MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Somebody PLEASE Enlighten Me !! (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=31542)

The Sandman 11-23-2002 09:16 PM

Somebody PLEASE Enlighten Me !!

One of my buddies in my dorm and I were talking, and then he tells me that Congress and Bush might be bringing back the draft. My first thought was well it won't affect me anyways I'm in college, but he told me that they will be able to pull people out of college too. My next thought was Oh *****! :eek:
He didn't really tell me too much more, so I am sitting here wondering what the hell might happen in the next few months. Someone please tell me what's going on with this issue!

:(

srv1 11-23-2002 09:33 PM

where did he get his information from?

srv1 11-23-2002 09:43 PM

go here:draft

Crazy Horse GT 11-23-2002 10:00 PM

i did my 12 years, if you were an old bas---- like me you wouldnt have to worry, just j/k, i dont think the draft is on, it dont matter to me anyway. lol, next. ;) :D :D :D :D

MEDIK418 11-24-2002 12:51 AM

You bet they pull people out of college for the draft. Anything less than an "A" average and you're bullet bait.

Mr 5 0 11-25-2002 04:29 PM

Re: Somebody PLEASE Enlighten Me !!

Originally posted by The Sandman

Quote:

One of my buddies in my dorm and I were talking, and then he tells me that Congress and Bush might be bringing back the draft. My first thought was well it won't affect me anyways I'm in college, but he told me that they will be able to pull people out of college too. My next thought was Oh *****!
He didn't really tell me too much more, so I am sitting here wondering what the hell might happen in the next few months. Someone please tell me what's going on with this issue!
You can rest easy, you won't be asked to fight for your country any time soon. Obviously, there is no draft and none is imminent. With the technology we now have massive armies are not really necessary unless we were perhaps fighting China or on more than two fronts, which we are not. For a draft law to be passed, there would have to be a very obvious and pressing need for military action. Even then, it would be controversial and short of a nuclear attack on the U.S., I can't see the draft coming back.

Viet Nam was a disaster in part because most of the county didn't believe in what we were doing and so, many draft-age young men rebelled at being sent to die for a cause they didn't believe in or even understand. We learned. Now, no president would dare ask for a draft law to be enacted unless there was a very real threat to the U.S. Iraq doesn't make that cut. These 'reports' of a draft are just rumor and scare tactics. Ignore them and enjoy your college years, you won't have to serve in the military unless you want to.

Kamaro Killer 11-25-2002 04:40 PM

That's a very soothing thing to hear

I'm 22, so if the draft was reinstated, I'd probably be one of the first to go, so especially coming from Jim, that's a relief to hear. Take care, Keith

MissBlondie 11-25-2002 05:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ahh one of the joys of being a woman, one thing we don't have to worry about!

joe4speed 11-25-2002 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MissBlondie
Ahh one of the joys of being a woman, one thing we don't have to worry about!
yeah but you have to shave stuff... LOL !!!

tireburner163 11-25-2002 05:57 PM

Hello Ms Nobody, I'm Mr. Anybody:)

MissBlondie 11-25-2002 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tireburner163
Hello Ms Nobody, I'm Mr. Anybody:)
I have a name you know... That's the name of a band...
http://www.ricehatersclub.com/forum/...lies/dance.gif

tireburner163 11-25-2002 06:08 PM

Quote:

I have a name you know... That's the name of a band...
http://www.ricehatersclub.com/forum/...lies/dance.gif

As do most people......I just don't know yours:)

MissBlondie 11-25-2002 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tireburner163
As do most people......I just don't know yours:)
Well maybe if you'd been paying attention you'd know! :D

JILL

srv1 11-25-2002 06:17 PM

Quote:

JILL

Hi, my name is JACK .........

srv1 11-25-2002 06:17 PM

i want to show you this hill.:eek: :p

Grabber1 11-26-2002 12:27 AM

Quote:

JILL

She's a fiesty lass! I like her already.:D

Crazy Horse GT 11-26-2002 12:33 AM

good to see you post again mr 5.0, we have missed you. ;) :D :D :D :cool:

Tony Frank 11-26-2002 01:02 AM

funny how this post started and now where it is......everyone trying to meet jill.....

(pushing my way throught the crowd, throwing elbows)

hello Jill, my name is Tony!!!

:D :D

The Sandman 11-26-2002 01:12 AM

Hey Jill.... I told you to put some pants on :D

Eric4Nitrous 11-26-2002 07:47 AM

She's wearing pants?? Ohh guess i didn't notice that part :)