MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-11-2002, 09:57 AM   #1
Tod
Registered Member

Default tired of it.........

I'm beginning to think that *most* people with nice muscle cars are just flat-out jerks who don't really bother themselves by giving respect to anyone at all.

Thursday night, coming home from getting some food. i'm getting ready to turn left onto a 4 lane road. while I'm waiting an absolutely BEAUTIFUL Firebird Trans Am rolls by. bright red and LOUD. i pull out into the left lane back a few cars still saying to myself how i wouldn't mind having one of those in my garage. he's in the right lane back from the light a few cars and stopped, i'm coming up slowly on his left. he's got his window down and i was about to give him a thumbs up when dude revs it up around 4500rpm. i wanted to kill the guy. what did i do to him?

and then last night me and my g/f are leaving the mall, again waiting to pull out and an SS pulls in coming past us. as he's right next to me i give him a "sweet car" nod out of respect and dude looks right at me with a cocky look on his face and revs as well. WHAT THE HECK?!? why are people such cocky little son-of-a-guns? i get the same thing from other mustang guys in my area. does NOBODY give respect anymore? i'm just sick of it is all, sorry, had to vent. anyone else know what i'm dealing with here? please tell me i'm not alone.
Old 05-11-2002, 10:46 AM   #2
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Cool theres still a FEW...

ya, I know what you mean. I have had people do that to me when i give them a thumbs up, but they usually dont make faces and stuff. THat would be VERY AGGRAVATING!!!
As a matter of fact, lately, I"ve had alot of people do the same to me, as far as actually rolling down thier windows and asking/commenting on my car at a light. I think that is so cool!!!! Its happened about 5 times in the last few weeks...
Maybe its something to do with your location?????? You need to move to TEXASS where everyone is freindly!!!!!!! Dont give up though!!! There are still people out there that will appreciate your acknowledging thier fine rides! U just gotta findem' first!!!
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 10:46 AM   #3
rbatson

Maybe you are looking at it wrong, bro. I've passed cars going the other way and we both rev at each other. I don't think they are disrespecting you, maybe just saying 'hi'. Try giving them a thumbs up when they rev and see what response you get.

The guy in the SS though... That is usually a chevy attitude thing. I bet he had a big #3 in the back window too..
Old 05-11-2002, 10:51 AM   #4
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking ok.....yeah! lmao!

RBATSON.......
hahahhaha. I didn't think of it that way. Kind of like when dogs sniff each other, that is thier way of saying "hi"! LMFAO!!!!!
But, ya, I see your point. When someone does that I usually rev back, and they usually like that. But then again, it depends on the demeanor of the person. You have a good point!

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 11:31 AM   #5
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

Rick i look at it the same way as you do. I think of it as them saying hi.
Old 05-11-2002, 11:57 AM   #6
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Tod:

A 'cocky' (over confident) attitude is standard issue with most muscle car owners. I pretty much expect it.

Look, we know we have fast cars than can beat 98% of whatever we pull up against on the street, we know our cars get attention and we're proud of them. That makes for a slight attitude, at best.

I always notice the other muscle cars on the road and I also see the revving up as a signal of camaraderie, not simply a challenge. It's probably a little of both but I don't have a problem with it, assuming the other guy isn't giving me the finger while he's revving it up.

I suggest you relax a bit and don't take everything another muscle car driver does as an insult. You'll get plenty of those without looking for them.

Topless:

As if you didn't know it; pretty blondes in red convertibles always get positive reactions from guys and your beautiful Mustang just enhances that reaction.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 12:03 PM   #7
Tod
Registered Member

you make a VERY solid point with it being a way of saying "what's up", but it's hard to tell one way or the other unless you know what kind of guy the driver is. guy in the Firebird, very likely could have been saying hi but he did it quite loud, but again he never gave me a cocky look, actually he didn't even look over. so that could have been it.

guy in the SS, no chance. he had that look on his face ya know, "all hail me and my SS" kind of look. those are the kind of people you want to give the one-fingered hello to heh.

ans Topless, my location? absolutely a big factor. their are ALOT of stuck-up people and just plain jerks that drive with a really big chip on their shoulder, but also a few very cool people, so we have both worlds 'round these parts. think is, alot of Mustang owners around here are idiots with liscences as well, and they do they same thing. i just don't understand why some people can be the way they are sometimes.
Old 05-11-2002, 12:09 PM   #8
shadowblue89
Registered Member

Tod
Here in Las Vegas there is not that much of rev's but when there are they are nothing more then saying hello. Just about all Muscle car owners whether it is a late model or a classic are very cool and respectfull here without the usual chevy freak that can't stand anything else.

If someone revs at you when you come up to them and nod, thumbs up or whatever don't take it as an insult take it as a compliment. The revving is just the most standard way of saying "hello, thats a good looking car" or however you want to say it.
Just pay no attention to that chevy attitude guy with the #3 sticker as he will get his in the long run.

89 GT 5spd
shadowblue89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 02:21 PM   #9
Tod
Registered Member

like i said before, i understand the saying hello thing, but it's always been the other way around here, at least with *most* guys. it's hard to see it that way because of the people who i know are jerks rev and i just assume they're saying "i'm better than you" or something to that effect (i know that's wrong of me). rice do it all the time around here, and i know what those guys are all like and they're not saying "hello" heh. but i understand how the muscle car guys would be doing as a respectful gesture. it's just really hard to weed out the bad guys from the good guys, especially around here. i'm gonna have to talk to some of these guys whenever i get the chance and see what they're all about.
Old 05-11-2002, 05:19 PM   #10
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

hey tod, if you see lt-what?, ls-what? boy again ask him if #3 is going to win a race this year, before everyone flame's me, there are so many idiot's with 3 tag's etc on their car still, give the man a break, he's gone, davey allison was one of my favorite driver's but he's gone, i wouldnt even sweat the punk & his rev, you should have rolled your window down, pointed at him & laughed, i do it all the time, no one has shot me- yet, his car is probably an extension of his, well you know.heheh

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 05:31 PM   #11
gtsr515
Registered Member

Trust me it's not disrespect, it's they are afraid of you or RESPECT what your driving, if you want respect, dust him!, he'll respect you then!
Old 05-11-2002, 06:03 PM   #12
Tod
Registered Member

ah, couldn't have beat the SS, no comparison really. the Firebird? no idea if all he had was exhuast but it sounded throaty enough to tell me he had some pop. alot of cars CAN beat me, that's the thing, but i never initiate anything ever. i feel kinda helpless for the time being. but eventually, my baby will be a terror after i do some real mods. mmwwaahahaha *ahem*