Thread: swap motors?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2002, 03:24 AM   #1
WADS56
gear banger

Default swap motors?

Some of you may know that I'll be getting married soon so I can't spend money on my car like I use to. I have been thinking of taking the motor out of my 79 and stick it in my 93 for a while now. I never get to drive my 79 much because it is not streetable, but the motor is not that bad. The only thing that I am concerned about is the solid roller cam. It has 6.66 lift and over 250 duration @.50 It has awesome power between 3500rpm to 6500rpm but I am concerned about the valvetrain lifespan with that cam. Or are all solid cams the same when it comes to lifespan?

It would make the ultimate sleeper. 93lx with faded red paint, pony rims, chrome exaust tips on the stock tail pipes (like that when I bought it and I can't get them off). All I have to buy would be motormounts, and a short X-pipe to match the longtubes, ultra flow muffs. and frame conecters.

I think it would look like a stock stang with a exhaust system that people would try to pick on
Ricer hater's club member #49
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote