MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-30-2002, 07:07 AM   #1
88workcar
Registered Member

Cool Small town greatness

I keep seeing the ricer threads and it makes me so proud to live in a place where a chump is a chump, rice is rice, and chumps drive rice. I am not the fastest car here, but I am the most well known. My car is parked on the main drag through town everyday where I work and every car that passes can see it. The KING of rice in town lives a block down from where I work. He and all the rice crowd pass by regularly. Some of them look, some wave, but most pass quietly with thier heads down. The fastest rice in town runs 13.50 supposably. I was at the track the night it happened and the only time I ever saw was a 14.20. Funny thing is, if you talk to any one of them, he is the most down to earth of them all. I thing stupidity and slow rice go hand in hand. The only rice that ever came on the side of me lately was to tell me to get on it so he could watch. All I am really blabbing about here it that I feel sorry for you fellas that have to deal with this stupidity daily.
To be old and wise, You must first be young and stupid I'm somewhere in tthe middle.
88workcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 07:30 AM   #2
88workcar
Registered Member

Cool

The line up
1. 68 chevelle 10.50 race car / big money / big block
2. 90 camaro 10.70 race car / big money / stupid / 383
3. 70 chevelle 10.99 race car / does well / nice guy / 383
4. 95 camaro 11.60 race car / limited street / big money / LS?
5. me / no money / baby motor
6. Cory 89grocery getter/ 302 bugget/ 12.0s/ soon to be 11s
7. 98 camaro 12.30s / money car/ can't drive
8. ?? luv truck 12.50s/ I ported, built heads/ no money/ nice fella
9. 93 dakota 13.20s/ friend/ bugget/ I did heads/building 360
10. 02 chevy truck/ money/ 13.50s
11. 01 chevy truck/ bugget/ 13.65/ freind
12. 02 EX cab chevy truck/ 13.90s/ bugget
13. rice turbo eclips all wheel drive/14s
14. toyota pic up 22r/ 15.0s with out spay/ freind/ hates rice
15 every one else in town 15s and slower.
To be old and wise, You must first be young and stupid I'm somewhere in tthe middle.
Old 11-30-2002, 09:32 AM   #3
this is not cbring
Registered Member

relatively quick eclipse, down to earth guy.....

sounds like a "ricer" to me
Old 11-30-2002, 12:35 PM   #4
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Why so eye bally yah eye baller!
Rice Hater's Club member #20
LayanRubr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 04:44 PM   #5
Mustanguy

Thumbs up

looks like you got quite a few quick cars in town
Old 11-30-2002, 08:19 PM   #6
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

How big is the town you live in 88workcar? I live in a town of about 6,000 people.

There are a handful of guys that have cars faster than mine (not fast, capable of mid-high 14s at sea level, stock '71 heads, no tune). All of them are older guys that never drive them or anything though. As far as kids in my high school (about 400 people) go, no one can hang even with my car. The closest to even try was a kid with a '92 Camaro RS (327/auto, way overcammed and undergeared, he's a moron, but he thinks he's ultimate mechanic boy because he's the oil change boy at the GM dealership in town ) I've posted about. I beat him by about 7-8 carlengths though.

There are a few imports here, but very minimal rice, and when some people do show up with rice mobiles they get humbled by a certain bright yellow '69 fastback.

I think the fastest street car in town is a '70 Chevelle SS 454 that runs low-low 11s on BFG Drag Radials.

Just some thought for comparison.......
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 09:40 PM   #7
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

realitivly quiet eclipse guy, geez e dude you just dont get it, day-um, i give up i tried to save you , but it's hopeless, , answer, he has the SLOWESET pos in town. got it , s.o. b learn to S.T.F.U. you are ANNOYING.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 10:05 PM   #8
88workcar
Registered Member

