MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2002, 08:13 PM   #1
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Default Some parents are unbelievable.

First off, I'm not bashing parents in any way. That would be stupid of me. So don't get the idea I'm doing that.

There is a kid that goes to my school that is a freshman, and he just turned 16. Last December (he was 15, didn't have a license), he took his dad's '99 Jeep Grand Cherokee out for a joy ride while his parents were out of town. He ended up rolling it a couple times on a highway just out of town. ANYWAYS...

His dad just bought an old Challenger for him that is AWESOME. It's bright orange, Weld Drag Stars (big 'n' littles), 340 with a slapstick automatic tranny, runs high 12s naturally aspirated. The only thing wrong with it is the headliner is ripped, but the previous owner gave him one with the car, just needed to be installed. His dad payed for the whole thing, $8000.

This kid's family has quite a bit of money, but kind of has a bad rep around town.

Why would a parent do this? It's just asking for trouble. First of all, the kid doens't even deserve it in the first place. He stole his dad's car and rolled it when he wasn't even legally able to drive. He didn't pay a penny for the car, and he has no driving experience.

Yes, my parents did pay for SOME of the costs on my car, but not even close to all of them. And I did almost all the work on it, besides the stuff I needed help from my dad with. And second of all, my car didn't (and doesn't) run anywhere near a 12 second quarter mile. When I rolled it (a year after driving it), it ran maybe a mid 14. And I never did anything for them to not trust me before I got my license, either. I was very, very attached to that car because I did so much work on it, and my parents knew that, and that helped them trust me.

Do you think it was a good idea for this kid's parents to buy him a car like that? I would love to race the kid, even though his car would blow mine away, but I don't trust his driving and I'm not going to be involved in anything illegal with him that could get me in trouble OR destroy both of the cars.

Just a vent, thanks for your time.
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote