MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-27-2008, 11:40 PM   #1
NY90TitaniumSC
Registered Member

Smile Thought I'd Say "Hi."

I just joined a little while ago and thought I would just give a quick intro of myself.
I wish I could start off by saying I own a Mustang, but unfortunately, I don't. I hope that isn't held against me though.
I do, however, own 2 1990 Ford Thunderbird SC's. The SC came with the supercharged 3.8L engine from the factory. It's really surprising how many automotive enthusiasts didn't know Ford put a supercharged engine in the MN12 platform. I own a titanium colored SC with the automatic tranny and a red SC with the 5 speed manual. I love my 'Birds, but I REALLY would like to get a Mustang. My ultimate 'Stang is the 2008 Shelby GT500KR. I found out last week my local dealership was one of the lucky dealerships chosen in the "Dealer Lottery" Ford held and they will be getting one of these cars in once they are done and shipped this summer. I realize, however that I won't be able to afford the 6 figure price tag they are going to be asking for the car, so I am trying to more realistically set my goals on a Mustang I can afford. I really do like the S195 platform as well as the MN95 styles.
I would really like to get some owner feedback from those who own these styles to give me an idea of what they like and don't like about these cars. Obviously if you go to a dealer and ask you won't get a straight answer, so I would really like to hear from people who currently, or previously owned one of these cars. If you don't own one anymore, what caused you to sell or trade your car? If you still own one, what is it that keeps you hanging onto your car?
I know these probably sound like stupid questions, but I want to make sure of what I'm getting myself into once I actively hit the market in search of my first Mustang. While I do know about the Supercoupes, I am not very knowledgeable about the Mustang and I don't want to come across as stupid or ignorant to anyone here. I love the Mustang and am hoping to be able to find one in the not too distant future that will bring me many years of enjoyment and pleasure.
Anyways, thanks for letting me join. I hope to make many new friends here and am looking forward to getting to know these cars better in the future.

Bri

Lifetime member of the "Horsepower Jihad"
NY90TitaniumSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:50 AM   #2
bmxmon
Registered Member

Default Re: Thought I'd Say "Hi."

Welcome Bri! Cant say I know much about any late model mustang, especially the 05+ stangs. You can get 05 GT's now for fairly reasonable, then modify to run circles around that gt500KR!! I've talked to one person who owned an 05gt, he loved it, but had to sell because he ended up moving across the country. Definately cant deny they are awesome looking Mustangs. Also in a recent Car and Driver (I believe C&D) they did a comparison of a stock GT to modified mustangs, like the shelbys, saleens and at least one other one. Bang for the buck went to the stock GT, with the performance not very far behind the modified ones. Hope this helps, good luck with the mustang search! (BTW i didnt know they had supercharged v6's, I just thought they had the turbo-4)
Old 05-26-2008, 09:31 AM   #3
CobraJet428
Registered Member

Default Re: Thought I'd Say "Hi."

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY90TitaniumSC View Post
I just joined a little while ago and thought I would just give a quick intro of myself.
I wish I could start off by saying I own a Mustang, but unfortunately, I don't. I hope that isn't held against me though.
I do, however, own 2 1990 Ford Thunderbird SC's. The SC came with the supercharged 3.8L engine from the factory. It's really surprising how many automotive enthusiasts didn't know Ford put a supercharged engine in the MN12 platform. I own a titanium colored SC with the automatic tranny and a red SC with the 5 speed manual. I love my 'Birds, but I REALLY would like to get a Mustang. My ultimate 'Stang is the 2008 Shelby GT500KR. I found out last week my local dealership was one of the lucky dealerships chosen in the "Dealer Lottery" Ford held and they will be getting one of these cars in once they are done and shipped this summer. I realize, however that I won't be able to afford the 6 figure price tag they are going to be asking for the car, so I am trying to more realistically set my goals on a Mustang I can afford. I really do like the S195 platform as well as the MN95 styles.
I would really like to get some owner feedback from those who own these styles to give me an idea of what they like and don't like about these cars. Obviously if you go to a dealer and ask you won't get a straight answer, so I would really like to hear from people who currently, or previously owned one of these cars. If you don't own one anymore, what caused you to sell or trade your car? If you still own one, what is it that keeps you hanging onto your car?
I know these probably sound like stupid questions, but I want to make sure of what I'm getting myself into once I actively hit the market in search of my first Mustang. While I do know about the Supercoupes, I am not very knowledgeable about the Mustang and I don't want to come across as stupid or ignorant to anyone here. I love the Mustang and am hoping to be able to find one in the not too distant future that will bring me many years of enjoyment and pleasure.
Anyways, thanks for letting me join. I hope to make many new friends here and am looking forward to getting to know these cars better in the future.
Welcome aboard. I do own a 2007 Mustang GT Converrtible. I've had it for a little over a year and am really enjoying it. I had a 2000 Mustang GT that I raded in on the '07. So far, I have really enjoyed the car, but I do not consider myself to be an expert. I packs plenty of punch and is reasonable on gas as I get 22-23 mpg. To me, the manual transmission is the difference maker in fuel economy. You won't go wrong getting one of the newer ones in my humble opinion. Of course, their's nothing wrong eith the older ones either.
Rice Haters Club Member #237
2007 Vista Blue Mustang GT Convertible w/black top and charcoal interior, 18-in. polished aluminum wheels.
1978 Ford F150 Ranger Longbed, 400M w/automatic and 2 fuel tanks...get the picture?
1993 Mustang GT Dark Blue/Grey 2-tone. Flowmaster Mufflers and blackouts on the headlights. RIP (10/31/99).
1968 Mustang 6 cyl/C4 automatic
1938 Ford Pickup, Flathead V8 (85HP) with granny 4-speed..a restoration work in progress.
CobraJet428 is offline   Reply With Quote