MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-28-2002, 11:31 PM   #1
red5.0
Registered Member

Angry too all the ones here who dont like the fast and the furious!

why do all of you talk soo much junk about the fast and the furious??? i enjoyed the movie. i mean sure it wasnt PERFECT but what movie is? i dont see where yall think it is a stupid movie, everyone around including mee thought it was an awesome movie and cant wait till part 2 comes out. just thought i'd ask why yall hated it soo much. could it be cuz there 10 sec. cars could out run you 12 sec. cars??? dont mean to start anything by this if you know what i mean
Old 01-28-2002, 11:39 PM   #2
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

It was a good movies but it would have been a LOT better with different cars in it.

P.S. Yea, I'm sure all the cars ran 10 seconds. What does it take to get a Honda in the 10's now a days window tint and a K&N. In the movie they said the had like 100,000 dollars under the hood and they ONLY run 10's. Hell a mustang would be in the 6's or 7's for that

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 11:48 PM   #3
Back Seat Driver
Registered Member

I personally disliked the movie for the most part because it was to advertised. And because it *Brain Washed* more people into wanting to build a Rice Rocket..

All in all i GUESS it was Alright movie..

Have you saw the behind the scense?? because if you didn't it says that A-LOT of the the scense had the cars being pult behind trucks .

but yeah i enjoyed the movie for a good laugh and to pass the time..
BUT ONE NOTE " DO NOT NNOT NOT NOT! PUT THAT MOVIE ON SURROUND SOUND!"

Nik
Old 01-29-2002, 12:05 AM   #4
srv1
Get down.....

Thumbs down Fast and the Worst....

ONE WORD.....

NOS!

thats all i have to say about that........
Old 01-29-2002, 01:02 AM   #5
1965GTO
Registered Member

When they said they had $100,000 in that rx7 engine that is called BS. No way could you spend that much on that POS. Why did a 650hp Supra have to use NOS to race a stock Ferrari?
1965GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 01:03 AM   #6
Unit 5302
Registered Member

There were serious inaccuracies about the performance of those cars in the movie. A turbo N20 Jetta would likely run 13's, not 10's. Although I'm sure there is an Eclipse in the 10's somewhere, most have to ditch the stock stuff when they hit the 12's cause they can't hold together. The fastest rotory RX7 in the world could barely get into the 9's just a year or so ago. I'm talking like 9.96. That was in a drag setup.

Other than the cars being wrong, it brings street racing into the light as an operation run by hooligans and serious criminals. It paints a bad picture of those of us just looking for fun when the track is better than $100 and over 3hrs away.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 11:53 AM   #7
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs down The Fast and the Fake

red5.0:

This thread is borderline acceptable to begin with and your comment about the '10-second cars' in The Fast and The Furious being able to outrun 'our 12-second cars' is begging for flames. If that happens, this thread is toast as we have been all over this ancient subject on these forums many times before but - as you are a new member - I'll cut you some slack here and attempt to respond to your questions.

As Unit 5302 and others mentioned, the film makes street racing look like highly-organized and murderously dangerous activity dominated by various criminal types including drug dealers. That's BS but a lot of folks buy into the concept and it makes real street racers look bad - and criminal - to the average person.

As for the cars; it was a movie and movies are routinely faked when it comes to cars. It's also highly inaccurate with the performance of the Japanese cars that dominate the films.
It was obviously written by people who have only a passing knowledge of high-performance automobiles and anyone who believes that putting a Nitrous Oxide kit in mom's Civic and then adding a farting exhaust, 18 gauges and some 'racing stickers' will have you running 10's or whatever, is totally naive or deluded - or both.

Yet The Fast and the Furious gives that impression. It's a lie. Nitrous Oxide won't make a 17-second car a 10 or even a 12 - second car and overuse will quickly destrioy the engine. But those are facts and not much fun so they got left out of the movie.

Our main objection to it is that it lied about fast cars and the capability of 4-cylinder cars in particular. Your comment on the lead post confirms that you're another person who bought the lies and think every Honda with a 'NOS' sticker is some awesome machine that will eat V-8 Mustangs for lunch. There are a lot of sadder but wiser Japanese-car drivers out there who have found out differently over the past six months. Stickers and coffee-can exhausts don't mean squat. It's what's under the hood that counts. A Nitrous Oxide System (what NOS stands for, BTW) isn't under every Honda's hood and most Mustangs with mods will do 13's (many do 12's) which is about what a modified nitrous-equipped 4-cylinder will do. No problem.

We liked the action and the racing in F&F was O.K. but it was just so inaccurate as well as making racers look like criminals that it lost it's appeal - fast. However, we're not furious, just annoyed and disappointed.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 12:06 PM   #8
mustangdani55
Registered Member

Well here is my $.02
I will definately look at the supra this weekend at World of Wheels, as I have a exhibitor booth there, and 2 cars in competition. It will be there, so i am checkin it out..mostly to look at the paint job, but I will check it out. If it is like the other show cars, it is a copy, and not THE car in the movie.

BTW mr 5 0.. Right again!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2002, 12:15 PM   #9
69fastback
IRAQ VET

If the movie didn't have so called street racing in it. I would have liked it. 99% of the people on mustangworks are not found of ricers and that is what the movie was about. I get so sick of all these ricers that run 10s when it just doesn't happen very often. Even here in southern califronia where there a probaly more ricers than anywhere when i went to the street leagal drags on saturday the fastest import was 14.5 now that is what the movie should have had.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 12:55 PM   #10
Tony Frank
Registered Member

ok ok ok, so it was a little unreal but still in the movie gone in 60 seconds, the gt500 that hit the n20 for about a minute and a half, jumping over that semi and landing then driving away, come on guys you didnt even poke fun at that movie, and by the way i have seen a turboed jetta with n20 run way faster than 13's, so how about everyone quits makin fun of what everyone else drives and just admire them for trying
(not trying to start an argument, just expressing how i feel)

1985 Mustang GT 19,000 ORIGINAL miles, E-303 cam, edelbrock performer RPM intake, holley 600 cfm carb, MAC headers, windage tray, 8.8 rear end with 4.10 gears, 4"cowl hood, 5lug conversion, 04 Mach1 wheels.

http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?1501
Tony Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 01:35 PM   #11
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

[QUOTE]
...so how about everyone quits makin fun of what everyone else drives and just admire them for trying...

Tony:

The Fast and the Furious isn't about 'trying' - it's about lying.
That's the point.

There is a U.S. muscle-car V-8 camp and a Japanese/Europe 4-cylinder camp in street racing. The Fast and the Furious is a movie that depicts street racing as being dominated by insanely modified 4-cylinder cars that run 10's and then take a cruise around town. That's dishonest and annoying to Mustangers who work hard to run 12's and still be streetable, as many are.

It's a 'ricer' film and it's bogus.

Yes, as I stated in my previous post, ALL 'car' movies fake stuff and that includes Bullitt and Gone in 60 Seconds. We know that, Tony. We make fun of them, too, but enjoy those films because it's 'our' cars up there on the screen doing absurd things that we wish they could do.

Fast and Furious was a 'ricer' film, and I'm certain the messageboards on the 'ricer' websites are loaded with ohhh 's and ahhhh's and pages of comments about how wonderful (and accurate) the movie was. So what?

This is a Mustang site and we don't care much for little grocery-getters with puky 4-cylinder engines that run 17's on a good day pretending to be 'fast' cars.

A V-8 Mustang is fast, even stock, and when modded (without Nitrous Oxide or turbos) it can easily run 12's N/A. Honda's don't do that. We prefer Mustangs.

Everyone is free to do what they can with what they have, Japanese or American car, 4 cylinder or V-8 but it doesn't mean we at Mustang Works have to pretend that the film in question (F&F) was anywhere near accurate about the cars depicted or the nature of street racing in general.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 01:36 PM   #12
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Turbo N20 Jetta's faster than 13's. I'm sure it's possible, but one of the most reputable members on the boards was at one of the speed shops in CA. They had a turboed N20 Jetta right there, and they said it was running mid 13's. Quite frankly, I believe it.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 03:12 PM   #13
1965GTO
Registered Member

I enjoyed the fast and the furious and I enjoyed both gone in 60 seconds and a bunch of other car movies even though I wouldn't call any of them great movies. When you watch a movie you just have to ignore the mistakes and BS or there won't be many movies of any type that you will like if you know much. There is only one great movie in my opinion that also showed car culture and that is American Graffitti. And I noticed a few mistakes in it also. The movie is totally believable, but if you watch close you will find mistakes such as seeing Carol in the 32 coupe for a second in a scene that takes place before she ever started riding with him. The scene where two guys tell John Milner that the cops are at Jerry's Cherry's.
1965GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 03:44 PM   #14
7000rpmisheaven
Registered Member

quote:
"could it be cuz there 10 sec. cars could out run you 12 sec. cars??? "

Ricers seem to think that a car is fast if it has nitrous and isn't if it doesn't. Mr 5.0 said it all. Why take a car that is slow and try to make it fast. Why not take a car that is fast and make it faster.
milodon water pump, FMS 9mm wires, aluminum driveshaft, king cobra clutch
7000rpmisheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 04:36 PM   #15
Tony Frank
Registered Member

gee i must have forgotten that the mustang is god.......whatever guys im done with this post............

1985 Mustang GT 19,000 ORIGINAL miles, E-303 cam, edelbrock performer RPM intake, holley 600 cfm carb, MAC headers, windage tray, 8.8 rear end with 4.10 gears, 4"cowl hood, 5lug conversion, 04 Mach1 wheels.

Old 01-29-2002, 04:57 PM   #16
mustang17
Registered Member

7000rpm-

Why take a car that is slow and try to make it fast? Well, I'm gonna make my car faster. Stock my car is soooo slow and I know it. I could have picked a much faster car, like the S2000, but I've always wanted a Benz. I can't wait to see the look on the face of my first victim (when my Kleemann kit arives!) I'd imagine it's the same look you get from the guy in the Ls1 when you hand him his *** in a Mustang.

I agree that 10 sec four bangers are few and far between, but with the money you can do anything!

The best part of the movie was when the floor board fell off durring the first race! Now that car has some power!

NEW! Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Red/Black. Kleemann boost increase on the way!
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 05:04 PM   #17
SSMOKEM
Registered Member

Even though I could the father of everyone in that movie, I still enjoyed it, specifically the scenes with the cars running.

Of course, some of it was ridiculous, and the sad part is that many kids watching it believed everything. But then, you have to remember that if your 1st car runs 18s, and your next car runs 15s, it will seem ungodly fast......

I know a lot of the import kids at Orlando Speedworld, and they are for the most part quite knowledgable. It's the ones that never go to the track who think that theirs is the fastest thing on 4 wheels.

1995 DCM Impala SS "Cherry Bomb"

Mods: 93% stock
Best ETs: Faster than my 1965 Chevy Pickup

My Super Impala SS Website
SSMOKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 06:08 PM   #18
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Frank
gee i must have forgotten that the mustang is god.......whatever guys im done with this post............
That's right boy. Mustang IS god. Of course, because this is a mustang board, we've been talking about mustangs. But really the Camero, Firebird, Corvette, Viper, Saleen, Roush, Lamborgini, Ferrari and Porche and several others could also hand many, many imports there ***. I wonder, do you go to each of the above enthusiast boards and make such stupid comments?

We don't talk about this stuff because we own Mustangs, we say it because it is based in reallity, physics, and logic. I feel sorry to the poeple in this world that have to have such a sore attitude when they figure this out, or even worse when they act stupid and childish trying to ignore it.

But what do I know, I'm just another guy that thinks Mustangs are GOD.

It's funny how common sense and logic seem to escape some people, isn't it?

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 07:56 PM   #19
Tod
Registered Member

it's all in the eye of the beholder. it's all about likes and dislikes. pop quiz; on a Mustang board, what is the biggest subject, based on tastes of the posters? CORRECT!!!! MUSTANGS!!! YAAAY.

the TRUE import guys who are knowledgeable enthusiasts love their cars and are VERY passionate about the little liters pumping out power. those import guys love their cars just as much and know just as much about imports as you guys do about our American Muscle. it's all about the tastes of the average human being.

and lastly, it's hollywood. a car movie is still a movie. Gone in 60 secs was not believable in some parts, but we for the most part loved it becuase of the cars and they way those crazy people drove those things to their limit. it's entertainment. the only way to watch something on the big screen having to do with cars as the main subject with alot of truth in it, is if it would be a documentary with real people, real cars, and real timeslips. not computer generation, not cars on trailers made to look going 120mph, not statements about a car having 100,000 dollars under the freaking hood, not 2 minute shots of nitrous, not 5 minute 1/4mi racing scenes, not a car jumping over a mile of accident. you want 100% naked truth in a movie? go get a video camera, take it somewhere that has fast cars racing for money, pink slips, bragging rights or good old fashioned respect and fun. then add some witty comments, cool music and take it somewhere where they'll put it up for everyone to pay to see. it's the only way.

and by the way, an RX-7 is an incredible car, as is a Supra, and next to a mustang are my next choices to own. i'm an enthusiast, and i also like to be entertained. to each his own.....
Old 01-29-2002, 08:46 PM   #20
Tony Frank
Registered Member

ok 95mustanggt, your way out of hand, i didnt say that i dont love mustangs but im saying there is no need to put down the "ricers" that just makes us lower than they are. just out of respect i keep my opinions to myself, because we all hate when a civic owner comes on here and puts down mustangs. YES I KNOW THIS IS A MUSTANG WEBSITE and i love mustangs thats why im here, ssooooooo lets keep the rude comments to ourselfs

I though we were all mature, BTW i am young, 95mustanggt, but i dont have to stoop down to criticisim