MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-21-2001, 02:16 AM   #1
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Lightbulb So what's it like in South Carolina?

So hey whats it like in SC? I've got a job opertunity coming up in the Charleston area and I'm applying for it.

Been checking out the the state's web site concerning motor vehicle laws and the board of commerce trying to get some data?

Most of it seems to be the same as Va, but couldn't find any info on vehicle inspections if any?
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 09:07 PM   #2
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

I live in East Tennessee and most people around here,head to the coast of SC for vacation.

SC climate is moderate not much snow,although it does get cold. Every once in awhile a hurricane sneaks in as does a tornado,rare though. The humidity is overwhelming at times and bugs. Fire ants will carry you off. You can take up Croc hunting too. Lots of bad snakes,"Stay out of woods or edge of ponds etc."

SC has Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head,both offer anyone,anykind of fun.

SC is a great launch pad for other states. A tank of gas you have the Smoky Mountains, Florida,Georgia etc.

Charleston is a good size city and does offer every facet of crime. Living in the burbs would be the way to go.

I would call a police department and ask a officer where to live. I would not want to move my family into the bad part of town.
mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 01:23 AM   #3
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Yeah, it's about like Va but sounds like it stays a bit warmer in the winter. Humidity is no prob. I live in the tidewater area of Va. Sometimes it's so thick in the summer I have to swim to work! During the summer 70-90% is the norm. 30% is like being in the desert. I luv it when people come to my neck of the woods

"How can you stand it with all this humidity, I'm dying here."

I work in a tire center so thats no prob. Snakes and aligators? Hmmm.... I have a natural defense mechanism. If something looks like it can devour me I lay down a trail of brown smelly stuff as I flee.

Crime - I don't want to habitat an apartment any longer than it takes to save up some funds and get a few bills paid off. Garrageee here I come.

Sounds like a good bit of advice I might do that if I make the move.
Old 01-22-2001, 05:07 AM   #4
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

My friend is in myrdle beach right now, he likes it, but wants to come back to tx, cuz of his friends here.

If humidity, and fire ants are worse than in tx, i will never ever visit that place, im allergic to ants and....they hurt
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 09:08 AM   #5
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

I live in Charlotte, NC, but spent several months in Paris Island. Yeah yeah yeah, anyway, SC laws are very relaxed compared to NC's. If you like being able to go to the beach and cruise, and race all kinds of people and cars, you'll love it!! Hope all goes well.
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 02:29 AM   #6
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Kewl, no natives yet so I must assume SC is infested with brand X . Oh well heres hoping I get the posisiton! Thanks for the clue in
Old 01-23-2001, 09:18 AM   #7
rbatson

No motorcycle helmet laws. No beer or alcohol sales from 12am Sunday-6am Monday, but you can go out and get one.. club, restaurant, bowling.. strange huh?
Never really noticed fire ants but I always stay close to the beaches. Now Fla has some fire ants. I seen that first hand(sux). I live 1 hr north of Myrtle Bch. We got alligators here too but not too bad(stay out of the swampy areas).
Charleston is a nice town, its alot like Wilmington here, only bigger. They have some cool hangouts in the historic section/ city market area. We vacationed down there this past summer, then we went to Savannah(bigger).
Old 01-24-2001, 10:42 PM   #8
Tim C
Registered Member

My uncle just moved back to Fayetteville, NC from SC (Columbia), and he said like 90% of the state has no vehicle inspections (Safety OR emissions), only like 1 or 2 counties have inspections. That means you could run off road h-pipes, etc. without worrying about passing a sniffer test.

------------------
99 35th Anniversary Edition GT (Scoop on the sides and the hood, billet aluminum shift knob, special floormats, special rims), Black and Silver leather interior, Mach 460 Sound, 5 speed, Flowmasters, K&N Filter, Steeda Triax Shifter (hopefully gears soon)
Tim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 11:37 PM   #9
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Know thats music to my ears! Actually I haven't had a set of cats on my car since about the second or third month I owned it. With the new motor though thats even better.
Old 01-25-2001, 05:19 PM   #10
dirtyGT
Registered Member

Cool

Are they strict on emisons in SC? Because my brother lives in spartinburg and i'm going down for a couple months this summer and i don't have no cats and plus i have mac mufflers so i'm LOUD!But for anyone else going watch out there is a 86 vette that runs around with about 700hp plus a 500 shot so be careful what you mess with and my brother also said theres quite a few stangs that are blown running around so it isn't all brand x.Maybe we can meet up

------------------
86GT-MACcatback-89heads,intake,TB,KENNYBROWNsubs,3.73's,HURST shifter,much more to come
dirtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2001, 10:31 AM   #11
TheChef_91GT
Registered Member

There are no inspections or emission testing in most of the state. It only drops below freezing a few days/year and that is usually only overnight. There are some decent drag stips, car shows, and cruises...and lots of mustangs. I live in Florence, about an hour from Columbia and I have a place in Myrtle Beach. I moved here from VA. I will be glad to give you any info that I can and if you let me know if and when you're coming, we could meet up and I'll show you around.

Scott
Supercharged '91 GT
TheChef_91GT is offline   Reply With Quote