MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-20-2005, 04:13 AM   #1
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Cool Topless got 'OVERHAULED'

hey ya'll....
I guess yall know I have been non existant on any message boards. But, after this weeked, I have to come out and share this with ya'll....

I have had such an emotional and happy weekend. I had NO IDEA that for the past month, Steve, Paul and Col. Dan were conspiring to 'OVERHAUL' my weathered Topless for my 40th birthday! Originally, Paul was wanting to get my seats recovered. But, then Steve knew of a friend of ours whose seats that I wanted, and he wanted to sell to me, I just could not afford them. They are off of a '04 Cobra. Black leather and grey suede. THEY ARE LIKE BRAND NEW! Steve and Paul picked them up last week, and Dan bought me new carpet for my car. About 6 others pitched in and gave me about $300 to spend on her. I am going next weekend, to get 2 new back tires.

Steve is out of town, and Paul was sailing last weekend(we are still friends, obviously). Me and Dan worked on my car last Sat. all day and evening at his house. His GT350 and Vette you can see covered in his garage. Then, me, Dan and Paul finished it up about 2pm on Sunday. We had some problems with the top. It did not want to go up. They found the connection to the brake, to say its okay for the top to go up was loose, and we had problems with the Alarm engaging itself, and NONE of my 3 clickers would work! After 3 hours of fighting the alarm, and dreading hearing that Godforsaken 'chirp' of it arming itself, Paul finally got the alarm to disengage, and bypassed it. If the clickers dont work, it shuts down my fuel and I am going nowhere! One of the first things I do, is go and get that damn alarm OUT of my car. I never use it and it drives me insane. And, I dont want to take the chance of this happening again.

I never ever expected this, and I have been beside myself all weekend and a loss for words, if you can BELIEVE THAT!!!! I feel so blessed by all of my good friends, and I cant tell you how it feels now to drive my car! IT FEELS LIKE A NEW CAR! I still have some things I need to fix, I have no A/C and my visors are torn to shreds. But, I am VERY ANXIOUS to take it out next weekend, for our Friday and Sat. night cruises if the hurricane does not dump too much rain. I have not watched the weather today. I am driving Steves truck for the week, till he gets back. I hauled 18 boxes out of the Hangar Monday, with Caitlin, since I am not selling my house. I have been working alot more, and am keeping now keeping my house from hell. My top is still leaking, so for this week, if we get dumped on like we are supposed to, I am not going to drive my car. I dont want to mess up my new interior.

It is BEAUTIFUL, and the pics DONT pay it justice. I will get some more pics in the sun. I just wanted to share this with ya'll. Im still trying to wind down from the weekend....

Heres the link to the pics...
http://community.webshots.com/album/399026501HbMKKO

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 01:41 PM   #2
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs up Re: Topless got 'OVERHAULED'

Congratulations Christine!

Your GT looks mint again and you are justified in your pride in her.

Good friends are hard to find and it's even harder to have them willingly work on your car for you! You are twiced-blessed.

Enjoy.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:42 PM   #3
danistanggt
Registered Member

Default Re: Topless got 'OVERHAULED'

i was thinkin about where you were the other day, that since i've been back around, i hadn't seen your name pop up anywhere. how the hell are ya? i am sure you are getting rain, but the brunt went down south and padre.. didn't it?

don't be a stranger...
danistanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:35 PM   #4
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Looks awesome!! Glad you got her looking great again

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:37 PM   #5
Capri306

Woo, that's hot.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 09:33 PM   #6
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Love those seats! Single best reason to buy an '01 Cobra. Second best reason to buy an '03 or '04 Cobra, hehe.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 04:58 PM   #7
7DMACH1
Registered Member

That is sooooo cool!!!
7DMACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 12:02 AM   #8
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Smile Re: Topless got 'OVERHAULED'

THANKS YALL!
Well, I washed it this morning before work, (it LOOKED like it would be sunny!) and drove it to work. It POURED all frigin' day!!!! Luckily, it did not leak. I guess the wind was blowing (or not blowing) just right. I should have just parked it back in the garage, and took the truck to work. Did not make the Park tonight, rain. I know, I will have to EVENTUALLY drive it in the pouring rain when it will leak. I am going to invest in some nice big towels, (that match of corse) and some plastic to carry with me.
If it is NOT raining tomorrow...(its been raining here now for about 8 days straight), we are all planning on going to Chic Filet for our Sat. night cruise.
Also, Tomy Hammon that owns the Hammon dealerships, called me on Tues. Hes a club member, and a very good friend. He told me to let him know which tires I want, and what size, and he will get them to me at his COST!!!!! (he gets them directly from the manufacturer for his Dealership!) I was blown away, again!
Ive had a really hard time w/ this birthday, and all the guys have been SO WONDERFUL TO ME THIS PAST WEEK!!!! My car even feels like it drives better, but I know its just because the seats feel so good, and they are so nice!!!! The inside of my car now smells like leather, instead of mold. I will try to get some nice pics out in the sun this weekend, if we ever see any. (sun)
thanks again for the thumbs up. It really does feel good to feel good about my car again. Hopefully in time, I'll get the A/C fixed, my broken Odometer replaced, and new visors, and I will be a happy camper.
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 04:24 AM   #9
danistanggt
Registered Member

you have some AWESOME friends!!!!!

be careful and don't float away...did u build an ark yet?????
danistanggt is offline   Reply With Quote