MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-16-2002, 10:40 AM   #1
Coupe Devil

Default Utter Sadness

A true disgrace. I stil lcant believe it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...item=600539424

Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 11:27 AM   #2
DRASTiK
Registered Member

Doesn't that just make you wanna go up to him, pick him up by his neck, and just backhand him one good time, then just walk away without saying a word?

ummmmm....

okay, maybe not...... sorry.... sorry....
DRASTiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 12:47 PM   #3
7000rpmisheaven
Registered Member

Thats horrible. It looks like a riced out Saleen, except its a v6
milodon water pump, FMS 9mm wires, aluminum driveshaft, king cobra clutch
7000rpmisheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 02:04 PM   #4
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

true ricer style...........looks like it would go a million miles per hour......but only has a v6

i think i would be ok with it ,..."if"it actually had something worthy under the hood.........what i don't get is why spend all that money to make somthing look fast ......but then don't actually make it fast..........thats what cracks me up about most of the local ricer guy's.......it looks fast as hell ....but grandma's luxo-barge can smoke it............why bother with spending all kinds of money to make a turd look fast.........no offence to 6 cylinder mustang owners .......i just think the guy would have used his money alot wiser if he would have customized a v8
87 Mustang GT T-top >hanlon t-5, pro 5.0, centerforce clutch ,adj. cable/quatrant ,3.27s ,full 2 1/2 ex(off road H) adj. reg. ,e-cam ,70mm TB, cobra intake ,1.7rr ,ported/milled e7ets w/crane springs ,306 balaced/decked short block w/speed pro forged flat top pistons ...257rwhp/302rwt
best et 13.7@102 (4/11 )

'80 Capri (future project,currently collecting parts for 351 moter)
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 02:50 PM   #5
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

We here about these idiots on the road but to come across one is just painful. He truely is a dumbass, can't the ricers stay with there imports. They are putting a bad name for us.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 03:27 PM   #6
Coupe Devil

I think he is an idiot. But I want a big "tach meter" like his.

Old 01-16-2002, 04:38 PM   #7
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by old guy with 87 gt
true ricer style...........looks like it would go a million miles per hour......but only has a v6

i think i would be ok with it ,..."if"it actually had something worthy under the hood.........what i don't get is why spend all that money to make somthing look fast ......but then don't actually make it fast..........thats what cracks me up about most of the local ricer guy's.......it looks fast as hell ....but grandma's luxo-barge can smoke it............why bother with spending all kinds of money to make a turd look fast.........no offence to 6 cylinder mustang owners .......i just think the guy would have used his money alot wiser if he would have customized a v8
At first I wasn't even going to reply to this ignorant post, or any of the others...but why do you care who does what with their car? I, too, did the 6 cylinder thing about 4 years ago, when I was 17 and could not have a V8. There's nothing wrong with that...and I'm always annoyed by the high and mighty attitude of those who CAN have a V8, even now that I have a GT myself.

Not everyone can have a V8, or even cares to have one. Maybe he just likes the look of the GT, but is perfectly content to drive a economical V6? And yes, I am making this personal because everyone feels the need to dog on V6 owners all the time for actually wanting to make their cars look nicer..maybe we don't want a limp dick exhaust pipe, or 15x7 wheels--does that mean we need the higher insurance rates???

The thing that annoys me about cars like this is ATTITUDE. The ones that rev annoyingly at lights, or pull fly bys after you've already smoked them..but I don't judge people because they choose to "upgrade" their automobiles with dual exhaust, or aftermarket bumpers etc...(now of course I don't think chrome fender trim is an upgrade...but that's another thread altogether ) I do think fake badges are stupid...I also did that, but wouldn't do it today...but who the heck says a STALKER bumper is a V8 modification only??

I never thought my car was fast...the stupid thing ran 17.04 for pete's sake. However, it was FUN! I loved to drive her, because she ran well, and never gave me the problems of the V8. Ricers to me are people that act like their car is a McLaren F1, and feel the need to race everyone. Maybe we have different opinions of what constitutes a true "ricer", but I had a great time with my "cobra" V6, and even the comments of people such as yourself will never change that
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 04:39 PM   #8
95mustanggt
Registered Member

offly expensive for a giant paper weight, which is all it's good for!

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 04:51 PM   #9
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306

At first I wasn't even going to reply to this ignorant post, or any of the others...but why do you care who does what with their car? I, too, did the 6 cylinder thing about 4 years ago, when I was 17 and could not have a V8. There's nothing wrong with that...and I'm always annoyed by the high and mighty attitude of those who CAN have a V8, even now that I have a GT myself.

Not everyone can have a V8, or even cares to have one. Maybe he just likes the look of the GT, but is perfectly content to drive a economical V6? And yes, I am making this personal because everyone feels the need to dog on V6 owners all the time for actually wanting to make their cars look nicer..maybe we don't want a limp dick exhaust pipe, or 15x7 wheels--does that mean we need the higher insurance rates???

The thing that annoys me about cars like this is ATTITUDE. The ones that rev annoyingly at lights, or pull fly bys after you've already smoked them..but I don't judge people because they choose to "upgrade" their automobiles with dual exhaust, or aftermarket bumpers etc...(now of course I don't think chrome fender trim is an upgrade...but that's another thread altogether ) I do think fake badges are stupid...I also did that, but wouldn't do it today...but who the heck says a STALKER bumper is a V8 modification only??

I never thought my car was fast...the stupid thing ran 17.04 for pete's sake. However, it was FUN! I loved to drive her, because she ran well, and never gave me the problems of the V8. Ricers to me are people that act like their car is a McLaren F1, and feel the need to race everyone. Maybe we have different opinions of what constitutes a true "ricer", but I had a great time with my "cobra" V6, and even the comments of people such as yourself will never change that
I think there is nothing wrong with "upgrading" a car so that it looks better. If I saw a V6 stang with 17" aftermarket rims or aftermarket exhaust, I wouldn't make fun of the car. I agree not everyone can afford a V8.

HOWEVER, having said that there are a lot of "ricers" out there who drive imports, ford, chev, (makes no difference) who really have no clue about performance, taste, physics or anything else for that matter and are so ignorant that they have generated this whole "ricer attitude thing". There is a difference between a ricer and someone who makes there car a little better. A ricer is a "poser" and a fake, not someone who wants to add little more style or power to a stock ride. The line is fine, but it does exist. It is these people who we make fun of, unfortunately innocents are always caught in the crossfire.

Don't pull your hair out, 'cause I doubt this difference of opinions between ricers and racers is going to change anytime soon, so save yourself a little bit of sanity and ignore it.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 04:54 PM   #10
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by 95mustanggt

The line is fine, but it does exist. It is these people who we make fun of, unfortunately innocents are always caught in the crossfire.

Don't pull your hair out, 'cause I doubt this difference of opinions between ricers and racers is going to change anytime soon, so save yourself a little bit of sanity and ignore it.
You'e absolutely right I guess I'll just have to live it with it Thanks for the smart advice!
Old 01-16-2002, 05:17 PM   #11
Coupe Devil

Hey mustangbelle, I didnt mean to make you mad. I seen the bllue stang you did the cobra clone to and it looked good. It wasnt all riced out. The wing, body kit and hood i understand putting on a v-8 but not a v-6 with all the other stuff it had done to it. Hey I drive a 4 banger everyday. I know what its like to not have any power. But you dont see me putting a wing, big tach meter as he calls it and a cobra hood. The only reason its got pony's is becasue they came off the wrecked 5.0

Brad

Old 01-16-2002, 06:29 PM   #12
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

tach meter
Old 01-16-2002, 11:40 PM   #13
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

well geeze......i said i meant no offence to v6 owners.........i have nothing against owning a v6 car or a 4cl car .....it wasn't too long ago that i didn't have the means to own a v8 car.......i've owned a 4cl fox and an old v6 78mustang,i appreiceated both cars for what there value was ,i actually liked em both ,...........but i would not have spent hundreds of dollars in an attemt to make them look like race cars without actually doing somthing to make them fit the looks........there's lots of mods that can be done to make a car look nice without making it look like it'll do a million miles an hour........my opinion is that guy could have spent some of that money on the moter to make it fit the looks more........

miss bell ,i agree with you about your opinion of the ricer attitude.......but i find myself stereotyping owners of cars that are only built to look fast into the same catagory as the ricers ..........my opinion is if you want a fast car then build a fast car ........i don't care whether it's an import or a domestic ,but don't try to make peaple think it's fast unless it is......it seems alot like that mustang was only built to make other peaple think it's fast..........if you only buid a car to look fast then it would suggest that there are other motives to building it other then the enjoyment of driving it or showing it........(aka=fake status symbol )

i'll leave my opinions at that......once again sorry if i offended anybody
87 Mustang GT T-top >hanlon t-5, pro 5.0, centerforce clutch ,adj. cable/quatrant ,3.27s ,full 2 1/2 ex(off road H) adj. reg. ,e-cam ,70mm TB, cobra intake ,1.7rr ,ported/milled e7ets w/crane springs ,306 balaced/decked short block w/speed pro forged flat top pistons ...257rwhp/302rwt
best et 13.7@102 (4/11 )

'80 Capri (future project,currently collecting parts for 351 moter)
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 01:34 AM   #14
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

Ummm what the heck was this dude smoking?????? That is hedious!!!!! Someone should run him over in that!!!
Old 01-17-2002, 02:39 AM   #15
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I don't mind people trying to make their car look nice, and taking pride in making their car better. That being said, this car doesn't look nice. I had no problem with most of the modifications, but the double rear window spoilers, and that messed up interior is a total joke.

I agree that ricers should stick to the proper environment and stay away from the Mustang. That's my opinion though, and they've proven time and again that my opinion isn't law, hehehe.

Mustangbelle306 As far as not being able to afford a V-8, there's a few thousand in mods on the car (which cannot be financed). More than enough to get the real deal. As for the V-6 not giving the problems of the V-8, that's exactly the opposite of most people's experiences (when left stock). For insurance, there isn't much of a difference between the GT and base model. For fuel economy, I don't know about the V-6, but both my 5.0's got better mileage than my 2.3's. I would have to say some people just want a sporty nice looking car to drive around and don't care if it has a V-8 under the hood though.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 03:17 AM   #16
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Default YOU COULD'VE HAD A V8!!!! :)

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
I don't mind people trying to make their car look nice, and taking pride in making their car better. That being said, this car doesn't look nice. I had no problem with most of the modifications, but the double rear window spoilers, and that messed up interior is a total joke.

Mustangbelle306 As far as not being able to afford a V-8, there's a few thousand in mods on the car (which cannot be financed). More than enough to get the real deal. As for the V-6 not giving the problems of the V-8, that's exactly the opposite of most people's experiences (when left stock). For insurance, there isn't much of a difference between the GT and base model. For fuel economy, I don't know about the V-6, but both my 5.0's got better mileage than my 2.3's. I would have to say some people just want a sporty nice looking car to drive around and don't care if it has a V-8 under the hood though.
UNIT...you took the words out of my mouth!!! If they can dump that much $$ into the mods...why not just get a frigin' V8??????? (reminds me of a TV commercial???) DAMN..YOU COULD'VE HAD A V8!!!!!
Ins. is NO BIG deal...(unless your a teenage boy?) of corse, its always higher especially on a faster car. As far as gas mileage goes...mine sucks gas. but thats cuz the mods I've got, and thats my choice. (thank God my new house is 5 min. ffrom work!!! )
In my honest opinion...I think it looks ricer. That was my first impulse. But to each thier own. I'm sure there are people out there who dislike things about my car.( I know there are, they've told me!!!)...but what we do to our cars our own choice and our way of personalizing them... (I dont much care for the taillights either). No offense to anyone...we all have our own tastes.....

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 02:59 PM   #17
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

YEAH BOY!! You done seed what it all have in it? I gots to get me one a' does phat rides wit ah da trik meters in it! You be noin dat dat be the bomb on da skreet yo! Ah fast and junk! BOO YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who gots my 40??!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 03:40 PM   #18
Stang Runner
Registered Member

It Give us all A bad name when a Guy like that Pulls up to a SS and the SS Wants to Race A He kills it by about 20 cars or more so he will go on and on about the SloW Mustang that he killed. Crap that Guy could have at the lest Put a Blower on it get it some respect...... I know a Guy with a Riced up Z28 and SS it says its a V6 He would not race my friend Bone stock 87 Notch BUT!!! every time he drives By does this Burn out ( I think that is was is tires are doing) revs it up the works get next to him will not look at you like OO I didnt see you. I would have raced that type of a guy.
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 04:25 PM   #19
moc
Registered Member

Thumbs down LoooooooookOOOOOOOut

for you fellow flyboys .............
They call that A F STANG TEEN
05/04/09
(Hangar Queen)
SMOKEM UP
moc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 04:27 PM   #20
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by Stang Runner
It Give us all A bad name when a Guy like that Pulls up to a SS and the SS Wants to Race A He kills it by about 20 cars or more so he will go on and on about the SloW Mustang that he killed. Crap that Guy could have at the lest Put a Blower on it get it some respect...... I know a Guy with a Riced up Z28 and SS it says its a V6 He would not race my friend Bone stock 87 Notch BUT!!! every time he drives By does this Burn out ( I think that is was is tires are doing) revs it up the works get next to him will not look at you like OO I didnt see you. I would have raced that type of a guy.
If your car is fast...then you shouldn't be so insecure about how you appear to others..especially when you're talking about people YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW