MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-22-2002, 06:23 PM   #1
KG88GT
Registered Member

Angry Some guy leaning on my car

I have to vent. I came out of the grocery store this morning and some guy is leaning on my car talking to his buddy. My car is not a show car but it is MY Mustang, and some guy I do not know is leaning on my car. I am with my 3 year old little boy so I have to be cool, so I when I get to my car I calmly ask him if my fender is comfortable. This guy gets really embarased (sp?) and takes off. Its been a couple of hours and I am still pissed but I at least emarased the guy and got him off my car. Like I siad I had to vent. Has this happened to any of you guys and what did you do?
KG88GT
KG88GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 06:40 PM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

no it's never happened to me but i would have been p.o.ed too, you were nicer than i would have been

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 08:52 PM   #3
Sknight579
Registered Member

Unhappy na

never happened to me, But I don't think I would be to P.Oed if someone did that, its this stupid kid at school that I don't like, He REAR-ENDED my '65 Stang, almost killed him.
Sknight579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 09:39 PM   #4
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Speaking of leaning on cars:

Check this out:

http://www.funny-city.com/cgi-bin/my...gi?fiat,1,view
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 10:24 PM   #5
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

If me and my friends are hanging out, I don't really mind someone leaning on my car. But I can't stang the idiot who, flop their big butts up on my hood and sit(it's never happened in my car, but it has in my brothers GT).

Now if it was someone I didn't know. That's a WHOLE nother story. I don't lean on your car, so don't lean on mine.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 12:45 AM   #6
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Angry Hate it when that happens!!!

Yah, thats really aggravating....you handled it well I think in front of your son!!! You got your point across and i bet he'll think about it the next time he thinks about doing it.
Whats even worse is at SHOWS I have seen people not only lean on them for pictures, but run thier greasy hands(especially KIDS all over the cars!!!) and even try to CLIMB INSIDE. (I'M NOT KIDDING!!!) On more than one occasion, either myself or others had to tell people not to touch the cars, or not get in them!!!!...
One time a person put thier hand over the "please dont touch" magnet, to lean on the car and get a picture. Yeah, its flattering, BUT its a bit disrespectful of someone elses property...
You'd be SURPRISED how many 'non car' people dont know any better!!!!!!! But, thats still no excuse for ignorance. It doesn't matter if its a show car or not. Its yours and your proud of it, and its not there for people to 'lounge' on!!!!!
I agree w/ Tireburner....friends are different. We know whats acceptable or not, and are careful w/ our friends rides.

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 12:47 AM   #7
Ponygirl67
Registered Member

I would be seriously PO'd. I know just how you feel, but as long as he didn't scratch your car that's the main thing. Before I had a nice car I never realized how ignorant some people can be...

Mare of the Month-April 2002
Ponygirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 02:04 AM   #8
1965GTO
Registered Member

I went to the March meet in bakersfield once upon a time. After watching the drag races we went out to the parking lot and some drunk guy was taking a leak on the side of my car! There were four of us and two of them end of story.
1965GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 02:04 AM   #9
69fastback
IRAQ VET

wow that is carzy that people actually try and get into cars at shows. I really don't put anything past people though. I would want someone leaning on my mustang i would be very mad. I did find my truck with the side mirror messed up and a ding in the door on sunday needless to say i was a little mad.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 11:32 AM   #10
Stang Runner
Registered Member

ok 2 years ago My car Got in a fender bender well a bit more... I let my dad Dive it with my brother I was going to the same place I was about 5min behind him big traffic jam I look to see and it was my car I Ran Up to the fron of it. I started to Look under the car the EX was messed up and Was trying to figure it out What I would have to do The Police were they all ready and Asked me what I was doing and if I was involed I LOOK at the Guy and said it is my car AND I AM INVOLED IN THE CAR he looked and me a let me be. Well I keep looking And well I Pulled a 5.0 mag out and started to look of new EX for the car. When Some comes up to me and says HOW CAN YOU worry ABOUT the car THE GUY IS HURT VERY BADLY. WELL I was tick off Now ( the Guy rear end the car and I what can I do fro the GUY (it was a BIKE) and the medics were there and a Doctor too. I go the DUMB guy HIT MY CAR AND GOT WHAT IS COMING TO HIM. My Just looked at me and said MAn I glad it was not my fult.. I shouldn't have said that But I was MAD.... So I know How you feel.
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 11:38 AM   #11
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

I know how you feel KG88GT. Me and a bunch of my friends were at the Track and I was messing with my timing a little bit. Some guy and two of his friends came over and started talkin to me about my car. No Problem. Well I wasn't really paying attention to the other two. When I looked up one of the guys was tryin to sit in my car!!! I asked him if he liked the car enough to sit in it?? I think my silent actions pretty much told him to get out of my car. He spent like ten minutes apologizing. heh
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 12:37 PM   #12
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Yeah that's rude, it's not your car so don't lean on it. On the Ninja, I have found many people sitting on it, talk about irritating, they're playing with the mirrors, brakes, gears, and all the buttons. Some people are just jerks.
Old 01-23-2002, 04:37 PM   #13
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Angry Lean and mean

KG88GT:

I share your annoyance with thoughtless people that lean on your car as if it was theirs.

Almost all of my friends are 'car guys' so no one would even think about leaning on someone else's car, much less sit in it uninvited.
Unwritten rules and all that.

I'm not sure if the types that lean on other people's cars are simply thoughtless or just acting macho; probably depends on the situation but I believe a lot of the 'thoughtlessness' stems from a lack of respect for others to begin with and also a lack of understanding about how owners of nice cars feel about them.

In any case, I like how you handled it. Plainly annoyed but not hostile or looking to make it out to be more than it was. No harm done; good example for your son, too.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 05:29 PM   #14
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Speaking of leaning on cars:

Check this out:

http://www.funny-city.com/cgi-bin/my...gi?fiat,1,view
That was great! Thanks!

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 04:15 PM   #15
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

I know how you feel I get real mad when peolple do that. A few days ago I was driving my parents car and went up to the Wal-mart. As i was comming out som B**** had her soda on top of the car! I didnt get to yell at her cuz I didnt see her actually do it, my BF told me after we got into the car, so I took out my handy dandy sticky notes and left her a messege that said "My Car Is Not A Cup Holder" I hope she seen It that act was disrespectful.

Also some retard let a shopping cart run right smack into the front of my mustang and proceeded to drive off!!! My bf was driving it and he told me and it even made me mad even though I wasnt there.

The nerve of some people!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2002, 04:39 AM   #16
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

lol, that reminds me, i was at the store one day, and came out to see a lady letting her kid push their shopping cart into the front end of my car, just resting there, so it wouldnt roll anywhere i guess, but i said "mam is my car in your way" in a smart remark way, she said "its not even touching it" but it was, right before i started getting irrate, i noticed her very large hispanic b/f or husband walking toward's them, instead i got in my car and left staring them down with a mad look hehe.

I was in a bar one night with another stanger friend, we walked out in front to see a guy on his cell phone leaning on my car? my friend (being a stang owner himself) read my face expression and said, "I guess your car is a stepping stone" kinda loud, and the guy walked off.

Just like in that movie hollywood knights,lol "Watch the car man!!"
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote