View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 11:39 PM   #10
BLOCKER
Registered Member

Default Re: time to start the hate letters to ford

Quote:

O.K. You're either a Ford PR employee or, more likely, simply miss the point. I'm guessing the latter.

Response:

Your right, I am not a Ford PR employee,(they would probably pay better though) however I have not missed the point

Quote:

Besides, a Ford employee would know full well that the Ford 'umbrella' already includes the cars you listed in your post. Especially the MUSTANG (as you put it).

Response:

I am well aware Mercury, Lincoln, Astin Martin, Landrover are all independant companies owned by ford, however the Mustang name is still preceded with the FORD company name, thus mustang is not its own company.... hence why I said "Mercury, Lincoln, Astin Martin, Landrover, and MUSTANG"

I agree to sell a four door mustang or stationwagon mustang would be a bastardization of the famed mustang name. I guess the point I was trying to make was:

Allthough I love my Fords, I wouldn't put it past them to do anything to make a profit.

After all we are talking about a company that had the technology to put 4 wheel disc brakes on an 86 mustang SVO but couldn't even offer it as an option for the 87 GT, why do you ask, they sacraficed performance to save a couple bucks per unit.
-2008 Harley Davidson Nightster 1200
-2008 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special
-1997 Jaguar XK8 Convertable
BLOCKER is offline   Reply With Quote