MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-25-2002, 01:18 PM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Exclamation Now People are revving as they go by my House!

Okay, This is getting kinda ridiculous. I'm starting to have people rev at me as they drive by my house when I'm outside.

While me and Tim C were working on a Pontiac Sunbird (my sisters best friends car...rigging up the cooling fan) in my DRIVE WAY, I noticed what sounded like a screaming Keebler Elf (The kinda scream a Keebler Elf would do if he was kicked between the legs by a Human).

Me and Tim C looked up to see a Red Pontiac Grand Am with a big spoiler and Big Jappanesse Text on the hood slow down. The guy reved like 2 more times and tried to take off. Me and Tim C just looked at each other and I said...."I dont believe it. Did that just really Happen. Someone just did a ricer fly by on a House."

Tim C said "I dont know, I'm having trouble coming to terms with it to man." We then just shook our heads and went back to work.

Since that has happened, I've had at least 7 diffrent cars rev at me as they go by MY HOUSE. Ranging from LS-1 Birds, to LS-1 Z28's, LT-1 Z28's, a 4.6 Cobra, a Saturn with a huge wing, a riced out V6 99+ Stang, to a Honda that was riced.

I'm wondering why. This weekend while I was using the riding Lawn Mower I saw one of the offenders (The LS-1 Z28) coming so I turned the mower so he'd get grass and dirt blown on him as he drove by. He didnt like that. Hehehehe.

I just got reved at while outside smoking a cigarette by another Z28..A black one. Whats up with that.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 01:23 PM   #2
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Talking Zoom, Zoom, Zoom

You're just a rev magnet, Merc and your fame is spreading.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 01:44 PM   #3
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Good stuff. If I'm ever out your way I'll throw you a couple of revs.
5 speed 302-Cobra Intake-GT40p heads-TFS stage 1 cam-FRPP 1.6 roller rockers-3:73 gears-KYB shocks and struts-Eibach Pro-kit-HPM Mega-bite upper and lower control arms-FRPP aluminum driveshaft-16x8 Chrome Cobra Rs

R.H.C. #14
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 02:10 PM   #4
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

your 5.0 lawnmower must have made the challenge, or your 4.6 tar & nicotine cigarette, look out man,jk, i get butthead's revving as they drive past my house, i guess just because they see my stang in the driveway, it's annoying as h---- , im selling anyway & moveing up on the mtn's, take care merc

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 02:34 PM   #5
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

I get alot of revs too, probably because of two sweet fast stangs, and a Ninja sitting out front!
I like it!
Old 04-25-2002, 02:49 PM   #6
01silverstreak

Thats the reason I stopped racing people in town. There was the one kid with a neon expresso debaged than rebadged sport. Anyway he would go out of his way everyday when he went to his friends house and drive past and let out a couple of farts. Anyway, he did it one night at like 12am during the week. Now i have to be at work at 4am so I am well into dreamland at 12am. Needless to say I was woken up by the swarm of bees, jumped out of bed to see him down the block. After a couple of days of this crap I followed him home in my moms truck. Found out where he lived, than on my way to work the next morning (3:30) i backed into his driveway and nailed it. Needless to say he doesnt drive by anymore.
But on the other hand I have friends with stangs that when we drive by each others house we will toss a 2500rpm rev just to say whats up but that doesnt happen after 9pm. Got to have respect for others!
Old 04-25-2002, 04:36 PM   #7
vtec8ter
Registered Member

Post awww man

dude. it sounds like your infamous. sounds like you need to break out the fly swatter and lay the smack down. here is what i would do. go to the bank friday night. and tell anyone who has questions to bring their money and get it on. period. then get INFAMOUS on a custom plate. eat the rice. i know i would.
vtec8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 06:10 PM   #8
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Default dude

i got to come over and see this. lol I guess out of all the cars that reved at you u have never raced cause i dont think they would rev at you then but dang a saturn and a grand am.

mike
admin of
www.v8tec.com
mike_navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 07:12 PM   #9
rbatson

Smile Well, everyone is doing it..

I guess I need to do a 'drive-by' next time I'm in Fayetteville.
Old 04-25-2002, 09:25 PM   #10
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Hmmm... I think it's more of the "hey, what's up?" rev going on. I've had stangers give me the rev as we pass each other going the opposite way, just as a passing greeting.

I doubt they are indicating they would like to race, except for the idiot ricer trying to show off his Grand Am, lol.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 10:20 PM   #11
1fastchick
Registered Member

Sry I will stop reving at ya when I come by

I notice that people just like stop in front my house when I am working on the bike and then the guy with the new turbo busa up the street revs his race exhaust (very ear splitting) But its more fun when the ricers come buy and rev hehe. They seem to disappear when I get my gear on to go for a ride?? Maybe its the full leathers

www.cycleforums.com

1968 Fastback "Gidget"
1fastchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 10:20 PM   #12
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I dont know what it is. When ever me and Tim C go to fast food places or Grocery Stores (mostly on our side of town, but it has happened in other locations), there's always someone there that says...Wow..Your the Two Mustang Guys. I've seen you all out before. Or something to that affect. ITs like me and him are the Dukes of 401 (Ramsey St)

I dont recongnize any of the cars as victims of mine. We'll, when the Grand Am drove by there were 3 Mustangs sitting outside. Tim's (Which was washed and shiny) My old 64 1/2 which was also washed and shiny, and my 2000 GT (Yep...Shiny to) so I can kinda see why he might of reved.

But the other people are people I dont know at all, and most of them look like High School kids. One of these days......

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Old 04-26-2002, 03:01 AM   #13
Mach 1
Registered Member

And I thought I lived in a small ho-dunk town..lol.

Get out and go back to the burgh' man.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 04:45 AM   #14
PKRWUD

Merc, I guess you didn't know. You're address was published in the 2002 edition of The Fayetteville Racer's Gazette. It's kinda like a "map of the stars homes". Look for it in the paper machine in front of Dunkin Donuts.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 10:54 AM   #15
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

LOL PKRWUD

Thats pretty good man. The cops probably got the most current issue also.

I'm sure the title following, or preccedding my name would be "Fayettevilles Biggest *******...That also Races!". Maybe thats why everyone points and laughs as they go by. j/k
Old 04-26-2002, 10:57 AM   #16
1fastchick
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
Merc, I guess you didn't know. You're address was published in the 2002 edition of The Fayetteville Racer's Gazette. It's kinda like a "map of the stars homes". Look for it in the paper machine in front of Dunkin Donuts.

Take care,
-Chris
ROFLMAO

www.cycleforums.com

1968 Fastback "Gidget"
1fastchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 01:44 PM   #17
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Hey Merc, just put some Cobra emblems on the side of your house. That'll keep em from messin with ya.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 06:41 PM   #18
elliotness
Registered Member

The keebler elves take was hilarious.......

Elliot
elliotness is offline   Reply With Quote