MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-29-2001, 01:13 PM   #1
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Angry Thad's stolen Stang

Wow, what a night last night... Thad (my best friend, member of this board) had his Mustang stolen last night from his front yard. The car was involved in a cop chase to speeds of 160 mph from here to Northlake Blvd. (about 10 miles) the cops lost him because of the rate of speed and then they found the car down there. They tried to use tire spikes to stop him, but it didn't work.
We got the call around 2 am and headed down there, where there were helicopters, about 20 or 30 Jupiter cop cars, Palm beach Gardens cop cars, and Sherriff cars EVERYWHERE!! We finally found where it was after we were blocked in a cul-de-sac by four cop cars!! When we got there it was ready to be towed, and the cops were telling us stories of how fast that car was, the guy ditched because he couldn't get out of the neighborhood. All in all I think he's very lucky to have gotten it back! He has to fix the front end, the whole steering column, lights, cancel all his credit cards (stolen wallet), and who knows what else because it was beat on so bad. We couldn't get it started because the column was in such bad shape! Check out the pics... The first ones I tried to take a pic of it with all the police cars around ( like 10 of them) but it was too dark!!

The Stang is in the background

Stang in the background and my Stang in the front...

The steering column...

Something in the steering column that they stuck a screwdriver in to get it started...

A front end shot...

another front end shot...

a little damage on the side

Glad ya got it back, Thad!!! When we find the a$$hole (we think it was one of his neighbors) he will get a little surprise!!!

------------------
Joe!
1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.71@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:
www.joe4speed.com
1999 Ninja ZX-6R 10.32@135mph!
"What was the best thing before sliced bread?"

[This message has been edited by JL1314 (edited 03-29-2001).]
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 01:54 PM   #2
EZRIDN
Registered Member

Did he have an alarm on his car?

------------------
'86 GT.
Gears & Flows
EZRIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 02:27 PM   #3
joe4speed

No alarm... and the sad thing is, he has one in a box that came out of his firebird after it was totalled... But he never put it in... and I bitched at him for the longest time about that!!! I'll bet that alarm is in within a week now!!!
Joe
Old 03-29-2001, 03:33 PM   #4
red82gt
Sober voice of Reason

Exclamation

Glad to hear he got it back before it was crashed and totalled! When you find the punks do us all a favor but don't leave any witnesses

------------------
GT-40 heads (ported, polished, + milled), B303 cam, 1.7rr's, JE pistons, Offy intake, Carter AFB 625cfm carb, Flowtech 1 5/8" shortys, Flowtech X-pipe, MAC Flowpath exhaust, MAC pulleys, 373's, subframes, Eibachs+Tokicos, B+M ripper, FMS Clutch, Zoom Quadrant+cable, 17" CSA Ultra rims, 235/45ZR17 Yokohama AVS S4's, MSD 6A ignition+coil, FMS 9mm wires, Carbed, Naturally Aspirated, and Nasty!
red82gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 04:12 PM   #5
88GT5.013.02

Whoever stole it either was real good or knew ford's pretty well. That part that was being held in the picture (ignition switch) will power up the eec relays and cpu and by pushing the little metal rod sticking out you can start the car without a key. I know cause I was trying to start a truck that had a broken column. I just used a torx bit to pull the ignition switch away and then used the little metal rod to start it.
Old 03-29-2001, 04:16 PM   #6
88GT5.013.02

Whoever stole it either was real good or knew ford's pretty well. That part that was being held in the picture (ignition switch) will power up the eec relays and cpu and by pushing the little metal rod sticking out you can start the car without a key. I know cause I was trying to start a truck that had a broken column. I just used a torx bit to pull the ignition switch away and then used the little metal rod to start it.

BTW, I hate alarms, they are just loud pieces of sh!t that mess up all of the time. I just put a kill switch on the fuel pump circuit and ignition circuit. Sometimes I will also take the coil wire with me to bed. At home if I leave it outside of the yard I will block it in with my 97 Power Stroke 4x4. If they want it bad enough to go through all of that, then they can have it.
Old 03-29-2001, 10:15 PM   #7
dinomite
The Dude

I was thinking of doing that, how did you rig up the shut off? What kind of switch did you use?
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 11:59 PM   #8
joe4speed

Quote:
Originally posted by 88GT5.013.02:
BTW, I hate alarms, they are just loud pieces of sh!t that mess up all of the time. I just put a kill switch on the fuel pump circuit and ignition circuit. Sometimes I will also take the coil wire with me to bed.
I don't know... The alarm I have now has scared away quite a few people, and I've never had a problem with it in 4 years... it even has a pager when the alarm goes off. But i like the kill switch idea... I've seen that before and it is very good...
Joe
Old 03-31-2001, 09:43 AM   #9
88GT5.013.02

dinomite:

I haven't done it to my car yet, but I will real soon. I usually interrupt the fuel relay circuit (under the driver's seat), and put the switch where I want. You can use a toggle switch or a momentary switch to do this. My dad had a turbo coupe that he put a kill switch in the headliner by the
sunvisor. This was an ignition kill switch, and was a momentary switch that you had to hold to start the car.

For something to stop the ignition, just tap into the big yellow wire in the ignition switch and put the switch where you want it.

For the fuel pump circuit interrupt you would need a wiring schematic, if you want I can post and take pics of what I did when I do this. It might not be for a couple of weeks. I have to put my buddy's motor together and back into his car.
Old 04-01-2001, 09:02 AM   #10
Thad
Registered Member

howdy everyone! victim here. thanks for all the replies. It's definately a sad time for me. i've got the car all apart and ready for some theft prvention upgrades.
A question to 88. which yellow wire do you pick up onfor the hot at switched to the ignition. I've got 2. I would asume one is hot all the time and the other one would be hot at switched. I don't have a volt meter so i'm at a loss.
Thad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 08:57 PM   #11
teal93LX
Registered Member

Hey Joe & Thad
thats pretty messed up man, I remember when I stoped by your place we talked about alarms and I think you even metioned Thad and the car..
Well i am glad you got the car back anyway..
And has anyone seen the Godfather? Well, Joe you did me a favor once, so if you need any help with the revenge please send me an email...cmoses@hotmail.com
I have ALOT of pent up hostility i would like to take out on someone deserving!!

------------------
AOD, k&n panel, air silencer removed, flowmaster catback (he he thanks joe)
and i still got the .38 too..lol
teal93LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 10:44 AM   #12
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

im just pulling my fuel pump relay till i get a chance to put in a fuel pump kill switch..id advise people to kill the fuel pump not the ignition cuz any car theft can just run another hot lead to it..fuel pump i putting my switch in the trunk..who would think to look there..plus i got an alarm

------------------
1987 black notch(ex 4 banger)
DSS 306 w/ main support...Elderbrock 6028 heads..gt-40 intake..24# injectors...70 mm tb..77 pro-m...accel 300+..mac full legnth..tremec w/ pro5oh...full MAC exhaust,off road h-pipe,long tubes, catback...ron davis radiator..subframes, control arms...CFDF II..o yea holley FPR sucks..dont buy one..
AIM=onesillynotch
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 12:20 AM   #13
aar0s
Registered Member

gawd i hate to hear that someones gar got boosted. death is to good for a car thief. glad to hear that you got it back.
aar0s is offline   Reply With Quote