View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 03:15 PM   #4
HoodStrype
Rearview Mirror Haze

Wink Re: Terrifying Story... must read, Ted's Cave - apparently true?

Yeah that was pretty good. Whoever wrote it made it believable, and that's what makes a scarey story. Definately a hoax, but a good story!
I live in Huntsville, Alabama, and this place is full of caves! As a matter of fact (should be able to look it up- it's pretty cool) our whole city is on top of a giant network of caves, which is no wonder considering we're at the foothills of the Appalacian Mountains and surrounded by lakes and rivers. Our streets have to be repaved very often because of natural spring water and freezing in winter. Many people still drink out of wells in some parts (though not here in Huntsville!).
I've been in a few caves around here, and they can get spooky! We ran for our lives (me and about 7 friends) when we heard something walking toward us... though it was probably a racoon, there's still the chance it was a Mountain Lion or a Bobcat. We don't take chances anymore... we all have "Concealed Cary Permits!"
We also found a cave with a waterfall, and one can toss a huge rock down it and NEVER hear it land... pretty freaky!

...the epitome of Murphy's Law

Last edited by HoodStrype; 10-11-2005 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: My hometown...
HoodStrype is offline   Reply With Quote