUYS

Hrm....I'm not a guy but I'd like to explain my theory... here goes:
When a guy is in his teens, he is all about fitting in with his buddies. He wants to outdo whatever anyone else does. His ego is looking for a boost. So, in this case, he might want to be able to say to his friends, "Hey, guess what. I messed around with "Jane" earlier today and then I was hooking up with "Lucy" later on at a party!!" It's like he wants to see how many chicks he can get with. He knows that his g/f will be there if he needs some play so it's kinda like a security blanket. But he may find some hot chick at a party and "forget" (purposely) that he has a g/f and mess around with that chick. This coould turn into a chain reaction...he breaks up with his g/f, dates the chick from the party...cheats on her with another chick...and so on...
Now I don't know if this makes sense to you or not but this is my thoughts on cheating. Guys, am I right, or what!?
Stang Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 11:03 PM   #7
Jessica
Registered Member

Unhappy

I am so sick of getting hurt by guys and then he rubs it in my face by putting that girls name on his profile and telling her that he wants to make out with her and show her what real love is about!
Old 08-10-2002, 11:30 PM   #8
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

As a young man I only thought with my other head. Overloaded on hormones I was dangerous.

Men in general always spring for the shinnyest thing that appears in front of them. Its not like were thinking or planning anything, at any givin time.

Look for a developing young lad that shows self respect. If he can't respect himself hes unlikely to respect you.

12 years married and counting.
mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 12:29 AM   #9
Shelby428cj
Registered Member

Default Hmmmm

Well I am 24 and I have to say it is not just teenagers it is collage aged boys too!! I know and right now I don't trust men at all!! For the same reason cheatin and lyin!! I know you are probably thinking "O well that is because the type of men you are picking" I am really picky really and I don't like real cocky guys, I pick the perfact angels the type to take home to mom and dad!!! And still they are pigs too.... Well maybe that is my problem I need a bad boy!!!! Anyone up to the challenge???
1969 Mustang (Project Rice Eater)
1999 Silver Mustang Saleen S281 (SQ car for stereo contests)
SQ Goddess
My Stereo Bro "tireburner163"
Shelby428cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 12:31 AM   #10
jj_jonathon
Trisket

guys cheat cuz they are dumbasses....in high school, the majority of guys dont have a decent bone in their body...i dont know about college yet, but id assume its the same way...you just gotta keep your eyes open and look for those few "special" guys that wont cheat (like me)...ive been told im one of those types anyways...but even though (most) girls say they want that perfect guy that wont cheat, etc etc, they are always attracted to the kind that will cheat...so its a circle until you break it...ive been with my gf for over 13months and still loving the relationship...so who knows...everyones different...keep going out with guys, keep getting cheated on....at least youre ruling out the bad ones (ever so slowly) ...and Hammer is completely right, just because you go out doesnt mean you're tied down when youre a teenager (i guess i really dont know how old you are, but i hope we're assuming correctly when we say youre a teenager, like myself)...its a crappy system, meeting people, and usually (like i said) is a process of elimination or stimulation...hehe sorry he cheated on you though...thats still wrong...he should at least break up with you first

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 01:49 AM   #11
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

Default Re: Why do most Guys Cheat?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jessica
I just dumped my 4th cheating boyfriend. Why do guys cheat? Why ask a girl out if she isn't enough that you have to cheat on her?
"because boys are doody heads an girls are icky," of course..

its not jus you, i'm picky about the girls I open up too (one too many times across the coals will do that to ya). i'm the king of never knowin what I want..

seriously, there are good guys out there..were jus not where you'd think we'd be.

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 01:50 AM   #12
LxMustangRacer
Registered Member

Not all guys cheat. I never cheated on any of my girlfriends, though I have had a g/f cheat on me. It works both ways, can you explain why girls cheat?
LxMustangRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 02:15 AM   #13
digital3.3

i think that the guys are trying to prove that girls find them irresistible. i dunno i never cheated on any of the girls i went out with, i never wanted too. i had a girl cheat on me back in high school and it made me feel crappy so i never wanted to do that a girl i went out with. actually i'm still friends with nearly all of them. i'm just out of a long relationship because i have to move a fair distance away and she didn't want a long distance relationship and i can't really blame her its a hard thing (we had a long distance relationship for the first year). but in the whole 4 years that we went out i never wanted to cheat or needed too. not all guys are bad, but some are pricks.

