MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-13-2001, 02:16 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Angry Cant find a Damn T5. Help !!!!!!!

I've been searching for a T5 for my old stang and cant find one.

I've called every junkyard within a 100 mile radius and cant find crap. Oh wait. I found one, and I can get it for free because me and TimC are going to rebuild a T5 for the dudes car, were getting paid, and he said he'd throw in the other T5 he has if we want it. We went out and looked at it, but a 10 speed electric blender would be better. Its trashed, there's more metal in the bottom of the case than there is on the gears, and the front were the retainer goes is chewed up bad. Not worth CRAP.

I'm having big time trouble trying to find a Top Loader too.......I want a manual for my Old stang.

Anyone out there have a T5 or a 4 spd top loader they want to get rid of? Please say someone out there has one.

Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 05:16 AM   #2
exgmguy
Registered Member

I have one that I pulled out the instant it gave a hint of grinding 3rd on hard shifts. It is not noisy either, could just use a set of blocker rings. (synchros)

But I am in Detroit.
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 04:02 PM   #3
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Hey I'm in Sw VA and have a T5 ready to sell. I don't know much about it...got it from a junkyard, seeing that it was in a car that used to belong to a friend of mine. He said it was the best shifting tranny he had ever owned, but who knows with this type of stuff. I paid $300 for it, and I'd sell it to you for the same price. You are free to make the trip up to look at it if you'd like. I haven't invested anything in it besides the pain in the rear end of dragging it down here from Maryland. Post back and let me know if you are interested!

------------------
Elisha (Mustangbelle)
1994 GT: Cartech intake,4.10s, full exhaust, and pulleys.
Sold the 1986 LX sedan
http://www.geocities.com/mustangbelle_306
AOL name: GT306Chick

Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2001, 01:19 AM   #4
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Mustangbelle 306

Geography isnt my thing, I can barely read a map. How far is it from the NC border? Does I-95 run anywhere near by?

I'd drive up on one of my weekends to take a look. It would give me something to do. Do you happen to know what year the T5 was made?

Thanks for your help.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2001, 10:49 PM   #5
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Im off of 81, near I-77, by roanoke. I can meet you somewhere in between maybe! Well I know it came out of an 86, but I'm not sure if that was its orginial application. If you tell me where to look for the stamped date, I can tell you!

Elisha

------------------
Elisha (Mustangbelle)
1994 GT: Cartech intake,4.10s, full exhaust, and pulleys.
Sold the 1986 LX sedan
http://www.geocities.com/mustangbelle_306
AOL name: GT306Chick

Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote