MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-17-2001, 06:18 PM   #1
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Red face Talk about a close one!!!

Well, I told you guys about the litle metal thing that flew off of the Mexican Truck and hit me the other day... well this coulda been A LOT worse.

I was driving on a 4 lane road. The light turned red so it was time to pick a lane. Left lane: Saturn. Right Lane Chevy Truck with lumber in the back. Naturally I pick the left lane. Well, the lanes merge right after the red light (stupid design) so I'm all up on this Saturn to avoid being behind this truck. Well, right when my passenger side mirror was next to his truck bed... He lost the ENTIRE load of lumber. It was A LOT too!!! Just imagine if I WAS behind that truck! Beauty would be dead! So that's my close call. Luckily it was just a close call.

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl
Red 68 GT Fastback and Black 99 GT Coupe
"Not your average Mustangs..."
PonyGirl

RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 06:40 PM   #2
lx mike
Undescribable

Whew!!! That most definatly would have been alot worse. I always make it a habit not to get behind any large vehicles when stopped or driving, never know what could fall and also hard to see around and i like to look a few cars ahead.

------------------
93-LX: 5 Speed, Flow's with H-Pipe, 3.73's Sub's and K&N.
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 08:54 PM   #3
Unit 5302
Registered Member

What an idiot. Has the guy ever heard of tieing stuff down??

I saw a dick in a Chevy truck try to beat a rig in the Menards Lumberyard while at work a few years ago. The jerk couldn't stand to wait the extra 30 sec for the big truck to park and start unloading. The rig driver had been waiting to get his job done for like 15 min that afternoon before Chevy boy decided he needed to beat the rig as the big truck was just finally getting ready to park.

So he tried to force his way out that lane. The truck driver stopped abruptly noteably pissed at the jerk, but it gets better. The dork had loaded the pile of Chevy up a little too much and when he trompped the thunderingly powerful echo cannon equipped piece of **** down, he dumped his ENTIRE load of lumber right there on the ground in the rigs way! What an *** .

BTW, that was the first and last time I've ever seen a loaded 18 wheeler get it's clutch dropped LOL!!! Wow was that a site, the entire cab just torqued over. Immediately after the driver got out to inspect, obviouly realizing that it wasn't such a good idea to drop a rig.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 08:41 AM   #4
camaroboy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302:
What an idiot. Has the guy ever heard of tieing stuff down??

I saw a dick in a Chevy truck try to beat a rig in the Menards Lumberyard while at work a few years ago. The jerk couldn't stand to wait the extra 30 sec for the big truck to park and start unloading. The rig driver had been waiting to get his job done for like 15 min that afternoon before Chevy boy decided he needed to beat the rig as the big truck was just finally getting ready to park.

So he tried to force his way out that lane. The truck driver stopped abruptly noteably pissed at the jerk, but it gets better. The dork had loaded the pile of Chevy up a little too much and when he trompped the thunderingly powerful echo cannon equipped piece of **** down, he dumped his ENTIRE load of lumber right there on the ground in the rigs way! What an *** .

BTW, that was the first and last time I've ever seen a loaded 18 wheeler get it's clutch dropped LOL!!! Wow was that a site, the entire cab just torqued over. Immediately after the driver got out to inspect, obviouly realizing that it wasn't such a good idea to drop a rig.
You make absolutely no sense. The chevy truck hit the gas but the rig dropped his clutch eh? WTF u talkin about. And don't generalize us with "Chevy GUY" cause there's lotsa 5slows around here thinking they're all hardcore with their exhausts & gears. Basically, next to a 4 cyl you look good.

------------------

'81 Z-28, 383 Stroker, 11.5:1, Dart Sportsman Angle Plug heads, Weiand Team G, Holley 750 dbl pump, Comp XE-284H, TCI glide w/ 3500 stall, 4:10 posi, B&M Megashifter, MT Indy Profile S/S, and nothin left for the gas tank
camaroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 08:53 AM   #5
Stefan
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Hey Camaroboy, relax man. Let's not turn RedlilPony's post into a Ford/ Chevy thing. Unit wasn't saying you did it so don't worry about it.

What I really hate is when you're driving along and a truck goes by and sucks a big rock into the windshield. It's always loud and usually leaves a nice big crack or dent in the metal.

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
30 Years & 30 inches apart in the driveway!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 02:43 PM   #6
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Talking

Yo CamaroBoy... This wasn't a chevy-smackdown! I was just saying the vehicles involved... I mentioned the Saturn too.

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl
Red 68 GT Fastback and Black 99 GT Coupe
"Not your average Mustangs..."
PonyGirl

RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: