MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-18-2002, 12:55 PM   #1
Mustang_GT_90
Registered Member

Default Nitrous in a 5 speed car

Ok guys here's a question but I think I might allready know what everyone is going to say. I'm planning on spraying my car 100 horse with a wet nitrous kit. I know that's not that much but my car is a 5 speed. I was wondering how everyone is doing this, how they trigger the nitrous, how they shut it off to shift or even if you do, and what kind of problems I might run into with the 5 speed and a wet kit.
I sprayed my last car 75 off the line with an NOS dry kit several times and it was a 5 speed, when I ran it I just held it to the floor and powershifted the hell out of it, never had any problems. With this one I'm kind of wondering about the wet kit, being that the fuel is coming in through the upper I'm wondering for some reason if I do let off of it to shift if the soleniods kicking in and out are going to cause puddling the in the upper or maybe a nitrous backfire.
I thought about maybe just a window switch to allow it to spray within a certian RPM range and just shift right above it after the spray cuts out but I'd say that's gonna kill the ET. I'm kind of paranoid about spraying this car and relying on just speed shifting though.
Thanks for any info.
Check out our clubs website at http://www.stanggang.com
Mustang_GT_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 01:31 PM   #2
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

im spraying my 95gt 150hp on a dry kit, and i too just powershift the hell out of it, i have never had a backfire or anything powershifting it. i have heard many horror stories about wet kits, thats why i wont run one. i like the dry kit, and have never heard of anyone having any probs. with it. (as long as you have to fuel pump to supply the gas, my mistake) i would just keep on powershifting it with the wet kit, thats just what i would do, but your prob. better off not listening to me cause i have gone through 2 motors in the past 2mos. with the spray.
sn95gt19 is offline   Reply With Quote