MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-26-2003, 02:46 PM   #1
Falcons Talon
T.P.M. President

Default Car Inspection

I took my 92 GT in for an inspection. The first thing the guy asks me is if I have headers. I tell him no. He then looks under the car to see if I have my cats. I have the front cat chambers on, but they are hollowed out, and the second set of cats are cut out. He doesn't realize this, but I'm starting to sweat a little. Jerk is going to be a stickler on regulations. After he takes the car for the spin around the block, he pulls in and pops the hood. I'm thinking "Damn, I don't have the air pump or any of the pipes. This ride's going to fail inspection" He looks at the master cylinder, tugs on the S-belt, and turns and tells me "You have headers" I told him that these are stock headers and he says only cop cars have stock headers. I pull out my chiltons, but there is absolutely no picture of the header setup in the book. He calls DPS, but he can't get through to them. He finally says that he'll give me the sticker, but is going to follow up on the header thing. HE COMPLETELY MISSED THE LACK OF AIR PUMP!!! After he put the sticker on, I showed him what headers that he should be looking for...the BBK Longtubes in my backseat. I'm glad I didn't install them yet.
Falcons Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 10:11 PM   #2
lx5091
Registered Member

that guy's an idiot...at least you got the sticker! I hate it when people "think" they're right about something when they're not and force their wrong knowledge on you. He probably drives an import or a Chevy!

'97 Saturn SL1--Soon to be ditched for a Ford!
lx5091 is offline   Reply With Quote