Cool

6t9pony, about 6000 also. But, a really nice track was just built 10 miles from here. noproblemraceway.com So little by little the fellas with few dollars are showing up with "bought" race cars (1.2.3.) The 4th guy his heads were $3000, he is now building a 383. So he will no longer be doing street duty. As far as on the street, I am the man. And you all and no one here has been told but I am pulling a running 10sec long rod 302, alum Edle head, motor out of a car tomorrow, It IS going in my car. It will take a few months. I will have to extend and port my cobra upper, rebearing, get a good oil pan, and a set of 30lbs injectors, and a alum flywheel. We are expecting it to go deep 10s in my car. It has gone 10.70s before and with the same 60ft that I make now. I will also need a 29 or 30 inch tire. I am putting the 8 point cage in this week. I am so excited, it also has a CSI water pump, and a mini starter allready on it. It is not a high compression motor so it does run pump gas and is streetable, and will be, daily. If all goes well, I will be KING. Here anyway. And with the trailer hitch still in place. "88WORKCAR"
Old 11-30-2002, 10:08 PM   #9
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

you da man , i dont mind losing to a chevy- pontiac, but the day i lose to an import pos, im buying a towncar lol. esp a vw pos.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 02:49 AM   #10
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Quote:
Originally posted by 88workcar
But, a really nice track was just built 10 miles from here. noproblemraceway.com So little by little the fellas with few dollars are showing up with "bought" race cars (1.2.3.)
The closest track to me is about 45 minutes away and is a total dump. It's pretty much worthless to race there unless you have slicks or some nice drag radials. They do minimal prep to the track and they have even had to stop the races before to land a plane there because it's an airport runway turned into a makeshift dragstrip. It's pretty dangerous for guys running extremely fast too because they can lose it very easily off the launch. Bandimere in Denver is about 2-1/2 hours away from me. That's where most of the serious drag racers in town go for the most part.

One real dick that lives here and owns a towing service has a '69 Camaro built for racing; but it's not street legal. I think he runs 9s with it. A kid and his dad who own a Dodge dealership in town have a couple strictly race cars they take to the track. They have a dragster that's in the Super Gas and an Avenger, but I forget the class they run that one in. Another rich banker has a Cavalier that does 8s and is strictly drag......quite a few strictly drag cars....

My car is probably in the top 10 street cars around here. Although with a best time of 15.6 sounds pretty pathetic. But that turns into a 14.9 at sea level, and if I could take my 2.5 60' down to around 2.1 or 2.2 with slicks (see what I mean by a pathetic track???) that should be a mid-14 at sea level. Maybe a 15 flat at 3500+ elevation. That was also in the middle of the afternoon on a 85 degree day with about 45% humidity. My car runs real hot too so I get a pretty decent power loss when it's that hot outside. Plus there was a bad tune......full weight car.....etc., etc., etc......you know, all the excuses.....

This summer I'm gonna get some slicks, tear off my sway bar, re-jet my carb, HOPEFULLY an electronic ignition, new plugs, and maybe lighten it up a little bit....Maybe I'll break into the 14s...lol....damn that's slow......

408W.....someday.....someday......
Old 12-01-2002, 03:24 AM   #11
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

I live in a Town of 100,000 people. Over here if you aint runnin 11's or better you aint racin' "So they say".

Both of my cars run mid 13's.....It is fun to race my cobra against the LS-1's and such but it is far too slow to go to the street races. Almost all of those guys run 9's....10's and 11's.

You see it all here, there is a 9 second SVO stang that is a daily driver. A few turbo Talons in the 12's, and a butt load of stangs, camaros, Grand Nationals, Supras, Vettes, Vipers and believe it or not trucks running 12's or better.

The competition is steep in Odessa,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 03:30 AM   #12
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_5.0
I live in a Town of 100,000 people. Over here if you aint runnin 11's or better you aint racin' "So they say".

Almost all of those guys run 9's....10's and 11's.

You see it all here,

The competition is steep in Odessa,
Yeah well, I HAVE CABELA'S!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2002, 03:34 AM   #13
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 6T9PONY
Is that Mexican food, or some kind of South American STD?
Old 12-01-2002, 03:42 AM   #14
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

dammit.....I was hoping you'd at least know what it is.....

Cabela's is a pretty famous hunting, fishing, and outdoor products supplier. The company was created in my hometown and is now famous across the world. Their corporate headquarters are located here along with the original retail store. My mom is actually the inventory control manager in the hunting and hard goods division for the Sidney store and works in the corporate offices.....that means I get hooked up with a sweet discount....

