MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-28-2001, 04:35 PM   #1
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Question Desktop dyno 2K......

Just bought this thing 'cause I'm a hick and have nothing else better to do with my time, but has anyone else tried this thing? Are we to believe any of the numbers this thing puts out?

I "built" a 351 with a T-trim Vortech, pumping out 25 psi, and only got 552@5krpm. That's weak!! Granted I'm not too sure about the different cam specs and head specs, but the program seemed to compensate for that.

Ahh, hell, it's still kinda cool to look at and play with. Anyone else have it?
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 04:39 PM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

LOL, that's terrible.

I'd be expecting more like 700hp+

I wonder if you can alter the cam/head specs and make it actually realistic? LOL

There is sooo much more than heads/cam/intake to an engine. Course you know that. Better let you select MAF, T/B, intakes, exhaust... It would be sweet if it had a pre-programed baseline, and the thing actually used real physics.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 10:57 PM   #3
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I have had the program for a little while. U can also buy desktop drag strip and use the motors u make in a car and get drag numbers and stuff it is kinda cool. How accurate it is i have no idea. U can easily get 700 out of the 351s on there u just need to changes the heads and cam specs and stuff like that.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 12:33 AM   #4
oldman
Registered Member

I love this program. Granted it's a little optomistic when it comes to adding headers to anything, but it's a good tool for figuring which changes will affect performance the most. THe program is actually rooted in the developemental data the government used in developing fighter engines during WWII. It was cheaper to put all the parameters together on paper than to build in the changes and send some poor slob up to see if it was going to actually work.
Bottom line. . .there's a lot of proven technology in the program and it can be useful if you don't put too much stock in the figures it gives you. Case in point!. . . In all my years I have yet to see a set of headers that will add 75 horses to a fairly stock engine but this thing will do it.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote