MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-09-2002, 05:39 PM   #1
7up
Registered Member

Default photo Emmisions Vans

Lately in the great town of Greeley Colorado I have been seeing strange things. There are vans parked along the road with cones all around them. There are also cones on both sides of the lane directly beside the van. It creates a very small lane you must drive pretty slow through. Attached to the van is a tube that runs right beside the lane and has some sort of sensor about a foot off the ground. There is also a camera pointed directly at your rear license plate as you drive by.

I assume this is some sort of device for testing emmisions. If you have to high a reading they take a picture of your car and then send you a ticket or something.

If anyone has any other ideas of what this might be, please let me know. Colorado already sucks enough with photo radar, now we have photo emmisions?
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 10:16 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Yep,
Most likely it's an emissions device....

The city of Dallas is still debating getting a few of those.

While my car is just fine as far as emissions go, I'm against the use of many of these "automatic" traffic instruments....

Although their use is increasing, they are not foolproof...

This device and other "unmanned" devices such as auto radar guns and intersection monitors are nothing more than an attempt to get even MORE money from us at less cost...

I've seen the horror stories from other cities...
Go to the mailbox after work and pick up that 25 dollar fine for going through that tollway booth when the little change machine didn't sort your dime right....
What are you going to do?
Take off in the middle of the work day (possibly many times) to go downtown and wait to see a judge to dispute it, and then pay 30-50 dollars in court costs whether you win or lose?

Yea right.... You'll pay the 25 dollars and go on with life. And that is of course just fine with the city...

A load of poop if you ask me.... (Can you tell you struck a nerve?)
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 10:22 PM   #3
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

A load of poop if you ask me.... (Can you tell you struck a nerve?)
Damn, I never even thought about it 'till now... now I'm mad too!!!
Old 04-09-2002, 10:36 PM   #4
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs down WE have them!

yah, we've spotted them in various parts of Houston...they suck too! Thank God, I have not gotten weasled into going thru one yet! Hopefully that is something we can all avoid!!!!!!!
Waste of time. THey need to work at eliminating the pollution from all the CHEMICAL plants around here first(DeerPark, Laporte, Port of Houston, Texas City)...they are a little bigger! TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 11:23 PM   #5
7up
Registered Member

I'm not sure if this is to or not, but I heard that city busses that are supposed help out the environment by having less people drive actually produce as much or more pollution than if everyone on the bus drove. I can't remember where I heard this, but I believe it considering the amount of exhaust and smoke busses around here put out.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote