MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2001, 01:35 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Post Think I've made up my mind about next Hot Rod!

Thank you everyone for your input on what my next Hot Rod I build should be.

I even tossed around trying to find a 67-70 Cougar (HARD AS HELL TO FIND). I've narrowed my choices down to 64-65 Falcon hardtop, 64 Fairlane.

I'm going to go the small block route. I'm not going to use the 289 I built up thats sitting in my garage (I'll save that for Diane if the motor ever goes up) But I'm going to build a 351 for my next project.

I like the idea of building my own Thuderbolt type Fairlane, but the cost and FE parts are out of my wallet range (Might be diffrent in 5 years though).

I figured a 2400 lb car (64-65 Falcon) with about a 500 Horse power 351 would be enought to blow the doors off of just about anything on the street.

I decided against the sleeper aproach, maybe next time I'll go that way. But now I'm at the drawing board, drawing up sketches and color shemes, I've been writing up parts combinations to see what makes the most sense, I dont have much figured out yet, but I know its gonna have a 351, with a manual tranny. And ITS GONNA BE RED!!!!!RED RED RED.

I'm going to go the nostalgic way, no Shiny new fancy shmancy chrome dodad rims, no HUGE 19 inch rims and low profile tires. No electric gauge set, no fuel injection (although..Hmmmm....Nah.). No super body molded leather, plush designer interior. NO SPOILERS AND BODY EFFECTS (even though they dont make them for the Falcon).

I'll keep you all posted. I'm going to start looking through the local auto traders and classifieds...

I'm thinking 64 Falcon the way Shelby would of made one if he did, but a dragster, not road course car.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list
2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle, 40 series Flowmasters, Steeda Tri-Ax
64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote