View Single Post
Old 01-06-2001, 02:27 AM   #1
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Post Subframe Story -Long and Rambling-

I went to get my subframes put in today. I was picking them up at Muscle Motors and then going to have them welded. So they ended up not having them so I was sent to Granatelli Motorsports to get them. THe guys there were really great and very helpful w/ my car. Found out my motor mounts are shot, and the horrible clunking Ive been having for a year is probably the motor mounts and shot tranny mounts too.

The guy then went on to try and sell me their whole tublar coil over front end deal. Came in around $850 for everything. And he says it will take 200lbs off the front end and I will be able to pull the front tires after that. Sounds pretty good if its true.

I'm definatly thinking about doing it.

Well anyways I get back to get the subframes on, and the muffler shop cant figure em out. We went back and forth tryin to figure them out. So they tack weld em up, I drive back to Granatelli and they say they are fine. So I go back to the muffler shop, and Granatelli calls and say I have the wrong kind. UGH!!! I go back and get others. They blame it on Muscle Motors saying that the Tubeular subframes arent for my car. So then I go back tro the muffler shop and they cut off the old subframes and weld the new ones in.
Total cost was $150 for frames and welding. I guess thats decent. They didnt weld them all the way, they welded them on the ends, is that right? I was thinkin they'd weld em all the way.

Couple other interesting notes.
The guy at Granatelli told me his 91 GT went 12.50@113mph with Edelbrock heads and a B cam. DAMN Whats wrong with my car!?! Jack at Muscle Motors says his 89 GT went 13.0@105mph with E cam, cobra intake, pulleys and full exhaust with 3.27 gear on stock heads! Thats faster than my car.
WTF's wrong with me?

Also I had my pipes cut and I had turn downs put on. Its definatly a LOT louder inside. But its not my daily driver anymore so thats ok, and I like the low rumble at idle.

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
TFS Heads, Edelbrock intake, E-303, 3.73's, 1 5/8 shorty headers, Offroad-Hpipe, 2chamber flows, 36psi FPR, playing with timing still, 70mm tb, 73mm maf, 24lb injectors, K/N, March Crank pulley, MSD6a, 9mm wires and FMS Aluminum driveshaft.
Best ET 13.2@106mph Needs tuning...
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote