MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-08-2002, 01:39 PM   #1
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Default Sold my LX =(

In memory of...

Well guys, I finally did it. I broke down and sold my 90 LX hatch. It was a hard thing to do with all the time and money I put into that car, but it was time to move on I guess.

It started with a few parts being sold here and there, then a kid stopped by and wanted to buy the car. He was a local kid who wrecked his Stang a week or so ago and I kinda felt sorry for him and gave him a pretty good deal on the shell with my Koni struts and shocks still on it. He's also letting me pull the rest of the parts I want to keep in his garage in trade for helping him get it back on the road with parts from his wrecked Stang.

The good thing is he's a die hard Mustang nut like myself and promises to get her back on the road soon.

Plus the money I made is helping me get all the parts I need for my Notch. The only major things I still need is a good tranny, a stroker kit, and a paint job. I have most of the money for the engine kit, the rest will come in time.

I'm not getting in a hurry on this car like I did with my hatch. It's getting the full smoothing treatment in the engine bay so it'll be free of excess holes and painted to match the car. After that the 410 (or maybe 418) stroker will be dropped in then it's on to the roll cage, torque boxes, sub-frames, etc. After that it's going to get a deep coat of Mineral Gray from the new Ford Mustang lineup with two layers of varying color pearl ghost flames.

It's going to be a jaw dropper/neck snapper
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241

Last edited by 2FastLX; 01-08-2002 at 01:47 PM..
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 01:47 PM   #2
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH people stop painting your cars gray I thought I was DIFFERENT for once *sob* and now I see damn gray Mustangs everywhere I go
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 01:53 PM   #3
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I only know of a couple gray ones up here, and neither of them is the mineral gray from Ford. They are a regular gray color, where the mineral gray has a somewhat brownish tint to it making it look sort of like a copper instead of a gray.

Anyway, I don't think we live close enough together Belle that you'll have to worry about the competition.
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
Old 01-08-2002, 02:00 PM   #4
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

I know, just playing around with you! I know what you mean about the copper tint, which is why I didn't paint my car that color. I think the mineral looks better on a more angular bodystyle, so I went with BMW Anthracite Gray, which is more soft and has a charcoal tint, which better suits the SN95

Can't wait to see pics of the flame work too!
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 07:14 PM   #5
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Kevin say it ain't so

I guess if it helps you get the notch on the road then it's for the better, but know there's no one in town with a stang thats a match for me (that I've raced yet anyway)

Mineral grey sounds like a great idea for a color, as well as the ghost flames.

What are you driving now then? sharing the Neon with your wife again? or are you gonna be getting a cheap beater till the notch is on the road?

So this is gonna be a 410 stroker daily driver? your gonna need some really wide and sticky tires with all that torque on the street

any idea on when the beast will be finished? hopefully you'll wait for like 2.5 more years so I'll be out of college and have a 331 stroker with a procharger
Old 01-08-2002, 09:58 PM   #6
Five0
Registered Member

Some guy came up to my work yesterday and offered me 8000 + another pos car for my mustang, I told him no way. Then he said he had an 87 gt that he would trade + 6000 and I still told him no.

I told him if the mustang was in really good shape I would think about it plus 8000 but not a cent less.

I think if I sold my car I would miss it.

I hope the notch works out like you want.
RHC Member #44
nochevy@hotmail.com

1991 Mustang LX
Dart iron eagle block, 4340 28oz 347 crank, 4340 h-beam rods, probe ultra light pistons canfield heads “race ported by Brent Frazier”, solid roller cam and lifters “custom grind”, kooks 1 7/8" race headers, and much more.

Engine built by Brent Frazier.
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 10:00 PM   #7
Five0
Registered Member

BTW I think the ghost flames are a good idea. I know I love mine and get a lot of complements.
RHC Member #44
nochevy@hotmail.com

1991 Mustang LX
Dart iron eagle block, 4340 28oz 347 crank, 4340 h-beam rods, probe ultra light pistons canfield heads “race ported by Brent Frazier”, solid roller cam and lifters “custom grind”, kooks 1 7/8" race headers, and much more.

Engine built by Brent Frazier.
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 12:55 AM   #8
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Hey Drew. Long time no type

The money really isn't going to help a whole lot with building the Notch up because I used most of it to pay off a couple loans we had, but in the long run it's going to help having less bills to pay.

I only lost about $4000 from what I actually had in the car and I think if I had it to do over again I'd pay $4000 to drive that car for a year and a half! It was a fun ride, but now it's over.

I have some money saved up from a few things I've sold and more on the way for things I've yet to sell so I hope to have my engine kit real soon. I'm still tossing around the idea of building my first stroker instead of letting Woody build it. I know he's the best around, but the fact that I had someone else build it would keep me from taking the pride in it I would if I build it myself. I think I'm going to let him internally balance the assembly once I get everything rounded up though.

For the time being I am riding to work with my wife. And you must not have seen my post in the Lounge Drew. My wife ditched the Neon for a new 2002 Focus

Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
Old 01-09-2002, 01:01 AM   #9
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Oh yeah Drew. You do have one of the fastest Stangs around now, but there's a guy in Brazil that runs 12's. Always someone faster

I also forgot to mention... I saw a guys car after he did some ghost flames that turned out really cool. There was a total of like 300 flames on about 5 different layers, if you know what I mean. It's like 5 different flames jobs on one car. When you looked at it at different angles different layers would show up with different flames. It was really cool. That's kind of what I want. Flames you can barely see.

Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241