MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-06-2001, 05:37 PM   #1
clearwaterms
Registered Member

Post sold my car and bought a different kind of car

Okay, you may or may not remember my car. 89 LX convertable vortech, ported heads, trick flow manifold, cam, built AOD, etc. Im going to miss the car, but i sold it to a true car guy, one who is going to fix the body, the interior, make more power, all the stuff my budget wouldn't allow. Well i replaced the car with a new car already. a 93 MR2 turbo, this car is red with black leather. For anybody that doesn't know the car it's a two seater turbo mid engine car. it makes 200 horsepower and only weighs 2700 pounds. Having had the Mr. 2 for about 2 weeks, i must admit that this is a different kind of fun, it's not a torque monster, it's all high end. But don't get me wrong, this thing brakes better then any mustang ever built (107 ft. 60-0, stock) It handles awesome (I have read articles of .94, i would guess at around .90~.91) it's really slow out of first gear, in second with a whimpy chirp it takes off and keeps climbing. It's a highway car, not a off the line car. Well im open to your thoughts and your critism (for deserting the mighty mustangs) What do you think?
clearwaterms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 06:51 PM   #2
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

if ur happy with the car then its cool......
how much did u sell it for?

JAMES

------------------
Black 1990 gt cobra bonestock
not for long
RAGE_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 07:17 PM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation

I hope the new owner appreciates his Mustang the way you appreciate the MR2.

We prefer Mustangs here but anyone can spend his/her money and buy whatever makes them happy. If the performance of an MR2 excites you, go for it, but frankly, it sounds like a boring car. Whatever.

Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 01:40 AM   #4
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

What ever floats your boat man. I jsut prefer Stangs and V8's.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 03:16 AM   #5
84LX89GT
Mustangs

If you're happy with your car then that's all that matters.
Me personally, I buy mustangs for the simple reason that i don't like driving anything else, but those are my personal tastes. Those cars are pretty cool though, and can be made to handle and accelerate very well. Good luck on your new car and have fun !

------------------
previous name: 84stangLX
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
my LX
'89 Mustang GT
my GT

84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 11:52 AM   #6
LincoConti87
Registered Member

Thats an interesting trade. I can sort of relate in a backwards way. My first car was a 86 Cougar with messed up 3.8 engine and sorry 3 speed auto tranny and all kindof probs. I still think its a really cool body style though. Next car was my uncles 89 Mercedes 190E 2.6 faster than the cougar by a long shot...not great off the line but would really move on the highway with tall gears and high power band. Dad is driving my Mercedes now but its still mine Someone gave us this 87 Lincoln Continental. So now I'm back to being a little slower but this time with alot more potential for the future and double the torque from the small block 5.0...extra 1000 pounds too which kinda slows it down. The mercedes had really nice handling in comparison and was borderline sports car in some respects...really nice on curves. Mercedes also had some excellent 4 wheel discs brakes and could stop on a dime. Lincoln has 4 wheel discs so its impressive for a boat but still doesn't compare. So anyways I can totally relate to the differences you are seeing just not in the same proportions of fun-ness
LincoConti87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2001, 01:24 PM   #7
GONZO99TA
Registered Member

good luck with the mr2. those are great little cars. not at all boring to drive. i used to have an 88 fiero gt (very similar to mr2, although could have used more power). i use to drive mr2s alot too(worked at a toyota dealer). these cars do handle great, almost like driving a go-cart. although the handleing does get weird in the corners when you play with the gas. i would have loved to keep the fiero, but with 2 kids, that just wasn't practical.
oh, the mr2 should be like most other factory turbo cars, find out how to turn the boost up for more power.

------------------
99 30th annv. Trans am
79 Trans am black se
GONZO99TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2001, 02:01 PM   #8
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Exclamation

The MR2 is a "neat" little car. I prefer the mustang, as most here do too, but it's cool.

Just don't rice out the dam car! and I will still think you're OK

Performance yes, Rice no!

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2001, 04:45 PM   #9
dinomite
The Dude

GOOD JOB! i support your decision! turning is better than straight line racing any day, but i do like having the power of a mustang. have fun!

------------------
90LX AOD Convertable: Lakewood control arms, FMS springs.
Best 1/4: 15.277@92.25 (2.27 60')
AIM: dinomite1, roadracestang
dinomite@softhome.net
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote