MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-03-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
v8vinny
Registered Member

Default A tragic end to a mustangs life. PLEASE READ.

ok i have a 2003 black Mach 1, that i saved up since 03 to get and i finally picked one up in november of 07. Now you all know the love we have for these cars, mustangs. i put my heart and soul into this car, i babied the hell out of it, i cleaned it more than anything, kept my racing to the track, everything bye the book and then some. Here is where it gets sad. . .
Sunday evening (11/31/08) around 4:30 i was driving down a road in my little town in jersey, headed toward and intersection. I was rollin at about 10 miles an hour no one was what behind, or anywhere around, i was just rollin around. as i approached the light i looked up at it, mean while it was it was raining and cloudy and slighly foggy but that may have just been the window. So like i said i look up for the light and i didnt see a red light and looked and saw no one comeing cuz i always check behind a tow truck driver and cautius, so i continued creeping on through the light, now this is one of those crappy blind corners.
As my wheels just cross the cross walk i look left and there is a Audi Q7 headed right at me at about easy 45 mph, i cut right and tried to get out of his way but his tank wasnt swerving. As he smashed into my drivers door, and the window blew out all over me and i then got hit by my door panel hit me in the head, yeah, i knew it was bad.
He pushed me into the other lane where i tapped into another car, and he wound up on a front lawn up a 5 foot embankment. after i realized this wasnt a sick dream and saw my windshield shatter and my left from fender crushed like a beer can and my door pushing in on my shouler, I was about to climb out my window and kill this guy. My friend and his girlfriend were with me, and he says i think we had the red. So i slid back in my window i was already half way out of and wanted to burst into tears.
You see though i knew something was wrong here. We open the passenger door and i had to climb out it. And oh yea on my way out i noticed that my dashboard was cracked and split. i get out of the car and i almost got sick looking at it, the car was done. the bumper cover was about 25 feet away from the car the front fender, shredded, the windshield done, the door was wedged shut but looked like it was open, the door sill was pushed in i kid you not 8 inches the quarter panel caved in the roof. . . Buckled.
i could not beleive what i was seeing, i knew it wasnt right. so the cops come and all that fun stuff but being a tow truck operator and a mechanic, when the first tow truck came the driver knew me so we rigged her up as carefully as possible, yea i dont no why but its still my baby, and brought her down to my shop.
that whole night was horrible couldnt sleep just kept picturing it happening and missing my car like i just lost a family memeber. So i go to work the next morning and i know the car is totaled, so as much as it killed me to i started to take off some of my upgraded stuff that i had original stuff to replace with, and i couldnt help but cry, yes real men do cry. Just knowing all the hours i put in to build this car how i wanted to and now its going to a junk pile somewhere, with ungodly amounts of upgrades that i cant take out cuz i dont have the original stuff.
just to name a few so you know how sick i feel talking about it let alone having to do it. Aluminum drive shaft, 4:33 gears, billet yukon gear and axle posi unit, heavy duty axles, eibach prokit springs, steeda full length subframes. mrt two cat H-pipe, SLP loudmouth cat back. just to name a few things.
OK. also anyone who drives a mustang here is a must. . . steeda full length weld in subframes with seat bracket brace. THESE SAVED MY LIFE!!!!!!! if it wasnt for these the car would have bent in half more then it did and i garantee that i would have been in the hospital.
so after i tow it out of the bay and tuck it away and cover it to wait for the insurance guy to come look at it, i get a phone call, THIS IS WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING . a good friend of mine who works for the D.P.W. in my little town, calls me ot see how im doing blah blah blah, and says "well vin i have some news thats guna brighten your day" and im like let me guess you saved a bunch of money on your car insurance by switching to gieco? no..
He goes on to tell me that the traffic light where i went through cuz i never saw red, never was red, wana know why? THE RED LIGHT FACING ME WAS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i felt like dieing right then and there, i knew something wasnt right at that accident scene and why the cops rushed me out of there. Turns out my friend was on stand by that weekend for the town and the POLICE called in multiple times saying that the light was out. But no one ever dispatched stand by. Hmmm....
Yes i went and i got pics and videos of the light not working at the very corner where my poor car got totaled. So i then went to the police station to ask if that would be on the police report, and the answer i get was "well ya no vin, we didnt give you that speeding ticket because of who you and your father are" by the way we just do duty tow for the town, other than that were just like anyone else. "and the reason why stand by wasnt sent out to fix the light right away i because the other light was still working and the call two guys out to change a bulb and cost the town 350 dollars in over time isnt worth it" yea that was all said by a higher ranking officer of my towns police force whos name i wont say for now.
So i geuss saving 350 dollars in tax payers money wasnt worth the possibility of 9 people dieng that day in that accident. And geuss what isnt on the police report. THAT THE RED LIGHT ON THE CORNER THAT I WENT THROUGH WAS NOT ON AT THE TIME OF THE ACCICDENT OR FOR THREE DAYS PRIOR OR THE NEXT MORNING AT 11:51 a.m. WHEN I GOT PICTURES AND VIDEO OF IT!
All im sayin is this situation sucks and im glad everyone was ok, and im glad i was not hurt physically, and i just wanted you all to know my story and the unrightful death of my poor poor car.
-Vinny C.

i dont know how to upload pictures on this site but if your interested and would like ill send you some pics my email is
vcsd69@aol.com

Last edited by v8vinny; 12-03-2008 at 08:12 PM.. Reason: added pic
v8vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #2
cklincoln
Registered Member

Default Re: A tragic end to a mustangs life. PLEASE READ.

wow that really sux
cklincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:19 PM   #3
bmxmon
Registered Member

Default Re: A tragic end to a mustangs life. PLEASE READ.

Thats a bummer man. Glad you're ok though. Btw, if you want to attache a photo you can click 'go advanced' and there is a place to 'manage attachments.' Otherwise you can use a photobucket account or similar service. Best of luck with the insurance company, hope you'll have another stang in no time!