-murray
Old 08-11-2002, 02:34 AM   #14
Jessica
Registered Member

Thx guys, I need to get out more, maybe go to the track, or the arcade, some place guys go, only problem is that my past bfs were rice boys and they were always dissing my car and I don't like that i want a guy thats into muscle cars!
Old 08-11-2002, 03:04 AM   #15
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

I have no idea why guys cheat to be honest. it might be the whole ego thing but that never crossed my mind while i was in high school (just graduated last year). Ive heard about it happening to a few of my friends and it just sounds so stupid to me. I mean if you like a girl so much that you go uot with her why the hell are you going to cheat?

Its too bad you live on the wrong side of the coast J/K

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 04:35 AM   #16
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Question

I've never cheated, and I want to ask, Why do most GIRLS cheat??? I actually know about as many girls as guys that cheat! So I guess the question really is... Why does ANYONE cheat???
Old 08-11-2002, 05:59 AM   #17
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

Unhappy

First off, I'm sorry to hear that happened to you Jessica! I hope things get better for you! I have a couple opinions on this subject.

Guys cheat because:
-Their bored in the current relationship
-They don't know how to break it off with their current girlfriend, afraid of hurting her.
-They've been in the relationship for a long period of time and feel they can't leave.
-They want to be with the current GF, but want to experience some different bootie for a period of time, then return home.
-Guys are just dogs and want to do anything that moves.

This is just stuff That I have observed from friends and talking with people at bars.

-Craig

NewEngland Auto www.baystategearheads.com
-91 Mustang Coupe, ex 4cyl (sold)
-99 F150, 3" lift, 35" Procomps, Magnaflow exhaust
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 06:11 AM   #18
Stang Obsession
Registered Member

Default Re: Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Shelby428cj
Well I am 24 and I have to say it is not just teenagers it is collage aged boys too!! I know and right now I don't trust men at all!! For the same reason cheatin and lyin!! I know you are probably thinking "O well that is because the type of men you are picking" I am really picky really and I don't like real cocky guys, I pick the perfact angels the type to take home to mom and dad!!! And still they are pigs too.... Well maybe that is my problem I need a bad boy!!!! Anyone up to the challenge???
BAD BOYS-FOR LIFE!!! It's the only way to go!
Old 08-11-2002, 06:15 AM   #19
Stang Obsession
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by digital3.3
i had a girl cheat on me back in high school and it made me feel crappy so i never wanted to do that a girl i went out with.
-murray
I cheated on a b/f my freshman year of high school and he described it to a friend this way: "it felt as if she ripped my heart out of my chest, threw it on the ground, stomped on it and left it for the dead." That was almost 4 years ago and I still remember that quote like it was yesterday, it had such an effect on me. Once I got cheated on and realized how much it hurts..it really sucks. Both of these instances together made me vow to myself that I will NEVER cheat on anyone, ever again!!
Old 08-11-2002, 07:54 AM   #20
polara7777
Registered Member

Well I can't say that much. I used to do it alot. My ex-fiance was the only person I never cheated on. Guess it does have a lot to do with maturity. I grew up alot during her and I's relationship. I'm 22 now and refuse to cheat on anyone I'm seeing. Now if a woman wants to cheat on her man well, I'm a young guy I can't be a saint.
-67 Dodge Polara (383 punched 30, Heavy head work, Mopar Performance single plane intake, Holley 750, electric fuel pump, Holley regulator, .484 duration cam, FRIED bottom end!) DOH!!! Fried the #1 rod bearing. Stroker kit coming!
-01 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Clear lenses, shaved fender, rear signals in the rear housing, baffles removed, Deals Gap dragon on the tail.)
polara7777 is offline   Reply With Quote