MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2002, 01:42 AM   #1
Traumatique
Registered Member

Smile Thinking about joining the family

Hey guys, pardon if this is in the wrong thread but I wasn't quite sure where to put it. Ever since I've had my licence I've owned turbocharged imports... I guess you could say I did it in spite of my father who sold my project '69 Camaro 4 months before I aquired my licence. Imports are fun, but frankly the insaine repair costs, difficulty to work on, and unreliability is really getting to me and my pocketbook. But after having a couple and all of them completely bombing out on me I think I feel it's time to come back to american muscle.

I've been used to 14 second cars stock, one running 13's, and one dipping into the 12's somewhat heavily modified (Early model Eagle Talon TSI AWD). I've had my eye on the SVT Cobra Mustangs. Being a car enthusiest I have a vauge idea of the power output of these cars, but not so much as to what changed year to year and what years are the best. I was wondering if you could give me some insight? At the present time, I would be looking for a decently low mileage SVT Cobra between $10,000 - $16,000 dollars. What year(s) are best? Which should I watch out for? Which ones could I get back into those 12's I'm so used to while staying reletively reliable for daily driven transportation?

Any help you folks could give me would be greatly appretiated, and I hope you don't get offended by an import guy comming onto your boards (... you shouldn't though, I'm here to find out which Mustang to buy ).

Thanks in advance!
Traumatique is offline   Reply With Quote