MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-24-2002, 03:57 PM   #1
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Exclamation Something to think about during this time of year....

As some may know I'm not a religious person, although it doesn't stop me from believing in miracles. It really made me think of life is so many ways that I have forgotten to look at it. Christmas is one of the most depressing times for people. Although it is very cheerful and loving, it does have the highest suicide rate. I know a lot of people have had some issues on the board in the last few weeks that I've read. So I hope they get something out of reading this like I did. I am currently going threw some issues with my ex-gf after pretty much 18 months of being with her. She has dropped me like that, from 1 night spending one of the best evening with her to 1 week later where she has left me and is kissing some other guy she really likes, and I get the only reason of her wanting something new. She has pretty much stopped talking to me, I am an unconvient to her if I try to talk to her. + I have some legal issues I'm in right now, school to deal with and everything else. I get threw the days, looking ahead and knowing it has to get better, and one day I will look back and say thanks to the people that put me threw the hell to make me learn so many lessons and I will just wave good-bye and tell them I hope they enjoy there lives now. I will stand beside the great friends I had that were always there for me threw those times. One person I would like to thank is Jenn (Janeofalltrades), sorry for bringing you up but you are always there for me to talk too. If anyone doesn't know her that well, she is an amazing person and always knows what to say. I know I thank you all the time, but everyone really must know how amazing you are. And if anyone bad mouths her, they'll have to deal with me. lol

With all that said, I wish everyone a happy holidays, and a Merry Christmas. Read this following email as it explains a lot in progressing in life. I am not sure if the first story is really true, I guess it's up to you to believe. I like the little sayings at the end.

Enjoy... §am.

Caller ID

Isn't it amazing how God works in our lives! On a Saturday night
several weeks ago, this pastor was working late, and decided to call his wife before he left for home. It was about 10:00 PM, but his wife didn't answer the phone. The pastor let it ring many times.

He thought it was odd that she didn't answer, but decided to wrap up a few things and try again in a few minutes. When he tried again she answered right away. He asked her why she hadn't answered before, and she said that it hadn't rung at their house. They brushed it off as a fluke and went on their merry ways.

The following Monday, the pastor received a call at the church
office, which was the phone that he'd used that Saturday night.

The man that he spoke with wanted to know why he'd called on Saturday night. The pastor couldn't figure out what the man was talking about. Then the man said, "It rang and rang, but I didn't answer." The pastor remembered the mishap and apologized for disturbing him, explaining that he'd intended to call his wife.

The man said, "That's OK. Let me tell you my story. You see, I
was planning to commit suicide on Saturday night, but before I did, I prayed, 'God if you're there, and you don't want me to do this, give me a sign now.'

At that point my phone started to ring. I looked at the caller ID, and it said, 'Almighty God'. I was afraid to answer!"

The reason why it showed on the man's caller ID that the call came from "Almighty God" is because the church that the pastor attends is called Almighty God Tabernacle!!

If you believe that God answers prayers then pass this on. God bless!

READ EACH SENTENCE SLOWLY AND THINK ABOUT IT.

Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

Don't cry over anyone who won't cry over you.

Good friends are hard to find, harder to leave, and impossible to forget.

You can only go as far as you push.

Actions speak louder than words.

The hardest thing to do is watch the one you love, love somebody else.

Don't let the past hold you back, you're missing the good stuff.

Life's short. If you don't look around once in a while you might
miss it.

A BEST FRIEND is like a four leaf clover, HARD TO FIND and LUCKY TO HAVE.

Some people make the world SPECIAL just by being in it.

BEST FRIENDS are the siblings God forgot to give us.

When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your BEST FRIEND will be there.

TRUE FRIENDSHIP "NEVER" ENDS. Friends are FOREVER.

Good friends are like stars....You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.

Don't frown. You never know who is falling in love with your smile.

What do you do when the only person who can make you stop crying is the person who made you cry?

Nobody is perfect until you fall in love with them.

Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the
end.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but only friends leave
footprints in your heart.

Send this one to everyone special in your life, even the people who really make you mad sometimes and to the people whose lives you want to be in!!!

And send it back to the person who sent it to you if they mean
something to you!!

Remember, every minute spent angry is sixty seconds of happiness wasted.

AWESOME PRAYER:

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 04:09 PM   #2
PKRWUD

Default Re: Something to think about during this time of year....

Quote:
Originally posted by 1969Mach1
One person I would like to thank is Jenn (Janeofalltrades), sorry for bringing you up but you are always there for me to talk too. If anyone doesn't know her that well, she is an amazing person and always knows what to say. I know I thank you all the time, but everyone really must know how amazing you are. And if anyone bad mouths her, they'll have to deal with me.
Yeah, you could say I know her.

She's good people.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 04:22 PM   #3
MustangKelly96
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Very well spoken Sam.
Wish you and yours a Merry Christmas.

Kelly
MustangKelly96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 06:46 PM   #4
69fastback
IRAQ VET

That was a really nice email to read. I believe
God does work like that at times. That must have really freaked that guy out.

Merry Christmas everyone

Sam dont' worry about that girl you are young and will have many more girls to come.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 12:05 AM   #5
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs up

1969Mach1, thanks for your post, man, it was encouraging and somewhat thought-provoking. You have a great holiday season...
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 04:45 PM   #6
1969Mach1

Thanks everyone, hope your all enjoying the holidays. I think alot of people are on holidays. This board seems to be moving rather slowely lately. As for yes I am young (18) and there was alot of woman (what like 3 billion or something? ) But unless your going to send me a few, I don't want to hear that. lol If you want to cheer me up, say don't worry my woman is screwed up too, atleast it won't make me feel alone. Just kidding ladies, I love woman of all kind, just wish they knew what they wanted. lol

§am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 12-26-2002, 11:04 PM   #7
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

I think most of us on the board have been through a tough breakup before. Time really does help heal wounds, although it is hard to see at times.

Thanks for the post.....I enjoyed it. I especially like the one about not crying over someone who won't cry over you. Makes me think of my ex and how much I wanted her back at one time, but now I realize I am better without her.

1990 LX
GT-40 motor 262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs (sold but forever loved)

1998 Contour SVT

Rice Haters Club Member #244
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 11:23 PM   #8
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

good post sam, you are young, but you are pretty wise, i wish i was just facing a break up, but it's not one of my or her's choice, if i may qoute you- love start's with a smile, grow's with a kiss & end's with a tear. you have plenty of time to find who you should be with, i thank god i did, i hope so for you bud . take care.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 11:34 PM   #9
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

That was a very nice post man. I have had my share of girl problems over the years (more like lack of girls lol) But i know i am still young and everything, 18 as well.

sometimes I wish i wasnt as shy as i was pretty much all through high school. Its funny being here in ohio and seeing my 9th grade cousin already has had more gf's then me lol. But i dont care high school girls are stupid anyways

Later.
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 01:50 AM   #10
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs up SORRY I MISSED THIS THREAD!!!

Hi Sam...
Sorry I missed this thread....Ive been off and on and have not got around to reading everything......

This time of year makes you think of things like that....I'm sorry about your ex.....but....YOU will be a great catch one day!!!! There is someone out there for you....just be yourself....HOW can any girl resist????

AND...thanks for posting the thoughts to ponder.....that is one of my VERY favorite emails.....Ive got it dozens of times, and always forward it....they are just too, too true!!!!! I live that day to day!!!!

I hope you have a WONDERFUL Holiday and that the New Year is good to you!!!! You deserve it.....

Thanks again for the thread....
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 02:42 AM   #11
Coupe50h
Registered Member

man, too bad i missed this too, i really enjoyed that post, im having difficult times understanding what my girl, or any girl wants, recently the girl i say i love, called my car a pos.

