MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-09-2003, 04:22 PM   #1
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

Default Someone help me set my car on fire!

It's not what you think, just read on...

I recently bought an RC car during the Christmas holidays. Is not the toy kind you get from Radio Shack or Wal Mart... it's one for us big kids . The kind that ppl have clubs and race these things. You can change out shocks, motors, tires, rims, bodies, etc....

Well, I natuarly bought a Saleen body for my RC car. I'm going to air brush it. I would like to paint flames on the front, but I don't have any pics to go off of. It's the new 99+ Saleen body style.

Does anybody have ideas about what color I should paint the body and what color I should paint the flames? I watched an episode of "Monster Garage" where they took an F-150 and made it into a pecan tree shaker. They painted it a gergeous blue with woodgrain flames on it. I would like to do something like that, but I doubt my artistic abilities... Any suggestions would help!
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 04:27 PM   #2
jj_jonathon
Trisket

i dont remember that official color saleen uses....that irredescent one...its purply blue, etc....if you can actually get touchup paint for that, that would look sweet...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 04:31 PM   #3
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

Yeah, the mystic paint is awesome!!!

It's like 500 bucks a qt and you have to have the VIN and proof of it before Ford will order it. That's what a guy told me that had a Cobra with that paint job. Also, the body is made out of Lexan and it requires a special paint that is flexiable and won't melt the thin plastic.
Old 01-09-2003, 04:37 PM   #4
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by cyberstang5.0

It's like 500 bucks a qt and you have to have the VIN and proof of it before Ford will order it. That's what a guy told me that had a Cobra with that paint job. Also, the body is made out of Lexan and it requires a special paint that is flexiable and won't melt the thin plastic.
sheeeeee-it....no wonder its an expensive option when you buy the car...there has to be some type of metallic-like paint avail. for RC cars...i havent seen those "little" gas powered guys since middle school...lol...very cool little guys, but i have no sources for anything...just make sur eyou get the saleen badging on it...and all the decals...whether or not you put em on with a paintbrush or you can actually buy a decal set is beyond me...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Old 01-09-2003, 05:17 PM   #5
bigbandjohn
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cyberstang5.0

I know BASF makes the pigments for that paint, and they use similar paints on surfboards, Saturn's (the Black-Gold car is similar in concept) and stuff. It may take some time, but you can probably find something that would work. It may not be called "Mystic", though.

Good luck.
bigbandjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 06:44 PM   #6
NotchJohnson
Registered Member

Cyberstang, sorry I cant help with the paint, we usualy wreck our cars too much to worry about it looking good. What kind do you have? Weve got a rc10gt, a traxxas nitro 4-tec, a duratrax maximus st and a duritrax maximum mt, and an hpi rs4 that is wrecked beyond belief.
Old 01-09-2003, 07:22 PM   #7
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

I'd say black with chrome flames. Just to be different and venture away from the typical orange or red flames.

Caymon
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 07:26 PM   #8
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by NotchJohnson
Cyberstang, sorry I cant help with the paint, we usualy wreck our cars too much to worry about it looking good. What kind do you have? Weve got a rc10gt, a traxxas nitro 4-tec, a duratrax maximus st and a duritrax maximum mt, and an hpi rs4 that is wrecked beyond belief.
I have a Traxxas 4 Tec 4 wheel drive electric car. Out of the box, it claims to run 26+mph. I drove it down my street, and my jaw dropped on how fast it took off. I just wish my stang launched that fast Here's a picture of the body. I'm only going to use some of the decales that came with the kit, so it actually looks like a Saleen.

Old 01-09-2003, 08:07 PM   #9
jj_jonathon
Trisket

looks like a steeda wing to me..still very damn sweet!

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics

Old 01-09-2003, 08:53 PM   #10
NotchJohnson
Registered Member

Look for a nitro off ebay. I got mine off there for 200 brand new with radio and all. They claim to go 50mph out of the box, I dont know about that though. I could not run it on my road as there was not enough room, but it took me about 100 bucks in replacement parts until I finally went to a larger area to run it. I havent used it in a while though as the last time i wrecked it was pretty severe. Me and my dad got into the off road cars and stadium trucks, and although they arent quite as fast, I think they are more fun. Hitting home-made dirt ramps and seeing the car tumble half a dozen revolutions before finally landing right-side-up and taking back off is pretty cool.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:39 PM   #11
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Im gonna get a T-Maxx pretty soon
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 10:08 PM   #12
NotchJohnson
Registered Member

The t-maxx is a monster! Theres a dude with one down here, the tires are like 6 inches tall. Totally sweet - and expensive, ive thought about selling all my stuff and buying one.
Old 01-09-2003, 11:38 PM   #13
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs up

That is an AWESOME looking car cyberstang. I've just recently known about these cars and they look like a LOT of fun... I just don't see myself haveing the time to dedicate to it, especially when I gotta use whatever free time to spend with my real car... Yeah, and I've heard about those ones running 60mph and being able to do mods to the motor... that is pretty sweet...
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 11:41 PM   #14
93calcobra
Registered Member

you guys are going to get me back into r/c .btw i have a rc 1/5th scale bachman motorcycle for sale not a radio shack or toys r us kind either ,if anyone is interested .the only thing i have left over i sold all my stuff on ebay
2003 lincoln ls
93calcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 01:53 AM   #15
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Cool SUGGESTION FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

JEFF...
Im not gonna make any suggestions now for your paint, cuz i need to shower and go to bed, I have an early day tomorrow! and I dont feel like thinkin' right now...my brain is still NUMB anyways!!!

BUT~~~~~~~~~~ the ONE suggestion I will make at this point is PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, WHEN YOU ARE READY TO PAINT, let me hook you up for the man to do it!!!!!!!!! Okay? PROMISE?

YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!! And he is NOT out of this world when it comes to $$$....You can ask ANY of my runnin' buds hes done work for, including myself. He did the air brush on my sideskirts...

COOL Idea.....I'll check out the post better this weekend!

Please think about it!

Christine

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 08:18 AM   #16
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

Default Re: SUGGESTION FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Topless In Texas
JEFF...
Im not gonna make any suggestions now for your paint, cuz i need to shower and go to bed, I have an early day tomorrow! and I dont feel like thinkin' right now...my brain is still NUMB anyways!!!

BUT~~~~~~~~~~ the ONE suggestion I will make at this point is PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, WHEN YOU ARE READY TO PAINT, let me hook you up for the man to do it!!!!!!!!! Okay? PROMISE?

YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!! And he is NOT out of this world when it comes to $$$....You can ask ANY of my runnin' buds hes done work for, including myself. He did the air brush on my sideskirts...

COOL Idea.....I'll check out the post better this weekend!

Please think about it!

Christine

Wow, I didn't even thing about that. I have seen your side skirts up close and they are AMAZING!!!!! Once I figure out how I want it done, I'll let you know so you can give me a price. Will he have the paint, or do I need to provide it? It HAS to be Lexan compatiable or it won't work!