MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-19-2002, 02:57 PM   #1
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Default tiss a sad, sad day for the Mustang

Direct from page 22 of the May issue of MM/FF. And I quote

" 2000 Cobra R to compete in FFW Hot Street

What's a road race car doing on a drag strip you ask? Well, Paul Svinicki of Paul's High Performance is Jackson, Mich., has procured a Y2K Cobra R for just that purpose. NMRA rules will not allow the use of the 5.4 liter powerplant, but Paul plans to use the Ford Racing 5.0 motor topped off with the Ford Racing cylinder heads and intake manifold. The Performaance Red racer should be tearing up the track by the time you read this. Paul's High Perfromance will aslo be campaingning its blue 1998 Cobra, as well as Jerry Green's Lighting pickup."

What a bunch of dip wads. Who would do that?!?!??!?! Looks like some one has been standing too close to the micowave. It has a pic of it up on a lift, striped to the bone. I mean GUTTED.

*Josh starts to quitely sob*

1998 HD Electra Elide

Last edited by tireburner163; 03-19-2002 at 03:06 PM..
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 05:41 PM   #2
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

That si just plain dumb! Why take a car that is worth so much money and was enginnered for road racing and turn it into a drag car!?

It is even worse that they arent even gonna use the same engine it came with. WTF!

Later
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 06:24 PM   #3
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Default why oh why

Why didn't the guy just buy a 2000 GT, call up Cervini's and get a Cobra R front splitter, spoiler, and hood?? Why did he use an actual collectable, rare, $55k car that most people would kill to own? I just don't get it...

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 07:50 PM   #4
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I don't know it depends on if he just took a cobra R body and did that or take apart an actual cobra R to make that. Hell i am just jealous that the dude has that much money to be able to do that.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 08:10 PM   #5
Tony Frank
Registered Member

Ok im gonna have to back paul high perf on this one...... those guys are some of the best motor tuners i ever seen. these guys know what they are doin. they burn custom chips and what not....they do it all..jackson is about 2 minutes from my home town...this is how i know them

if you have the money why not take someting that expensive and race it???

ive seen people with nice cobras like 97 or 98 and make them drag cars....those to me are expensive

all i have to say is that the guys at pauls high perf are by far not stupid or dumb......they do some of the best work ive seen.

1985 Mustang GT 19,000 ORIGINAL miles, E-303 cam, edelbrock performer RPM intake, holley 600 cfm carb, MAC headers, windage tray, 8.8 rear end with 4.10 gears, 4"cowl hood, 5lug conversion, 04 Mach1 wheels.

http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?1501
Tony Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 10:55 PM   #6
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

Man i hate it when people do **** like that. Yeah they may be good at tuning cars and what not but still why would you demolish a 55K car 1 of 300 made? It makes it even harder for people who will enjoy it how it is to ever own one. The cobra R is not a drag car and shouldn't be ripped apart tobecome one.

*james joins josh and queitly sobs to himself
Old 03-19-2002, 10:59 PM   #7
tireburner163

Tony Frank: I don't care if they can burn a chip that will give my car 260 hp. They cut up a cobra R, one of the rarest Mustangs of all time. A 97 or 98 Cobra is a nice car and a very cool car, but NOWHERE as collectible or rare as a Cobra R.

69fastback : it is a REAL 2000 Cobra R.

Stang_Crazy: he's not even using the wing or splitter. He ripped all that off, for ET

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 03-19-2002, 11:01 PM   #8
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
69fastback : it is a REAL 2000 Cobra R.
I hope his engine dies a horrible death.

*james gasps and thinks did i just say that?
Old 03-19-2002, 11:44 PM   #9
dirtyGT
Registered Member

I think he'll have hid work cut out for him he'll have to compete with billy lawsoskiy who just had a new ride built right up the road from me and then you have chuck simons.I don't know if you can compete with a mod motor not enough parts yet
92GT explorer intake,gt40 headsF/S#6087
dirtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 12:52 AM   #10
Tony Frank
Registered Member

" It makes it even harder for people who will enjoy it how it is to ever own one"

Did you see him buy it and drive it straight to get demolished? ok he already enjoyed it, didnt like it then wanted to change it

and when he takes his 5.4 cobra R motor and puts it in a fox body everyone is gonna think its the coolest thing around..

tireburner lol thats all i can do.... laugh......ok number 260hp you are sorely mistaken.......try more....and you say that the 97-98 cobra is nice, yea but my point was it is expensive to me just as the cobra r is expensie to everyone else.....my point is when you have money you can do things like this....

my point is that who cares what he does with his money and who cares if he tears apart a car that is worth more than anything we have ever touched. that is his opinion on what is cool

no need whatsoever to call them dip wads or dumb, personal preferance... thats all

1985 Mustang GT 19,000 ORIGINAL miles, E-303 cam, edelbrock performer RPM intake, holley 600 cfm carb, MAC headers, windage tray, 8.8 rear end with 4.10 gears, 4"cowl hood, 5lug conversion, 04 Mach1 wheels.

Old 03-20-2002, 11:53 AM   #11
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

When I read that, I looked up from my magazine, arched an eyebrow and said WTF!

It doesnt make much sense at all. He's ripping all the distinguishing features and marks off the car, ripping the Cobra R specific 5.4 Liter out, and chopping the car up......FOR WHAT? Just to say "Hey, Believe it or not, this use to be a Cobra R." Even though it will probably look like any other mustang.

What would of made alot more sense, for sake of collectibility, is to get a "Body in White" Mustang and go from there. He wouldnt have all those man hours involved in gutting the car, it would already be gutted.

That just doesnt sit well with me, but hey, I'm not the one footin the bill, nor am I the person that thought of the "Bright" idea.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 12:21 PM   #12
Tod
Registered Member

but why would he take Fords RAREST Mustang EVER and gut it just to make a drag car? i mean, if the '00Cobra R wouldn't have only 299 other brothers out there it wouldn't make me really care. but this is a car most of us when we saw it the first time said, "holy crap!!! I'll do ANYTHING to get my hands on that thing".

so he just goes out, buys one and cuts it up?? why would he erase all the distinctive features that makes it the rare Cobra R? why not just go get a regular Cobra from the local dealer? and i don't really care if he "enjoyed it before he gutted it" Mr. Frank. you can do the same thing with a regular Cobra.

hhmm, let's see. i think i'll go get me another extremely rare Mustang -- a '70 Boss 429 SCJ to be exact -- gut it, then turn it into an economy car and sell it to my grandmother......
Old 03-20-2002, 01:13 PM   #13
Tony Frank
Registered Member

hey tod you go and do that with your 70 429 SCJ......or even do it with a shelby GT 500 KR........its your money and time i dont care and im not gonna call you a dumb @$$ for it either

hence.....its his money his car and his time.....

to eveyone who is complaining.....did you guys have one on order then find out that the last one was just sold????? could you have gotten one anyway??? no offense but i dont think so. and if it is that rare they wouldnt have gotten cheaper......

aslo tod you said that you could do that with a reg. cobra.....they already have a normal cobra.. maybe they want to be different

Old 03-20-2002, 01:22 PM   #14
tireburner163

Different? How? By guting it and and ripping out all the Cobra R specific pieces, so that it looks like any other 99+ Cobra?

Tony: could you please explain this to me

"tireburner lol thats all i can do.... laugh......ok number 260hp you are sorely mistaken.......try more...."

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 03-20-2002, 01:33 PM   #15
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Tony - I have to disagree with your point here. When the car is done and ready to race, there will be nothing left that indicates it was a Cobra R. So why start with a Cobra R at all? And what does the fact that you can't afford one have to do with the question of whether it is an outrage or makes sense or not? If someone has the money to buy a Lamborghini just to take it to the wrecker and smash it, does that mean it's not a shame just because he had the money?
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 01:45 PM   #16
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

hey josh, it's his buck's if he want's to screw it up ,oh well ,i cant find that t- bird i told you about , but i can get you an older 302,289, or even a 429 ,let me know the boy lives in nw ga. he probably has a tranny too,you gotta get rid of that pinto engine & have a v-8,hehe let me know.you could have one heckuva sleeper, , btw since i added the k&n drag racing air filter -whhoo hhooo what a a difference,must have added 200 hp now for some rice sticker's for more hp ,not

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 05:40 PM   #17
Tony Frank
Registered Member

first off tireburner you said you didnt care if he could burn you a chip that gave you 260 horse i said ha ha ha because he could burn you a chip that gave you more...... simple as that.

ALL you people ask "why start with a cobra R"

how about why not....... all you say is that it is rare......yes rare but will anyone else have a cobra r out there like his........UM NO

The whole reason i decided to go against you guys is because first off you had no right to call these guys dip wads. and am i calling tireburner a dip wad cause he is wanting to put a V8 in a four banger stang???? no let him do it.

so sorry for upsetting all of you, its just that everyone is open to thier opinion and dont call names when thier opinion doesnt match yours

Old 03-20-2002, 06:07 PM   #18
tireburner163

Tony: First things first. I only want a 260hp chip. Don't wanna break the rear-end

You can't even tell it's a Cobra R. He gutted all the R spec parts(syspention, engine, rear-end). I looks like any other 99+ Cobra. So I ask you? Why a Cobra R, just to undone everthing SVT did.

Ok, I take back calling the whole shop dip wads. I'm sure they do a very good job. However I'm still calling them dip wads for using a Cobra R

Also, I'm not considering a V-8 swap. I was however toying with the idea of a turbo 2.3 swap.

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 03-20-2002, 06:14 PM   #19
Tony Frank
Registered Member

OK cool everything is understood then.

i thought you were gonna swap??? oh well, in my opinion he is making that R more rare by doing what he is doing. a drag R....lol

im done with it though. so anyhow tireburner. you lookin for a rear to put in your car. i have one with 3:55 gears.......its a 7.5 though he he, but its still for sale!!

Old 03-20-2002, 10:32 PM   #20
tireburner163

Tony: that's ok I have 3.73's stock

1998 HD Electra Elide