That really hurt, i mean even if it was, it would still hurt, i am always working on it, but she doesnt understand that it is my hobby, and i try to upgrade things, and know whats going on with it before something expensive fails, i cant make her understand that, and i dont know why i take this treatment, well we will make it, hopefully i will meet a girl that encourages me, instead of putting me down, or my car.

have a happy new year
X-Texas highway patrol ssp 1990 coupe - exploder Gt-40 iron heads, Explorer intake, 19 lber's. E-cam. crane 1.7 rollers. 190fp. 75mm maf. 65mm tb, tubular subframe connectors, mac cai, Asp crank pulley, T-5, king cobra clutch, flowtech 1-5/8 unequals, mac X-pipe Frpp driveshaft, lakewood Lca's.
race weight 3,160

12.69 @ 107.35, 1.71 60' 26x8.5 drag's 3.90 gear

13.20 @ 106.91 - 235/60/15 firestones 2.3 60' 3.27 gear
Coupe50h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 11:03 AM   #12
1969Mach1

Glad most guys agree on the girl issues... lol I don't understand them at all... I'm just going to leave her alone for awhile and I know she will miss me and come back. Although she likes this new guy alot she tells me. I still talk to her parents and her dad hates this new guy and told me he likes me alot so I shouldn't have nothing to worry about. It's all good though, time will heal everything.

§am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 12-27-2002, 12:43 PM   #13
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Quote:
recently the girl i say i love, called my car a pos.

That really hurt, i mean even if it was, it would still hurt, i am always working on it, but she doesnt understand that it is my hobby, and i try to upgrade things, and know whats going on with it before something expensive fails, i cant make her understand that, and i dont know why i take this treatment, well we will make it, hopefully i will meet a girl that encourages me, instead of putting me down, or my car.
I know exactly what you mean. Mine keeps telling me to sell the car, but she just doesn't understand. She gets mad when I spend time on this site instead of sitting in the living room watching some stupid tv show I care nothing about. She doesn't understand how I can call you people that I've never met, friends. Oh well, she can just get over it. I'm not selling the car and I'm not leaving here. These are things that she is just going to have to deal with herself, because I don't see it as a problem, but more as a solution.

Caymon
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 03:30 PM   #14
MissBlondie
Registered Member

Unhappy

Well I hope this thread cheers you up a lil to know people are thinking about you. I've been away most of this past week dealing with issues like this as well. My grandma went into the hospital on x-mas eve, so I spent x-mas there this year. I've had quite a tough year as well. My father passed away earlier this year. For over 20 years I had always spent X-mas eve with him. Was very odd this year. I went back home to spend it with my mom, but really just wanted to be left alone. I sat on my bad and staired out the window for hours that night wondering why god choses to make us morn and wondering why me. I don't want to get into a big religious speel, but I figure he has his reasons, and maybe someday I'll understand. It's all in his plan for me. I've lost people close to me before, but I never truely understood what missing someone was like until now. Everyone tells me that over the years it will get easier, we'll see. Just makes you realize how special the people are that are actually still in your life, and to not take them for granted. I have that poem "Footprints in the Sand" hanging in my bathroom, so each morning it reminds me that I am never alone. Well hope everyone had a happy holiday and 1969 Mach there's always a light at the end of that tunnel!

~Jill
Old 12-27-2002, 05:35 PM   #15
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by MissBlondie
Well I hope this thread cheers you up a lil to know people are thinking about you. I've been away most of this past week dealing with issues like this as well. My grandma went into the hospital on x-mas eve, so I spent x-mas there this year. I've had quite a tough year as well. My father passed away earlier this year. For over 20 years I had always spent X-mas eve with him. Was very odd this year. I went back home to spend it with my mom, but really just wanted to be left alone. I sat on my bad and staired out the window for hours that night wondering why god choses to make us morn and wondering why me. I don't want to get into a big religious speel, but I figure he has his reasons, and maybe someday I'll understand. It's all in his plan for me. I've lost people close to me before, but I never truely understood what missing someone was like until now. Everyone tells me that over the years it will get easier, we'll see. Just makes you realize how special the people are that are actually still in your life, and to not take them for granted. I have that poem "Footprints in the Sand" hanging in my bathroom, so each morning it reminds me that I am never alone. Well hope everyone had a happy holiday and 1969 Mach there's always a light at the end of that tunnel!

~Jill

I am so sorry, Jill, to hear that! That had to be extremely tough. It sounds like you are a wiser person for it, and at least came away with something. But still, that must have been tough, and I'm really sorry you had to go through it.

I sincerely wish you a better 2003.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote