Thread: Stalking laws
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2002, 03:29 PM   #4
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Unhappy Tough deal

Dani:

Generally these kinds of cases draw hard jail time, as you know. Courts take stalking and harrassment of women seriously after ignoring it for decades. Now the pendulum has swung the other way and the law comes down hard on offenders.

I don't know anything about the guy or this incident but 22 is old enough to know better. The "I do what I want" tough-guy attitude can often land you in this kind of trouble because, as we more mature folks (and intelligent younger people) know all too well, you can't go through life just doing whatever you feel like to anyone, anytime.

The young man certainly should have simply let her go (he's 22...not like this is his last chance for love) but ego and other things often get in the way of clear thinking.

I'm sorry for the 'family' trouble and your involvment in it (via your boyfriend) but as my father always told me: "You make your bed...you lie in it" meaning that if I screwed up (which I did) I would have to suffer the consequences (which I did). We all have to learn, sometimes the hard way. In this case, the real hard way.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote