MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-29-2001, 07:31 PM   #1
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs up Thanks to Dan McClain, all the moderaters and productive members of the Mustang Works

I know one or 2 topics like this has been posted b4, but I just have to voice my opinion and let you all know how greatful I am to be a part of MW. This site is not my life, but if I want to come online to a cool place and discuss Mustangs or any other decent car w/ cool people, I got a place for it here (even though this place can be kinda dead sometimes-- not IS dead, but CAN BE dead sometimes, but I think it's a decent trade off).

What prompted me to even post this is that I decided to take some time out and check out some other Mustang msgboard sites. I got off work early today, so I spent the last 1.5 hrs on some other sites. I've also checked out some Camaro and import msgboards and I must say that there is another whole breed of people out there (be careful). There's a lot of just plain STUPID topics, flames galore, overly-sensitive users, etc. And while all of those other sites do have SOME informed and well-educated members, for the most part, IMO the sites suck. None I've been to even come close to comparing with MW, neither by the format of the site nor by the members who post there.

Now I have not been to ALL the msgboards out there and want to be careful NOT to generalize and put them all in the same basket.

Also, the moderators here are really cool and seem well-informed. I've been to some sites where the moderators are just as stupid if not more stupid than some of the trolls on those other sites.

So, I personally want to just say THANK YOU to Dan McClain, all the moderators/administrators, and all the productive members of the Mustang Works.

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55 gears (Now that's more like it!!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body

[This message has been edited by Fox Body (edited 03-29-2001).]
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 08:41 PM   #2
StangFlyer
Founder

Fox Body, and to all others that share his sentiments:

Your comments are both greatly appreciated and well taken. You've hit the nail on the head for me, and given what the end result is from the stance we take here on The Mustang Works concerning our message board, and our community as a whole. This is why we have the rules we do and have at times enforced them in the face of stiff opposition. Doing so certainly does cause the quantity of messages to be less, but we've built a great deal of quality in what is posted by our members.

This is why MustangWorks.com has the reputation of having a much more mature, adult oriented community and is respected in the Industry. I for one, am proud that we are different and stand for quality rather than quantity. 'Nuff said there.

Furthermore, I will join in with you on thanking our great moderators, along with Jim Sweeters (Mr 5.0) our message board administrator. They've ended up being absolutely great and handle the message board and other site moderation duties in an excellent capacity. Without all of the Mustang Works staff the site simply wouldn't be what it is today, and its so big now, I certainly couldn't keep up with it all myself. Cheers to them!

Thanks again, and please everyone, continue to spread the word and bring other quality Ford lovers like yourselves here to join in on our great community.

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor
The Mustang Works Magazine
1991 Mustang GT - NOVI Supercharged 377 Stroker
1999 Ford Lightning SVT - 2000 Prototype updated by Roush
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 10:10 PM   #3
dinomite
The Dude

I totally agree except that this site is my life, just look at my # of posts and join date EEK!

I as well have checked out other sites, and they really don't have all the depth that this one does. I can ask just about anything and get good responses on the topic that I need info. Great site.

One thing though, I was thinking that people (users) should maybe try to document (verbaly and pictorally) mods that they do and then submit them to you. Expand the artciles section a little. I'll probably take pictures of stuff I start doing to my car (digital camera ) and if you want I could make a web page out of em and mail them to you Dan. Just a thought.

------------------
ABit KT7, T-Bird 900@1100, PAL6035-2, 256M pc133, 20gb@7200rpm, MP7040A, PC-DVD 6x, Viper V770, SB Live
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 08:39 PM   #4
lx mike
Undescribable

Thumbs up

I was gonna quote alot of what foxbody said but to keep it short i have done the same as he did, i checked out some of the other mustang sites out there and yes they do have some informed members and alot more traffic but what we don't have here in quantity we make up for in quality. most of those other sites are kinda cliquish and it's hard for some new to get help sometimes.

------------------
93-LX: 5 Speed, Flow's with H-Pipe, 3.73's Sub's and K&N.
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 12:02 AM   #5
StangFlyer
Founder

Lightbulb

Quote:
yes they do have some informed members and alot more traffic but
LX Mike, I beg to differ. It only appears that a few sites may have more traffic because they get more msgboard posts due to a lack of rules and moderation, but in fact, most sites do not get the traffic MustangWorks.com does. With 14 million server hits, 5.5 million page views, and over 100,000 unique readers last month, I'm fairly confident we are one of the largest Ford sites on the Web. If not the largest. Remember, appearances can be deceiving!

dinomite, I am always happy to accept article and content submissions from our members. That doesn't mean your guarenteed I'll use it, but if it's decent material I probably will!

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor

[This message has been edited by Dan McClain (edited 03-31-2001).]
Old 03-31-2001, 01:22 AM   #6
dirtyGT
Registered Member

Talking

I must speak on this this site is the best ford site on the web PERIOD! Also i would like to thank you Dan and the rest of the Works crew after all i've sold alot of stuff on here and have learned alot in return.(PS)Dan you need to talk to Bob about another Cyberbrawl i'm ready

------------------
P.M.D. PERFORMANCE
project BLACK DEATH 88GT
dirtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 04:15 AM   #7
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

HOLLY DOG DOO!!!!

Dynomite... registered in Feb 2001 and 300 post!!!!!!... When do you drive?????

And I thought I was spending way to much time here ... tabarnak!!!!!

Dan, constructive critism... I gotta say, your site does not stick initially. It's not catchy graphicly (and that is my opinion, make what you want of it), ... that can be good for the 56K crowd.

As an example Try me had to get me to type under his name to get me going on the message board. But damn, after surfing around I realized that this site is built for long term stickiness!

I enjoy all of you yanks and non yanks, and the diversity of Inferno right down (or up I should say) to Rev, going right through Fox Body.

Your site is alllllll ggooood!!!! Gatta go drive now!

Later, and keep those revs up!

------------------
Lizard King, Bone Stock; 13.69 at 101MPH
Extreme Burnout
2000GT VS LS1
Quartermile run
2000GT vs LX Stang

Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 06:25 PM   #8
lx mike
Undescribable

Red face

Dan, I worded it wrong, when i said traffic i meant to say message postings. sorry for the confusion!

------------------
93-LX: 5 Speed, Flow's with H-Pipe, 3.73's Sub's and K&N.
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 11:26 PM   #9
StangFlyer
Founder

dirtyGT, I recently spoke to Bob Cosby concerning Cyberbrawl because I was interested in doing some stuff for the event this year. Unfortunately, Bob says that there will not be another Cyberbrawl event this year. This is because he has gone back to school, and simply does not have the time or will to put all the work out again to put the event on. He said it was a big undertaking, and too much for him to do in light of other things going on in his life (school, family, etc).

I will let everyone know if anything changes however...

lx mike, don't worry about it man. I just wanted to make sure our members and readers understood the difference, and what's really what.

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor

[This message has been edited by Dan McClain (edited 03-31-2001).]