MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-19-2002, 04:20 PM   #1
acutepita
Registered Member

Question SOS--'the Classic Red'?--Pandora’s Box

Greetings Mustang Connoisseurs –

I'm pleading my plight here, in hopes that some of you will take pity on me (*wink*) and be kind enough to share your opinions and/or advice. Specifically, I'm wondering if there is a red that is considered "the classic mustang red"? Or, does anyone have a definite choice that'd be hands-down your ‘red’ color choice you’d be willing to recommend?

I love my car! It’s a red '94 convertible (the darker/laser/cranberry-ish red with a black top) and it’s in the shop getting ‘refurbished’ (new headlights, top, paint, etc.) & right now she’s sitting there waiting for me to make up my mind on a paint color! I was going to repaint the same color, and then I thought – “Hey, I can have painted ANY color I want! Why not that classic red-red/fire-engine red?” … Well, as it turns out there are about 5,000 reds! And I'm just not knowledgeable enough to have the proper discernment for that kinda major decision - Afterall, I’ll see it every time I get into it or park it & OTHER people will see it whenever I’m sitting in traffic next to some cutie, or arriving at a client’s or leaving a date & I’d love the quintessential “classic red convertible mustang” – And, I don’t want to make a poor choice that would cause experts like you all to wonder “How could she do that to her Mustang?!?!?” So, this morning I started my internet search, looking for connoisseurs and now here I am, with the hope that someone will be gracious enough to share an opinion and/or advice ~ I'd really appreciate any feedback.
acutepita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 04:31 PM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

wlcome first of all you may be talking about candy apple red- that's what color my 69 was or poppy red -65 type color but is more of an orange red, good luck.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 11:10 PM   #3
69fastback
IRAQ VET

can never go wrong with candy apple red that is my favorite. You can always look up what color a 64 1/2 is if that is what you want.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 11:16 PM   #4
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

hey greg what's up i gotta shut it down , be careful my brother in arms, hey we are talking about gun's foo's, l8ter dude.

R H C- member # 1
Old 04-20-2002, 01:40 AM   #5
acutepita
Registered Member

Default crazyhorseGT & 69fastback

Thank you both so much for your replies. I appreciate them very much!

It’s not considered rude or in bad taste to have a ’94 painted another year’s color, is it? If either of you could message me back about that, I’d worship you both even more!

I must confess that I feel rather disrespectful posting here, because -
1 – Anything automotive (especially lingo) is Greek to me! – (I read Dan McClain’s post about his Lightning getting banged up by the valet & had the weirdest look on my face all afternoon ... until I finally realized that it must be a type of truck, not a way to describe a "really powerful car" … right??? He has a 'Lightning' truck & a Mustang and therefore a lot of relationships here (I noticed he had a TON of sympathy & ‘kick-his-*****’ follow-up posts.) Anyway, I mainly feel guilty because I have a plain ol’ slow mustang (I’d kill myself in a faster car), plus, right before my second year of college, I tried to change my own oil (thought that it was something every self-respecting female should know how to do – and I’m sure I could if I reallllllly needed to), turns out I emptied my transmission fluid and added lots of extra oil! Oooops! Gained a whole lotta respect for gender roles at that point in my life (& was realllllllly happy to see my Dad, even though I knew he was going to be PO’d).
2 – I’ve been working so much lately that I haven’t had time to read enough of the posts on this board to learn the lingo and netiquette around here, so please accept my apologies for any & all newbie mistakes I’m making – they are not the result of disrespect, just a time-crunch.

Also, crazyhorseGT, I love your sig – “My Hero, My Wife” – how lucky are you to be married to your hero, who’s also your wife! And how incredible for her to be married to you, someone who thinks so highly of her!?!?!

Also, what’s a “gun-foo”? Is there a de-coder list around this site, or are those terms just for the cool posters?

Well, that’s it for me – have a great night & thank you for your replies!

Darcy
acutepita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 10:31 AM   #6
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

darcy you dont have to tippy toe here ask any question you want,we are all here to help each other, idomt know much about my 2000 gt ,these are new engine's to me, when i said gun's foo's, i had made the statement to greg about brother's in arm 's so i knew some one was going to get me with a smart comment , he is in the army now & i was in iraq, in the army so we are comrades. the reason i say that about my wife is she is battleing cancer now& i have to see what she goes through everyday, it's not fun ,but she's tough,any way take a look at 79 corvette red no really a monte carlo at work is painted that color it's pretty it look's like candy apple red, but when the sun hit's certain spot's it turns reddish orange, hey it's your car paint what ever color you want it to be oh yeah welcome to mustang work's ask anything you want, cya

R H C- member # 1