MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-22-2002, 10:37 AM   #1
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Exclamation Dumb as brick

Nope, not some ricer. I'm as dumb as a brick.

Thought I'd try to play with a new VIPER. The thing was yellow and almost looked wider than it was long!

I thought maybe I could get him to play with me in my dam near stock '95 GT. LOL. I couldn't even catch up to this guy. He just would not let me get next to him. I'd pull and he'd pull faster. So I couldn't even get next to him and really race the guy.

I would have gotten totally destroyed, but It's butt kickings like that, that fuel the need to go faster, right? Motivation through ebarassment.

Where's that Hammer guy when you need him

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 10:56 AM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

You should know better than to mess with anything with a yellow paint job....

We got MADZ POWERZ YO!!
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 02:09 PM   #3
PbCobra
Registered Member

I'd say for 99.675% of mustangs, Vipers will always be out of reach.

Still, can't blame a guy for trying.

Nice death.
Red 1994 Mustang Cobra #4343
Mac CAI, March Pulleys, Mac H-pipe, Shorty Headers, Flows, Timing at 14, 65mm Throttle Body, Nittos.
PbCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 03:20 PM   #4
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Default I'm jealous

I'd just like the chance to "play" with a Viper. There aren't too many of those around here.

Seems like whenever I see one I'm behind the wheel of the Civic.
5 speed 302-Cobra Intake-GT40p heads-TFS stage 1 cam-FRPP 1.6 roller rockers-3:73 gears-KYB shocks and struts-Eibach Pro-kit-HPM Mega-bite upper and lower control arms-FRPP aluminum driveshaft-16x8 Chrome Cobra Rs

R.H.C. #14
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 08:43 PM   #5
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Talking

Check the file out. Unit 5302 and 2 Vipers for 400mi. We cruised through New Mexico at about 90mph. I didn't get much of a chance to really get them to play. They were older R/T-10's, but still it was awesome.

Just a little foolin around on the entrance ramps seemed to indicate to me the Black one didn't have a ton more than me from 0-80 anyway. On the freeway, I'd be dead though. It was hot too, about 120*. Maybe his Viper was running a little hot after the stop? I know even the R/T-10s trap better than 110. That'll blow me away. LOL.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2vipers.jpg (207.7 KB, 46 views)
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 12:07 PM   #6
SuperchargedRex
Registered Member

I too once made the mistake of trying to play with a Viper. Thankfully I was all alone so no one was there to see the utter humiliation. We came off a stoplight, I got the better launch. Although I got the distinct impression he sat there smoking his tires just to toy with me, because he looked like this as he went flying past me like I was standing still. Turns out it wasn't even a stock Viper, this lunatic had added twin turbos and was putting out somewhere near 700hp. Oy, the pain!
Old 01-23-2002, 03:27 PM   #7
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Default Cool pictures Unit

Got any with you in front?
5 speed 302-Cobra Intake-GT40p heads-TFS stage 1 cam-FRPP 1.6 roller rockers-3:73 gears-KYB shocks and struts-Eibach Pro-kit-HPM Mega-bite upper and lower control arms-FRPP aluminum driveshaft-16x8 Chrome Cobra Rs

R.H.C. #14
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 06:41 PM   #8
caliplaya650
Registered Member

95mustanggt,

Good run! Atleast u tried a lot of the suckers here wont race another V8 but boast of having a fast GT/LX. Its funny when they say "I didnt race because he was gonna beat me." What P****s Who cares if you lose its part of knowing what u need to make your car faster. I know that theres a post @ another site where a stanger wont race a camaro 305 because hes scared he'll lose. DAMN WHAT A P****!!!!!! If you wont race another v8 then stick with a v6/v4 the only thing your racing with your v8.
Props to ya 95Mustang. a Real Racer
BBK Underdrive Pulleys
BBK 65mm Throttle Body
BBK Equal Shorties
Phenolic Spacer
166,000 miles and still BuCkIn!
caliplaya650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 07:16 PM   #9
Milktasd
Registered Member

Wink me too

Hey I have raced a viper twice and I lost both times, go figure. It is fun as hell when I lose to a car really bad. I just wich I had them all on tape instead of just one. And I didn't lose to that viper that much.
Milktasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 09:50 PM   #10
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by caliplaya650
95mustanggt,

Good run! Atleast u tried a lot of the suckers here wont race another V8 but boast of having a fast GT/LX. Its funny when they say "I didnt race because he was gonna beat me." What P****s Who cares if you lose its part of knowing what u need to make your car faster. I know that theres a post @ another site where a stanger wont race a camaro 305 because hes scared he'll lose. DAMN WHAT A P****!!!!!! If you wont race another v8 then stick with a v6/v4 the only thing your racing with your v8.
Props to ya 95Mustang. a Real Racer
Thanks Caliplay. The way I see it you never know (well in this case I did ), but when I was more stock (if that is possible ) I took an LT1 Camero, because the guy could not drive worth anything.

Also getting my clock cleaned does drive me to want to be faster, constantly striving to be better. Besides, it was nice change from killing all the dam civics around here .

I would have really like to see Hammer toy with this guy, it would have been a little more fair, plus I think the guy in the Viper would be surprised at the Mustangs quickness.

Well 11 hours 20 minutes until I get my 3.73's! still won't catch a Viper, but I'll be that much faster Tomorrow

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 12:34 PM   #11
7000rpmisheaven
Registered Member

Caliplaya these are the people who spend all day talking trash. If you talk trash and then get beat you are that much more of a punk.

I don't talk trash and I don't like to race anyone that does. I like to race win or lose becuase it is so much fun. But if a guy is talking trash i may not race him because if i lose I will never hear the end of it.

If you race a car that you think is a close match or that might be faster and you say "I think you are going to beat me." And then you win, you can say "I guess i am a better driver than you" But you could say that that is talking trash so i wouldn't say that. Not out loud anyways.
milodon water pump, FMS 9mm wires, aluminum driveshaft, king cobra clutch
7000rpmisheaven is offline   Reply With Quote