MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2005, 05:40 AM   #1
scootro
Registered Member

Default Terrifying Story... must read, Ted's Cave - apparently true?

Okay, here is one that has been puzzling me for a good couple of weeks now...
The following link will take you to a page containing a time when two guys that are cavers find a small crevice with a tunnel behind it. Over several trips they tunnel out the crevice, and one of them creeps inside. What they find, whether true or not, is perhaps one of the best written stories I’ve read on the internet. It's genuinely terrifying.

First, read this...
http://www.holyshiite.com/caver/
(please forgive the name of the site, it is irrelevant). The last pages don't load, however from reading around it seems that they never did.

... and then continue to ponder this page, supposedly a supplement to the story. The wife of ted posts a plea to find him. Read through the site, although it appears the same as the first, it has more content.

http://www.gigdig.com/~ted/

---------

Okay, now we can all talk. You might have heard about this before. It has been discussed before on other message boards. Apparently it might be a rip-off of another story, something called the Fear of Darkness? I was just wondering if anyone could shed any light so that I can finally lay this one to rest.

It's a very well written story but from the details of the story I would have to consider it a hoax. Here are my reasons why, first of all he spends way to much time trying to explain himself in his reasoning’s for going. Next if his sister really is worried and they found this cave which has a small crack which looks identical to the place where the picture of the hole was taken wouldn't they at least file a police report or send a search and rescue team looking for them instead of simply posting something on the internet on a site that would be unlikely for him to find. Another thing is that the lighting, quality, and zoom of all the pictures seem to be the same and probably came from the same camera. The photo of the crack could simply have been taken before they chiseled the hole open. I also find it odd that he did not show any of the bad photographs of the room to prove there existence. I believe that he really found the cave and there was an eerie feeling but the rest has been hoaxed. Finally the actual story was posted in 2001, but the letter from his sister wasn't posted until 2004. To me that seems like a long time before you make a post.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!