MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-11-2005, 05:40 AM   #1
scootro
Registered Member

Default Terrifying Story... must read, Ted's Cave - apparently true?

Okay, here is one that has been puzzling me for a good couple of weeks now...
The following link will take you to a page containing a time when two guys that are cavers find a small crevice with a tunnel behind it. Over several trips they tunnel out the crevice, and one of them creeps inside. What they find, whether true or not, is perhaps one of the best written stories I’ve read on the internet. It's genuinely terrifying.

First, read this...
http://www.holyshiite.com/caver/
(please forgive the name of the site, it is irrelevant). The last pages don't load, however from reading around it seems that they never did.

... and then continue to ponder this page, supposedly a supplement to the story. The wife of ted posts a plea to find him. Read through the site, although it appears the same as the first, it has more content.

http://www.gigdig.com/~ted/

---------

Okay, now we can all talk. You might have heard about this before. It has been discussed before on other message boards. Apparently it might be a rip-off of another story, something called the Fear of Darkness? I was just wondering if anyone could shed any light so that I can finally lay this one to rest.

It's a very well written story but from the details of the story I would have to consider it a hoax. Here are my reasons why, first of all he spends way to much time trying to explain himself in his reasoning’s for going. Next if his sister really is worried and they found this cave which has a small crack which looks identical to the place where the picture of the hole was taken wouldn't they at least file a police report or send a search and rescue team looking for them instead of simply posting something on the internet on a site that would be unlikely for him to find. Another thing is that the lighting, quality, and zoom of all the pictures seem to be the same and probably came from the same camera. The photo of the crack could simply have been taken before they chiseled the hole open. I also find it odd that he did not show any of the bad photographs of the room to prove there existence. I believe that he really found the cave and there was an eerie feeling but the rest has been hoaxed. Finally the actual story was posted in 2001, but the letter from his sister wasn't posted until 2004. To me that seems like a long time before you make a post.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2005, 08:46 AM   #2
Capri306

Default Re: Terrifying Story... must read, Ted's Cave - apparently true?

Eh, not as bad as a house where blood oozes out of the walls I know of down in Southern Ohio, but a nice story, nonetheless.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:02 PM   #3
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Why would he have already created a link to the next page, if there was no next page? It is a good story, and very well written. But, I find it hard to be true.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:15 PM   #4
HoodStrype
Rearview Mirror Haze

Wink Re: Terrifying Story... must read, Ted's Cave - apparently true?

Yeah that was pretty good. Whoever wrote it made it believable, and that's what makes a scarey story. Definately a hoax, but a good story!
I live in Huntsville, Alabama, and this place is full of caves! As a matter of fact (should be able to look it up- it's pretty cool) our whole city is on top of a giant network of caves, which is no wonder considering we're at the foothills of the Appalacian Mountains and surrounded by lakes and rivers. Our streets have to be repaved very often because of natural spring water and freezing in winter. Many people still drink out of wells in some parts (though not here in Huntsville!).
I've been in a few caves around here, and they can get spooky! We ran for our lives (me and about 7 friends) when we heard something walking toward us... though it was probably a racoon, there's still the chance it was a Mountain Lion or a Bobcat. We don't take chances anymore... we all have "Concealed Cary Permits!"
We also found a cave with a waterfall, and one can toss a huge rock down it and NEVER hear it land... pretty freaky!

...the epitome of Murphy's Law

Last edited by HoodStrype; 10-11-2005 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: My hometown...
HoodStrype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:32 PM   #5
351coupe
Registered Member

can't find the wife part, or anything other than the original pages... where are they? interesting thus far.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:13 AM   #6
scootro
Registered Member

Many questions go unanswered even today. Where did that evil thing come from? Was it a natural
creature of earth, a demon, or some other ancient creature? Are there more of them out there, living the cycle of feeding then hibernating? What was discovered in the cave while they were in there? All that was know is there are things on this earth still left for us to discover and understand. But we had seen, read enough never to enter a mysterious cave.

Thomas Lera 1987 - 2004

no more info.. I’ve tried some research (found nothing)......the letters are missing,

IT STOPS ON PAGE 10 THAT’S WHEN TED DISSAPEARS.

I’m glad you all like it.......
Old 10-12-2005, 09:37 AM   #7
HoodStrype
Rearview Mirror Haze

http://web.archive.org/web/200501031...ofdarkness.pdf

The real story doesn't have Joe and it has an ending... This was written in 1987! Check out page 14. You'll get your answers-

...the epitome of Murphy's Law
HoodStrype is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: