View Single Post
Old 04-27-2001, 02:13 PM   #3
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Use RTV Black on everything including the lower head bolts. The blue stuff is bunk IMO.

Remember to go through the torquing pattern over and over until each bolt is still torqued when you get back around to it. Do that for the heads, intake, and everything.

I went ahead and used the cork gaskets at the front and back of the intake and sealed them down with Permatex Indian Head gasket sealer, then put a good bead of RTV in each corner.

When you put the RTV around the coolant ports be sure to take your finger and smooth the stuff out so it doesn't glob into the intake ports. I just used a nice thin, even layer.

Use the RTV black on the valve cover gaskets too. A nice thin layer will be plenty and the gaskets will come off a lot easier should they have to be removed again.

On the smog stuff, get rid of the pump and everything attached to it. Plug any left over vacuum lines and you'll be set. Yes, it's as easy as that.

Good luck Drew, and bring that sucker by my work when you get it done. There's a nice stretch of road near there that we can go play on

------------------
Too much to list. Best ET on the car so far with stock 2.73 gears - 13.73@102mph

Indiana Stangers Association
Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241

[This message has been edited by 2FastLX (edited 04-27-2001).]
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote