MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Took My RACIE to the Em. Vet Hospital 2nite!! (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=32912)

Topless In Texas 01-07-2003 12:36 AM

Took My RACIE to the Em. Vet Hospital 2nite!!

1 Attachment(s)
***Sniff, Sniff*** :(
Well, Me and cc took Racie for her 3rd set of shots this evening...took her to the house, then went Grocery shopping. While I was cooking dinner, we were thinking that she was AWFULLY QUIET. Usually when I have the other 2 dogs(the Poms) shes running around the house terrorizing them to death! :confused:

Well, she was laying in Kindes basket in the living room and cc says, "mommy her nose looks funny!". And sure enough, her nose and mouth are COMPLETELY SWELLED UP...and shes got hives on her and bumps all over her head. I FREAKED. :eek:
They gave her a cortisone shot...she cried soooo bad! I've had them before myself for those type of allerigic reactions, and I know how miserable and painful that type of swelling is not to mention the harpoon that they stick you with!

Shes still puffy, and I think her ears are pretty swollen to. Gave her a benadryl about an hour or so ago...shes resting now in my lap...:) I hate to leave her tomorrow for work, but I have too. I'm hoping the Cortisone will kick in before morning. I'll come home at lunch and check on her. Heres a couple of pics of my poor, sweet, swollen baby....:( :(
TNT :(

Topless In Texas 01-07-2003 12:40 AM

My Poor baby...

1 Attachment(s)
THANK GOD my Daughter is a VERY healthy kid, I could not deal w/ it any other way!!! :D
Heres another shot of Racie...she looks so sad and pitiful...
:(TNT:(

01-07-2003 12:46 AM

They have any idea whats wrong with Racie?

Topless In Texas 01-07-2003 12:56 AM

:(

Evidently she reacted to her 3rd set of Puppy Shots...Shes due for her last set and Rabies in 3 weeks! :eek:
Im calling my Vet in the a.m. to tell him...he is WONDERFUL!!! He gave me his home # a long time ago for if there is ever any problems w/ my dogs off hours, but I lost it in the move.. Hes been Kinde and KoKo's vet for almost 11 years. I'm scared now to get her last set of shots. But, hopefully this was a one time thing...next time I think i will do it on Friday morning, when i know I can be here w/ her all weekend.
TNT :(

Topless In Texas 01-07-2003 02:04 AM

aaawwhhhh!

1 Attachment(s)
Racie decided she was tired of my lap and wanted to do some 'bonding' w/ KoKo...LOL..I guess for giving him so much HELL today! Its hysterical 2 watch these 2 together!!!! Hes still got alot of energy for being 10 1/2. And hes put up w/ her shi* pretty well....shes fiesty! (not so much now!) :(
Thought this was cute. :) BTW: Kinde is in bed w/ Caitlin. She does not have a whole lot of energy anymore. She will be 11 in 2 1/2 weeks, and Caitlin will be 10 in 12 days. Those 3 have grown up together! :D
TNT:)

DAN-MAN 01-07-2003 02:02 PM

Cute dog. What breed is she TNT?

Daniel.

1969Mach1 01-07-2003 03:05 PM

Hope she feels better, she sure does look cute all swelled up though. hehehe.... I want to get another dog but I'm sure my dog wouldn't like that to much, although if we got a new puppy she would act like it's mother. My uncle's cat had a litter of kittens a year or so back and he brought them all over. And my dog took care of them like they were her own. When he took them back home, she was so sad, she went around the house looking for them. It was pretty cute. :D

§am.

D7M8 01-07-2003 03:23 PM

Oh, I'm sorry your pup is all swollen, Miss TNT. Are you sure it didn't get into anything else besides its shots? My pup(a collie) was bit by a spider and looked like a chow. I'd look at her and get the giggles. I couldn't help it. Poor thing. I hope your puppy gets better soon!

MissBlondie 01-07-2003 03:26 PM

awww poor puppers.... looks sad... i want a puppy now.. i have a kitty.. but awwww... :p

DAN-MAN 01-07-2003 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MissBlondie
awww poor puppers.... looks sad... i want a puppy now.. i have a kitty.. but awwww... :p
I got one I'll sell you. Do you like blue healers? :D

Daniel.

MissBlondie 01-07-2003 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DAN-MAN

Daniel.

what's that look like?

Topless In Texas 01-08-2003 12:08 AM

:)

Thanks Ya'll for your well wishes!!!! :)
She is doing a little better toinght. She is not as swollen, still a little, and her bumps on her head have gone down alot. She got her benadryl 3 times today, I KNOW it has to help. I can only imagine how miserable she's been...Wish my 'numbskull' would go away too, its to the point of being aggravating now. Its not much better. :mad:
Well, I'm exausted. I"m going to bed. Just wanted ya'll to know that shes doing better tonight.
BTW Dan, she is a chiwauwah. 4 months old. And Unfortunately, she needs ONE More set of shots and her rabies in 3 weeks...:( Were pretty sure it was her shots she reacted to. She just looked so pitiful!
Thanks ya'll....Gnite! :cool:

:)TNT:)<-----------sawing logs SHORTLY!

tireburner163 01-08-2003 12:26 AM

Quote:

Daniel.

Blue healers are AWESOME. Very smart and active dogs.

DAN-MAN 01-08-2003 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tireburner163
Blue healers are AWESOME. Very smart and active dogs.
They sure are Josh. Miss Blondie, blue healers are cattle dogs. They make great pets. Some are very protective too. They're a mix of dalmations, Australian dingo's, and some kind of English herding dog. I'll try to post a pic of mine sometime tommorow. He's 10 1/2 too and just worthless.

Daniel.

MissBlondie 01-09-2003 10:49 AM

Quote:

They sure are Josh. Miss Blondie, blue healers are cattle dogs. They make great pets. Some are very protective too. They're a mix of dalmations, Australian dingo's, and some kind of English herding dog. I'll try to post a pic of mine sometime tommorow. He's 10 1/2 too and just worthless.

Daniel.

Hmm, that's a little bit bigger of a dog than I'm looking for. I really have been considering buying a puppy. But I want a cocker spaniel or a lil doggy. Post up pics though. I love animals!

~Jillian :p

DAN-MAN 01-09-2003 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MissBlondie
Hmm, that's a little bit bigger of a dog than I'm looking for. I really have been considering buying a puppy. But I want a cocker spaniel or a lil doggy. Post up pics though. I love animals!

~Jillian :p

http://members.mustangworks.com/danman/blue.jpg

Here's a pic of one of my old dogs (now passed away.). His name was Blue and was about 10 when we lost him. He was such a good natured dog. He loved to play fetch.

http://members.mustangworks.com/danman/rem.jpg

This one is named Rem. He's 10.5 years old right now. If you've noticed the eyes by now your probably wondering what the heck is wrong with him. He's got glass eys. It's a mutation or something that he was born with. He doesn't have any problems with them, that I know of. We almost lost him a few years back to heartworms. Thankfully though, we've still got him. He still has to take some medication once a month to prevent them from coming back. He also has eptileptic seizures. I guess it's a side effect of the heartworms. Oh well, he's a good old dog.

Hope you've enjoyed the pics.

Daniel.