MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-16-2001, 07:14 PM   #1
exgmguy
Registered Member

Talking This stuff only happens in stories!!!

OK, Check this out. My Friend had a '67 Camaro with a strong 350 back a year after high school. (1993) It was a really clean car. Red, Built TH350, 12 bolt, black interior. We had a lot of fun in that car on Gratiot back then. Like an idiot, He sold it after owning it for about a year. For 3 grand.

Everyone has the car they regret selling. This is that car. I swear not a month goes by without it coming up in conversation.

So what comes to his house in the mail Friday? A letter from the Taylor police department reguarding his 1967 Camaro that is sitting in the impound yard!!!! If he does not come down an reclaim the "abandoned" car and pay the 315.00!!!! in fines, it will be auctioned off!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??? Apparently the car was never retitled, then somehow abandoned. Now he can get it back.

We pretty much figure if the police picked up an abandoned '67 Camaro it is now nothing more than a shell. So we take a drive to the impound yard to see if we can get a peek through the fence.

There sits the Camaro. Still red, AND A COMPLETE CAR!!!! All the windows are there, the rally wheels are still on it, the interior is still in it, and it is not all smashed up! The front of the car is sitting high, so obviously the motor is gone.

What we expected to be a shell is a nice rolling chassis, and better yet a major chunk of his youth that he has recovered! We are going to the lot tomorrow with a flatbed first thing to pick it up!!!

------------------
1988 Mustang GT
11.8 @ 123 (7/14/01)
11.5 @ 120 (9/14/01)
1992 BadAzz Wrangler
1993 Explorer

See my car at: www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?179

exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 09:12 PM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

That is absolutely incredible. Perhaps one of the coolest stories I have ever heard.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 09:58 PM   #3
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

lucky dog. That's amazing

------------------
THE SLO PONY
1992 Ford Mustand LX. 2.3 liter four-banger, auto. Future mods: V-8 swap. Fly it loud, Fly it proud!!!

If it ain't broke, you ain't tryin hard enough
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 12:39 AM   #4
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

What a awesome deal!

My buddy got a 69 camaro last year of highschool. 12bolt built TH350, ran mid 13's on street tires. We had tons of fun racing it. He sold it, and Ive never heard the end of it since. It comes up constantly "My camaro this" "My camaro that" He tried to buy it back from the new owner but he wanted 16,000!!!

Congrats on gettin the car back.

Sky

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
TFS TW Heads, E-303, Edelbrock intake, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF, 24lb injectors, 1 5/8 shorties, Off Road H, 3 Chamber flows, Jaz Race seats, Back seat removed, sub-frames, Roll Cage, and a 80 shot of N20.
12.54@107.4 Motor
332RWHP, 350rwtq
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 11:27 AM   #5
PKRWUD

In high school (1981 - 1984, I had a '66 Chevelle (Malibu) with a very fast 283 and an M21 4 speed, and before that I had a '69 Chevelle SS396. They were both great cars. Perfect bodies, great interiors, and sound mechanically. I managed to pretty much butcher both of them, and I loved every minute. I really thought I knew what I was doing. I would give my left nut to have either of those cars again, the way they were when I first got them. I can't believe what I let fall through my hands, but I was just a kid. The Super Sport was only 11 years old when I bought it! If I knew then what I know now, the two sweetest Chevelles in California would be in my garage.

You and your friend are truly blessed. I'm not religious, but blessed really feels like the most appropriate word. Do it right this time, and enjoy every minute of it! Remember, it doesn't have to be finished by summer this time, so don't install any parts that are anything other than perfect. Wait until you get the parts you want. Take your time. I'm jealous as hell, but very happy for you!

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 01:56 PM   #6
exgmguy
Registered Member

Thanks! We just got in from picking it up. The engine and trans are gone, along with the driveshaft. The Rally wheels have been swapped with "roll it out of the garage" Old's wheels. The body has developed a little rust but is still amazingly straight. The interior is even still all there although it's in pieces in the passenger compartment.

This car probably won't be on the road for 5 years or so. It is going to be gone through from head to toe. And there is NO WAY he is going to let it go this time. I told him if he ever even thinks of dumping it, it's going in my garage!!

------------------
1988 Mustang GT
11.8 @ 123 (7/14/01)
11.5 @ 120 (9/14/01)
1992 BadAzz Wrangler
1993 Explorer

See my car at: www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?179

exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 04:30 PM   #7
bada$$lx

Cool

Still......I think he's lucky by getting it back. 3,5,10 years......if that's his dream car and he never "meant" to sell it, it's worth getting back - gutted or not.

------------------
'90 LX 5.0;12K original miles (no sh*&);3.55 gears; March pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads;BBK 1 5/8" equal length shorties;MSD 6AL ignition w/ blaster 2 coil;FMS E303 cam;Pro-M 75mm MAF;BBK 70mm TB; Eibach drag-launch spring kit;Southside welded subs;9" K&N cone filter charger;Hurst shifter;Cervini's 3" turbo hood;A/C delete; gutted cats;2 chamber Flomasters;Corbeau racing seats;FMS 30# injectors;JMS chip; Holley 190lb fp;TFS track heat Intake (12.299 @ 113 - 1.78 60')
Old 09-18-2001, 03:41 AM   #8
mustang marty gt

exgmguy your buddy was lucky, my first car was ,a 69 chevelle ss 396 -375 hp , 4 speed muncie rock crusher , no one at my school could even get close to the rear of it, alas the 396 started knocking, made it home it locked up in my driway , i bought a 283 & put 327 camel hump head's on it, then the altenater went out , my dad talked me into trading in on a 74 ss nova , it sucked i used to drive by the car lot , and see my velle sitting on the back row, well , ifinally wrecked the nova , but when i went back to buy my chevelle back it was gone i looked for year's & never found it but oh well , i'm into stang's now anyway. but i sure would , like to have my first car back. that's life , i hated watching my 69 stang leave my driveway , 2 week's ago but my son has it now , i guess i'll just enjoy my 00 gt your freind was very dam- lucky. iv'e heard of troy how far is it from flint, most of my family is from there, i lived in battle creek for awhile, just not very long, i am a RED WING'S fan for life. see ya!

------------------

[This message has been edited by mustang marty gt (edited 09-18-2001).]