Here's a link.....Cabela's - World's Foremost Outfitter

PS- It's pronounced "kuh bell uhz"....
Old 12-01-2002, 04:09 AM   #15
Mustanguy

Cool

Quote:
And you all and no one here has been told but I am pulling a running 10sec long rod 302, alum Edle head, motor out of a car tomorrow, It IS going in my car.
Awsome jason,you musta got a sweet deal huh
Old 12-01-2002, 05:32 AM   #16
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And you all and no one here has been told but I am pulling a running 10sec long rod 302, alum Edle head, motor out of a car tomorrow, It IS going in my car.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you still gonna try and use speed density? Surely not

I was gonna try and make my LX as fast as yours all motor but I guess thats not gonna happen now

Maybe you can pull some wheelies like Ultraflow

Good luck,
Old 12-01-2002, 05:39 AM   #17
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by 6T9PONY
They make a special shampoo for that. You can get it at any drug store.
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 10:32 AM   #18
88workcar
Registered Member

Cool

Dark, I was going to visit you before the engine swap, but now that I see a little history of Odessa, I think I going to wait Yes I will try the speed density, Simply because the motor has a WG1087 cam in it, and I have made that one work in my car before, matter fact it is my old cam. Which is indication to some of you out there, a small cam can do well. We installed a custom from cam motion, a custom from comp, and wound up with the little 1087 back in thier because it was faster. I helped build this motor 3 years ago. It has over $7000 in it not including machine work which was all free. It has angle milled decks, fully floated, balanced, windage tray, Eagle rods, forged pistons, fluid damper, comp rollers, Eldel alum heads, 2.02, 1.60s fully ported, and dressed with all the tricks, ceramic headers, mini starter, CSI water pump, 4 core alum radiator, every bolt is ARP, Its is just bad ***. I am paying $2500 for it and I did get a loan to do it because other wise I would have missed out. I will probably sell the Banshee to pay it off, but getting it was the most important.
Old 12-01-2002, 11:34 AM   #19
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I live in a smaller town than probably anyone on the boards here (less than 500 people) so I know where you are coming from. Myself and a couple other guys are the only hot rodders in town.

When I had my last Stang it was one of the fastest street cars around. The closest towns to me are 5 miles South, and another 5 miles North. The population of both of these towns is less than 2500 people I am guessing. I could go to either town and draw a small crowd. When the hood opened people were in aww. I didn't really think it was that much, but they seemed to.

But even though they are small towns there is still rice running around. I had one kid pull up next to me in a riced out 6cyl Stang with hydraulics. He was bouncing the rear of the car up and down driving beside me on the highway like he thought that was cool or something. I floored it and left him like he was sitting still then slowed back to speed. He never tried to catch up and stayed behind me like he was ashamed.
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 04:26 PM   #20
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 88workcar
Dark, I was going to visit you before the engine swap, but now that I see a little history of Odessa, I think I going to wait Yes I will try the speed density, Simply because the motor has a WG1087 cam in it, and I have made that one work in my car before, matter fact it is my old cam. Which is indication to some of you out there, a small cam can do well. We installed a custom from cam motion, a custom from comp, and wound up with the little 1087 back in thier because it was faster. I helped build this motor 3 years ago. It has over $7000 in it not including machine work which was all free. It has angle milled decks, fully floated, balanced, windage tray, Eagle rods, forged pistons, fluid damper, comp rollers, Eldel alum heads, 2.02, 1.60s fully ported, and dressed with all the tricks, ceramic headers, mini starter, CSI water pump, 4 core alum radiator, every bolt is ARP, Its is just bad ***. I am paying $2500 for it and I did get a loan to do it because other wise I would have missed out. I will probably sell the Banshee to pay it off, but getting it was the most important.
It will be cool if you get it to work with speed density, As light as your car is it should really haul @ss.

The way your car comes off the line I imagine you could give lots of people a run for there money on the street.

Your cars a real sleeper, If I met you on the street and you told me your mods I would think easy money

That would suck,

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: