MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-04-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
chuck88
Registered Member

Default Tattoos cool or dumb??

Just wondering. I am thinking of getting some ink.

How many folks have Ink? How much? What you have and why?

any regrets?

Wife, 2 kids, busy job, "fixer upper" house, and I still have time for the Mustang!!!

I Love my kids!!!
chuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:28 PM   #2
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Question Re: Tattoos cool or dumb??

The question is: are tattoos cool or dumb?

There is no simple answer.

Some look pretty cool - for awhile - but can look lame some years later. However, the stigma of tattoos being seen mostly on the bodies of criminals, drug-addicted rock stars, drunken sailors who have them done while on leave in Tijuana or regular guys just trying to look macho has pretty much disappeared in the past decade or so. Mostly due to the fact that they've become very popular with women, who now get tattoos more often than guys. In addition, a lot of sports stars and middle-class guys - and gals - have tattoos these days, so having one isn't all that much of a statement of rebellion as it once was.

The negative part is a tattoos permanence. No matter how beautifully it may be done or how meaningful it may be for the wearer, things inevitably change and at some point in their life they'll probably wish they didn't have it. Too bad. I understand that you can have a tattoo removed but it doesn't always look so good and it has to somewhat painful. I wouldn't bother getting a tattoo if I really thought I would just have it removed at some later date. Why get it in the first place? I also think that having a tattoo on your body in a place where no one else can see it is dumb. Some girls do this but I think it's a waste of time and money to have a 'hidden' tattoo. Yet to each his - or her - own as the case may be. Your bod, your money...do as you think best.

I don't have a tat and never wanted one. Well, not for more than a few minutes, anyway. I don't like the pain involved or the permanent nature of tattoos. I think I would get bored looking at the same thing on my arm for decades. I don't think they're especially erotic on women but some guys do. I have seen some attractive tattoos on females that caught my eye, so that is obviously subjective. I guess it depends on the tat and the girl. Not everyone - male or female - can wear a tattoo and look good doing it.

Getting a tattoo is a very personal decision and one that you'll have to live with for some time, if not for life. Other people's opinions are interesting but the final decision has to be yours - and yours alone.

Let us know what you decide.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:39 PM   #3
digital3.3

Default Re: Tattoos cool or dumb??

I've got 4 so far myself and am getting many many more. Like Mr 5 0 said it is a personal decision and they should have meaning to you. All mine have deep personal mean about me and my life. I took about 10 years thinking about what to start with and how much and where, so they can be easily covered up during certain occasions. But in the end your going to find many pros and cons, but its a decision that only you can make. My only suggestion is to take time to really think about it before doing, never rush into it.

I Have a Maltese cross on the front of each shoulder and a american traditional style on the inside of each forearm. I am working my way to 3/4 sleeves and having most of my back done with a bit more work on my shoulders.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:39 AM   #4
USMC302
Registered Member

I've got one, you guessed it, USMC, anyway, I still like it ( 2 years running) and don't regret it....yet. I don't plan on getting anymore, not because of pain or anything, just not something I desire to have a lot of. Besides, I have a bad problem of spending money on the car when I get some saved up, I would still be wearing the clothes I had 10 years ago if my wife hadn't forced me to buy new ones, lol. Anyway, good luck either way!
Old 10-09-2007, 03:53 AM   #5
bmxmon
Registered Member

I think they are pretty cool, like others said it should have some meaning. When I think of getting a tattoo, the only reason I can come up with is "its cool art." So far I have none, mostly since I dont want to spend the money. Gotta find a good artist too. Whats your plan, what kind of design and where?
Old 10-09-2007, 05:54 AM   #6
chuck88
Registered Member

Thanks for all of your responses. I want to get my kids names on my upper arms (two kids one on each arm). I went to few places so far and what I noticed was that the artist all seem to have attitudes???? A friend of mine jokingly said "yea they are grouchy they are artist". I live in the northern NJ area does anyone know of any places that are good or some places I should stay away from?

I Have been thinking about this for years but the money gets saved then the bils roll in, then the money gets save then the bills roll in. I am sure you know where I am coming from.

Thanks again

Wife, 2 kids, busy job, "fixer upper" house, and I still have time for the Mustang!!!

I Love my kids!!!
chuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:46 PM   #7
rbohm
Registered Member

i have sen tatoos that are interesting, but i dont want one anymore. i did when i was very young,(14). my only problem with tatoos is that most people that get them seem to go overboard with them. a small tatoo is kind of nice, and a couple small ones are ok, but when you see people that are covered with tatoos, it just seems to be overly excessive. but as stated before, your body, your money, your choice.
by a band who died in a plane crash.

fordsix.com admin
rbohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:34 PM   #8
1965GTO
Registered Member

I have to subtract IQ points from my opinion of anyone I meet with tatoos, more points if they are on the neck or head. I do the same thing with smokers.
1965GTO is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: